Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "I told you so" Melvin Anthony edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Melvin in Hawaii. I walked up to him, he didn't look me in the eye, was looking the other way, rolling his eyes like he didn't wanna be there. I asked him a couple questions and his tone was arogant.

I know he's a really nice, funny guy. I probably just caught him on a bad day, or he felt I just wasn't worth paying 30 seconds of attention to.
    Whatever, I try and not hold it against the guy but I do. lol It's always in the back of my mind. I really liked him before and now, he's just another jerk bodybuilder. I hope I have the guy pegged wrong though.

Comment

^^ would love to waste 30 seconds on ya, Melvin is a fool.......
      visit

Comment

Originally posted by ampamp75 View Post
        ^^ would love to waste 30 seconds on ya, Melvin is a fool.......

I would also love to spend 30sec. But truth to be told I would probably only need 15.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleyaG View Post
          I met Melvin in Hawaii. I walked up to him, he didn't look me in the eye, was looking the other way, rolling his eyes like he didn't wanna be there. I asked him a couple questions and his tone was arogant.

I know he's a really nice, funny guy. I probably just caught him on a bad day, or he felt I just wasn't worth paying 30 seconds of attention to.
          Whatever, I try and not hold it against the guy but I do. lol It's always in the back of my mind. I really liked him before and now, he's just another jerk bodybuilder. I hope I have the guy pegged wrong though.
          he have his bluetooth in? lol

honestly, it's not like you are a rock star. I mean do people REALLY come up to you that often that are fans? Unless you are ronnie or jay I think you can at least be polite and say that you appreciate the support, but you are busy and thank them. That's just my feelings on that sort of stuff. Some of these guys go to the arnold, sit behind booths that pay them, and then they act pissed off when fans come up to them. It's like dude, what the fuck do you expect the fans to do. Again, it's not like you get mobbed when you go to the grocery store so chill the fuck out. Take a few days out of the year, meet your fans and make their day. Maybe you don't give a shit about one of them, but I guarantee you that if you are nice and go above and beyond for your fans you will have loyal fans for life and you will completely make their day.

This isn't a rant about melvin; just any bodybuilder in general who gets that kind of attitude
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

What Layne is trying to say is that everything about roidrage is true , and he would never act rude to fans because he is a proud natty!

J/K

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

honestly, it's not like you are a rock star. I mean do people REALLY come up to you that often that are fans? Unless you are ronnie or jay I think you can at least be polite and say that you appreciate the support, but you are busy and thank them. That's just my feelings on that sort of stuff. Some of these guys go to the arnold, sit behind booths that pay them, and then they act pissed off when fans come up to them. It's like dude, what the fuck do you expect the fans to do. Again, it's not like you get mobbed when you go to the grocery store so chill the fuck out. Take a few days out of the year, meet your fans and make their day. Maybe you don't give a shit about one of them, but I guarantee you that if you are nice and go above and beyond for your fans you will have loyal fans for life and you will completely make their day.

This isn't a rant about melvin; just any bodybuilder in general who gets that kind of attitude
              For reals.
              He was guest posing, so it's not like he was dieting and out of it. Branch Warren at least smiled and shook my hand. So guess who has my loyalty.

Comment

Awsome points. I agree

Comment

oooh you cursed, roidrage..you cant be natural

Comment

I listen to firsthand accounts of bb'er interactions and take them with a grain of salt because there are many situations that can come into play as you have said.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt too. That's why I'm not going to get pissed off just seeing Dexter walking by me. I'd just like that courtesy before someone formulates a bad opinion on me.

(not trying to start anything; just that these guys have a lot going on, moreso than others)

Comment

he doesnt look bad in the video on flexonline
                      nstagram: lightsout50

Comment

Originally posted by SashaG View Post
                        There's a video on Flex online of him posing . . .he looks like he's in shape:

http://www.flexonline.com/videos?bct...lid=1460782895
                        yes he is in shape
                        nstagram: lightsout50

Comment

Originally posted by lightsoutlekina View Post
                          he doesnt look bad in the video on flexonline
                          doesn't look great either

Comment

Originally posted by kaizenro View Post
                            I listen to firsthand accounts of bb'er interactions and take them with a grain of salt because there are many situations that can come into play as you have said.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt too. That's why I'm not going to get pissed off just seeing Dexter walking by me. I'd just like that courtesy before someone formulates a bad opinion on me.

(not trying to start anything; just that these guys have a lot going on, moreso than others)

I don't buy that. When I go to work everyday it's my job to make people feel good about themselves. It doesn't matter that in my mind I think they're a fat piece of lazy shit that smells like fried food. I tell them they're awesome.

My job depends on it. My income depends on it and I have to do that shit everyday. It's not difficult to put your attitude in check for just a minute. Especially when you see a starry eyed smiling fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
                              What Layne is trying to say is that everything about roidrage is true , and he would never act rude to fans because he is a proud natty!

J/K
                              LOL @ Roidrage.

Hey in all seriousness I've seen some natural guys be complete dickheads too and some IFBB guys are some of the nicest people you could meet (Evan Centopani at Pat Richardson are 2 guys who come to mind who are about the nicest people you could possibly meet). So it's more about being self-aware and down to earth.

I am very fortunate in that when I go to shows I usually have a lot of people who want to talk to me and many identify themselves as 'fans'. I still feel uncomfortable saying that; but I'm just using it to make a point. I'm no rock star and neither are these guys. I go out shopping and no one knows nor cares who I am. When I go to these shows; I get quite a bit of attention and I'm extremely grateful for it. It's a blessing to be able to positively impact people's lives and so when someone comes up to me and says they are a fan, I try to talk to them as much as they like (within reason of course) so they walk away saying "Layne was really cool". I know bodybuilding isn't a super popular sport and so whatever 'fans' you have you definitely want to keep them happy. So I never understood it when people act like they aren't interested in talking to fans or that they are annoyed by it. I mean by sunday at the arnold my voice is usually gone and I'm tired and want to go home, but I'm not going to act like a dick just because of that, nobody should.

I will say that most pros I have observed and been around do take time with fans and are very approachable. Stories like doubleyaG's tend to be the exception to the rule rather than the rule. Most guys get it.
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

I don't buy that. When I go to work everyday it's my job to make people feel good about themselves. It doesn't matter that in my mind I think they're a fat piece of lazy shit that smells like fried food. I tell them they're awesome.

My job depends on it. My income depends on it and I have to do that shit everyday. It's not difficult to put your attitude in check for just a minute. Especially when you see a starry eyed smiling fan.
                                THIS.

It is a privilege and anyone who is blessed enough to have people who consider themselves 'fans' should view it as such IMO.

*waits to get flamed for saying he has 'fans'*
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X