Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "I told you so" Melvin Anthony edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layne the American hero!

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
      Layne the American hero!
      *waiting for swede to flame the shit out of him*
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

haha, I wont, just because I dont like the look if your body doesn't mean I hate you

...and everything you say is the truth. I thought it was just called "common sense" but not among bb's I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ericplay View Post
          we will see tonight
          Andy Haman looks incredible right now. Has that Jay look to him at the weigh in (pics)
          Melvin looks flat and off but until they all hit the stage we won't know for sure.
          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleyaG View Post
            I met Melvin in Hawaii. I walked up to him, he didn't look me in the eye, was looking the other way, rolling his eyes like he didn't wanna be there. I asked him a couple questions and his tone was arogant.

I know he's a really nice, funny guy. I probably just caught him on a bad day, or he felt I just wasn't worth paying 30 seconds of attention to.
            Whatever, I try and not hold it against the guy but I do. lol It's always in the back of my mind. I really liked him before and now, he's just another jerk bodybuilder. I hope I have the guy pegged wrong though.

I don't know what's up with dude. Has he decided to like penis now?
            "You're not impressed? Are you kidding me?! Every guy that steps on that (Olympia) stage is a legend somewhere." - King Cutler

Comment

Layne, if I ever see you at a show, chances are I will dry-hump your leg.....hope that's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinBB View Post
                Layne, if I ever see you at a show, chances are I will dry-hump your leg.....hope that's cool.
                do what you gotta do. I'll bring a towel
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  do what you gotta do. I'll bring a towel

Deal!

Comment

I wonder what steve is thinking about **'s play by play thread is getting Double the ammount of hits lol. Im guessing this post will Also removed as the other one in the subject lol

Comment

Originally posted by Swede View Post
                      I will admit I was wrong and everyone is allowed to hate how much they want

Comment

is the rumours true?

OOPS

Comment

LMAO @ Swede!

Enjoy this moment, Flex!

Comment

Melvin is lazzy and wasted his best years bullshiting

I'd be very pissed off too If i were to know that I wasted a chance of a top spot at MR.O and more importantly $$$
                            "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleyaG View Post
                              I don't buy that. When I go to work everyday it's my job to make people feel good about themselves. It doesn't matter that in my mind I think they're a fat piece of lazy shit that smells like fried food. I tell them they're awesome.

My job depends on it. My income depends on it and I have to do that shit everyday. It's not difficult to put your attitude in check for just a minute. Especially when you see a starry eyed smiling fan.
                              MMMMMM...fried food

BTW Swede, do you think I should start one of these for Overlord? Just messin Overlord.
                              www.fouadhossabiad.com

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                LOL @ Roidrage.

Hey in all seriousness I've seen some natural guys be complete dickheads too and some IFBB guys are some of the nicest people you could meet (Evan Centopani at Pat Richardson are 2 guys who come to mind who are about the nicest people you could possibly meet). So it's more about being self-aware and down to earth.

I am very fortunate in that when I go to shows I usually have a lot of people who want to talk to me and many identify themselves as 'fans'. I still feel uncomfortable saying that; but I'm just using it to make a point. I'm no rock star and neither are these guys. I go out shopping and no one knows nor cares who I am. When I go to these shows; I get quite a bit of attention and I'm extremely grateful for it. It's a blessing to be able to positively impact people's lives and so when someone comes up to me and says they are a fan, I try to talk to them as much as they like (within reason of course) so they walk away saying "Layne was really cool". I know bodybuilding isn't a super popular sport and so whatever 'fans' you have you definitely want to keep them happy. So I never understood it when people act like they aren't interested in talking to fans or that they are annoyed by it. I mean by sunday at the arnold my voice is usually gone and I'm tired and want to go home, but I'm not going to act like a dick just because of that, nobody should.

I will say that most pros I have observed and been around do take time with fans and are very approachable. Stories like doubleyaG's tend to be the exception to the rule rather than the rule. Most guys get it.
                                Less than 1% of the U.S. population knows who Jay Cutler is. I couldn't even name the Top 5, but that's me.

American Idol contestants that don't win become more of a household name than successful BBs. There is no media outside hardcore followers that buy magazines or read websites.

The most famous public BBs are Arnold and Lou for the film careers more so than their stage careers.

Comment

Working...
                                X