Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Henry & Steve Namat interviews/posing hours out from the Jacksonville Pro

Dave Henry

- click for Dave Henry interview -

Here's Dave Henry 5 hours before stepping on stage here at the 2010 Jacksonville Pro Championships. Coming from a fresh loss at the 2010 Europa Battle of Champions, Dave is guessing or asking what was missing that allowed Jose Raymond to surpass and win the 202 overall. The former 202 Mr Olympia is calm, cool and collected. He's got a lot going for him: Retires from the Air Force in Four years, has a lovely wife and daughter and a career progression thereafter. So bodybuilding isn't the primary but the look in his eyes tells you otherwise. Dave is competitive and wants a win before taking a week off and then hitting it hard for 6 weeks to the Olympia.

Steve Namat:

- click for Steve Namat interview--

Steve Namat is following the bodybuilder's dream. Originally from Hungary Steve knew that if he wanted to proceed the IFBB Pro Bodybuilder's dream he couldn't do it from Europe. All the tough shows and the ability to make money and gain a little fame are in the United States. He packed up his wife and lifting straps, took a chance and came to the US. He's now a full time trainer at Powerhouse Gym Downtown Tampa and has moved up the ranks to place in the top 5 consistently looking dialed and sharp. If he adds a few more pounds he can potentially win the 202 Mr Olympia with his aesthetics.

I hope he wins this show. I feel he was robbed last time. His conditioning is impressive.
    Get 5% off your purchase at trueprotein.com using this code CSB471.

Comment

Yeah, Dave needs, wants and deserves this win. It`s hard to say based on that video, but I think that his upper body looks a bit more dialed in than two weeks ago, well at least I hope so. What the truth is, we`ll hopefully see it in the few hours...

Comment

it really sucks when a great bber doesnt get what he deserves dave shoulda won the 202 olympia last year and shoulda won the show 2 weeks ago
        nstagram: lightsout50

Comment

I don't see any reason for David Henry not to win the show! Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by lightsoutlekina View Post
            it really sucks when a great bber doesnt get what he deserves dave shoulda won the 202 olympia last year and shoulda won the show 2 weeks ago
            yup, the only flaw I can see with DH is the quad sweep. That being the case, I still agree 100%

Comment

Fantastic muscle quality. Like little Ronnie Coleman.

Comment

great chest n freaki veins

Comment

Did Henry piss off judges at some point? If anyone takes prep seriously, it's Dave. I tried speaking with him once in AZ before the 08 Olympia and he literally stopped talking mid-sentence and pulled out his Tupperware full of beef and ate. The guy usually refuses to pose for pics before a contest as well. I hated that, but can respect him for taking every last detail so seriously.
                  BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

By the way...

Dave, thanks for your 16+ years serving our country. dedication
                    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

Jose Raymond beet Dave a few weeks ago. I think it was close like Dave says but Jose was harder overall and shines in quads where dave is lacking. He matches up against dave and brings out his only flaw. Joses big arms and back are just as ridiculous as daves too
                      Last edited by dmm3218; August 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

dave's upper body is on another level of freakiness. his quad sweep isn't the greates and his hamstring/glute are isn't as shredded as some but his overall package is amazing. he should get the 202 O and should place in the top 10 in the overall.

Comment

Originally posted by dmm3218 View Post
                          Jose Raymond beet Dave a few weeks ago. I think it was close like Dave says but Jose was harder overall and shines in quads where dave is lacking. He matches up against dave and brings out his only flaw. Joses big arms and back are just as ridiculous as daves too
                          PFF please,the poll was 87% for henry,he won hands down.

Comment

David is a class act. have nothing but the utmost respect for him. As all of you are mentioning his legs are his only flaw, but he seems to want to change all of our minds about it.
                            He has the 202 physique that many, I as well, strive to look like.
                            Cant wait to see him win this weekend, and then maybe run into on stage soon.

And Dave if you come on here and read the forums.....My family and I may just show up at your house for the weekend, I will challenge you Bobby Flay style to a Throwdown! (probably get my ass kicked in the cooking department as well!) haha
                            www.sethferocetraining.com www.IsolatorFitness.com
                            www.Muscletech.com

Comment

Originally posted by dmm3218 View Post
                              NOPE.
                              A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

Working...
                              X