Joel Thomas One Week Out Depletion Workout 2010 NPC Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Thomas One Week Out Depletion Workout 2010 NPC Nationals

Joel Thomas is one week out from the 2010 NPC National Bodybuilding Championships. He took the overall to his amateur competition last year but wanted to wait a full year in order to improve his weaknesses. Joel is definitely going to ruin a few competitor's plans.

This twenty-seven year old North Florida bodybuilder and powerlifter is about to resurface after his Overall and Heavyweight Class win at the All South in 2009. Thomas will make his national debut in Atlanta, Georgia at the 2010 NPC Nationals, which is expected to be a noteworthy debut as the classic lines of the powerful young man are sure to be much talked about around the bodybuilding community.

Joel trained at Tony Curtis' Future Fitness Gym in Lake City for years prior to moving closer to work near Jacksonville and since has moved to Gainesville, Florida. As an APF powerlifter Joel took many trophies with for example a bench press of well in access of 600 lbs. Not bad for a twenty-five year old at the time. Weeks out from contests Joel is continuing to sling heavy weight around that is far beyond the expectation of the average powerlifter let alone physique competitor.

"What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

This heavyweight looks good. Wonder how he will look next to Fred Smalls.

Comment

What song/band is played at the beginning and the very end of this video?

Comment

Correction: He is actually 26 (he'll have another 10lbs of muscle by 27, lol).

A lot of us North Florida boys and girls will be rootin for Joel at nationals and as he continues to lay a strong foundation for his future. Considering his wrestling & powerlifting background I expect he will eventually make the transition to professional wrestling. There's a lot of money it wrestling and he has a good marketable image. And that stare you down look on his face actually comes from his wrestling background I'm sure. His look basically says it all, "I'm gonna win" and I believe he will one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
          Correction: He is actually 26 (he'll have another 10lbs of muscle by 27, lol).

A lot of us North Florida boys and girls will be rootin for Joel at nationals and as he continues to lay a strong foundation for his future. Considering his wrestling & powerlifting background I expect he will eventually make the transition to professional wrestling. There's a lot of money it wrestling and he has a good marketable image. And that stare you down look on his face actually comes from his wrestling background I'm sure. His look basically says it all, "I'm gonna win" and I believe he will one way or the other.
          Will you be in Atlanta then?

Comment

Not enough work scheduled for me to go. Instead, I'll be at Dayana Cadeau's & another big event with hot fitness chicks the last few weekends of October. Then the All South (that Joel won last year), South Florida Championships and more in November. Happy to help MD anyway possible.

Comment

Damn, when he was going to do the 140's, I thought to myself, "yeah right, they'll be little half reps at the most, since he's depleting".....man was I WRONG, those were full ROM reps right there!!! Good luck to Joel, I"m sure he'll do good!!

Comment

Originally posted by snachito View Post
                Damn, when he was going to do the 140's, I thought to myself, "yeah right, they'll be little half reps at the most, since he's depleting".....man was I WRONG, those were full ROM reps right there!!! Good luck to Joel, I"m sure he'll do good!!
                the text says he's benched over 600 in a meet so i'm sure he could probably incline the 140's with no food for a week.

Comment

At 23yrs old benching 633 lbs at Tony Curtis' APF Byrd Memorial. Byrd was Joel's first trainer from what I understand.

Comment

Bout time for Joel "Adonis" Thomas to show'em what's up amongst the young bloods!
                    Yea, I thought up the "Adonis," which I expect to be said again and again as it is fitting of this young man's mythological proportions. lol.

Comment

John, you saying Adonis brings back memories of the old "don''t ask don't tell" policies while in the Navy.

Comment

lol, Adonis, the young lover of Aphrodite was worshiped as a cult figure by various religions of the Greco-Roman empire. Adonis Thomas looks better than his mythological figures sculpted in likeness during the Baroque period in Rome and this incarnation of Adonis was indeed a Greco-Roman wrestling champion

If it looks like Adonis and behaves like him then it must be,...Plus, after posting that teaser clip of him I've had more member signups to my youtube account by the cult of personalities that you are referencing for me to rule out any doubt whatsoever.

Comment

Wow what a great looking body will i'm your newest fan

Comment

Congrats on 5th Place in the heavies

Comment

Working...
                            X