USA's: Chad LaCount 6 Weeks Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Chad LaCount was in Chicago for the 2010 Jr Nationals and that Sunday we met him in the gym for a chest workout before his drive back to Michigan. Even though Chad's been actively lifting for the past 20 years he's only been on the scene for the past 6 years.

Chad made a conscious choice to first establish a career, build a house and raise a family. Once he got all that straightened out he went back to the drawing board and started competing in Michigan then into the National Scene. Last year Chad competed as a Super Heavyweight and took 4th at the 2009 USA Championships followed up with 2nd at the 2009 North Americans.

Since then Chad went back to Michigan to concentrate on putting on more size as well as make the adjustments to come in leaner and harder.

Well, we have to tell ya. It looks like it's working!
    DId you do this vid?

Comment

Originally posted by Gman52 View Post
      Did you do this vid?
      I filmed, interviewed and edited the vid, yes.

Was it that bad?

On a side note, in between the video clips we were BSing and I was laughing a lot between our banter. But in addition to that I was a bit envious because of the dynamic between the workout partners.

It's no wonder Chad's put on more size.
      "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I filmed, interviewed and edited the vid, yes.

Was it that bad?

On a side note, in between the video clips we were BSing and I was laughing a lot between our banter. But in addition to that I was a bit envious because of the dynamic between the workout partners.

It's no wonder Chad's put on more size.
        Hey Mike: You did a great job! Thanks again and I'm sure Chad was pleased too! The dynamics between the workout partners should be the envy of all!

Comment

I first met Chad years ago when he did the Wisconsin and won. I was judging the show. As soon as he walked out I was like WTF! He was big and had great symmetry. So as he was walking onstage I thought he looked a little soft... NOT! As soon as he flexed, everything just jumped off him, his skin got tight and grainy, and then all these little veins just came out of nowhere like Dorian used to do. I just threw my pencil down and said "well this ones over".

Over the past few years he's been able to refine his training and diet altering his first appearance, and it's paid off. The guy does his homework, then does the work. Great guy to. Someone you can just talk to about everything as you can tell by the video.

Of course I wish him all the best. The way Dusty looked, and some of the others in that division, it's gonna be awesome to watch. The Super Heavy's are no longer considered a weak division!

I would have said good luck, but luck is for chumps!

Comment

Yeah, Chad's conditioning is sick.
            Twinlab Athlete

Comment

Cool as guy!!!!!!!!! I met him at Muscletech and was real down to earth and big as shit!!!!!!!
              SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
              2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

The countdown begins! Hope all is well and your condititioning is tops again this year! By what i've seen so far it'll be an interesting Super class. I have to pegged to take it all. Wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Expect big things from Chad!

Comment

Always support the people from the Mitten. Good luck at the USA's Chad!!!!!

Comment

People who wear mittens?

Comment

Originally posted by PJ BRAUN View Post
                        I have allways been a fan of Chads look. He has a really classic throw back look complete with tiny waist and nasty grainy condition.
                        Also Chad is a really friendly guy and a family man. Definitely a good rep for the sport!
                        last year at North Americans he was on stage and got first call out...When he came to the center his little daughter was yelling "hi daddy" to him...even in that serious moment of battle he smiled and waved back to her. The crowd got a kick out of it!

Good luck bro!
                        Good story PJ. I was there. That was awesome! Still had him pegged for 1st HW. But so is bodybuilding.
                        Humapro - Protein for Humans - alrindustries.com

Comment

Met Chad up in Toronto at Muscletech. Super nice guy and big as shit too
                          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Great guy and awesome physique that comes in shredded as hell along with a size that flows. Best of Luck Chad hope you get your Pro Card. I sure believe you will!

Comment

Good guy, great physique.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ BRAUN View Post
                                I have allways been a fan of Chads look. He has a really classic throw back look complete with tiny waist and nasty grainy condition.
                                Also Chad is a really friendly guy and a family man. Definitely a good rep for the sport!
                                last year at North Americans he was on stage and got first call out...When he came to the center his little daughter was yelling "hi daddy" to him...even in that serious moment of battle he smiled and waved back to her. The crowd got a kick out of it!

Good luck bro!
                                PJ- could not agree more. while I have not personally met Chad, i hope to someday. Being a family man myself it is very inspiring to see a guy like this succeed in this sometime-crazy sport, have a sucessful job and be a family man- alot of guys could not handle all of that.

Thanks MD for bringing Chad to the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X