USA's: Dusty Hanshaw Trains Chest 3 Weeks Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ortho72 View Post
    any of you ever tried the Icy Hot gel before workouts like Dusty was using?
    I use it as well. I have the roll on Icy Hot.

Comment

Looking thick.

Comment

Originally posted by BodybyDecker View Post
        I use it as well. I have the roll on Icy Hot.
        do you feel like it helps?

Comment

yeah that shit is EXPENSIVE though, my girl gets it from her chiropractor at a discount sometimes but not too often, the Icy Hot is probably a lot cheaper.
          It worked. Its in the Vitamin Shoppe.

Comment

Dusty has a great attitude and drive.

Comment

Good shit....I would like to see more of Dusty....maybe a Leg workout video after the USAs

Comment

This guy should have raped the shit out of that Matt guy at the Junior Nationals fucking bullshit that guy had no back and was narrow I hope Dusty fucks everyone up at the USA's
                Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Comment

Big dude. All the way big dude....

I've been thinking about trying out DC this fall/winter, but I train alone, so forced reps and such would be rather risky I gather on moves where a spotter would be needed. Hmm... We'll see. What I'm doing for now seems to be working, although I really think I could maximize my growth with a DC like scheme.

Good luck at the USA's.

Comment

Congrats..

As always Dusty, professional and well spoken, you do a great job! And your peeled!!! Grainy I love it! And who is that good looking gent training with you??? He looks very familiar... and he looks contest prep also?? You have accomplished a lot this year and I can wait to see you on stage at the USA's... Im def a fan of Team HOF!

Dan
                    True Nutrition Athlete www.dannewmire.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post

I've been thinking about trying out DC this fall/winter, but I train alone, so forced reps and such would be rather risky I gather on moves where a spotter would be needed. Hmm... We'll see. What I'm doing for now seems to be working, although I really think I could maximize my growth with a DC like scheme.

Good luck at the USA's.
                      Beast-I've done primarily DC training for the past3-4 years and I train alone. DC doesn't really involve forced reps...if you're interested in learning about DC I would either go to intensemuscle.com and read the stickies or you could pick the DC video with Jason Wojo and Franco Datillo or the one with Justin Harris and Steve Kucklo, both are great
                      Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Comment

Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post

Good luck at the USA's.
                        use the smith machine like most of the DC guys do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadwolf00 View Post
                          Good video...
                          Interesting he does DC style training, I feel like that style of training only works for a certain types of people. Also a bit injury prone for people too.

He likes so that is all that matters!
                          Very true, it only works for the type of people who arent satisfied with looking exactly like they did last year. It really isnt for everyone, probably isnt for most people to be honest, it takes a special kind of mindset.

But if I had a nickel for every bodybuilder who thinks what they are doing right now trainingwise is "their best gains ever" and is "changing them dramatically", and they are making "bigtime gains" (when the true fact of the matter is....they pretty much look exactly the same as one year ago today)...I'd have a heck of alot of nickels.

Like Dusty said...my whole methodology is about a logbook....where you yourself are held accountable....and YOU WILL change dramatically if you beat the logbook. Can it be more dangerous and could you get an injury compared to going in and going thru the motions or doing cable crossovers for 20 rep fluff sets? Heck yes....but do you want to change or not? To change you have to beat/better what you have previously done or where you have previously been (reps wise or weight wise/exercise wise).....and with that comes a little bit of risk. If thats not for someone...my advise is, if you dont want to take a risk, stay away from a sport like football, or in this case stay away from repeatedly lifting peices of slag iron metal in a gym and stick to safe things.... like table tennis and golf.

but you are 100% right...it's only for certain types of people....and that proof is in the pudding with Dusty and others (Justin's back below) who take pictures and look dramatically different than they did a year or so previous.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bigoso View Post
                            Beast-I've done primarily DC training for the past3-4 years and I train alone. DC doesn't really involve forced reps...if you're interested in learning about DC I would either go to intensemuscle.com and read the stickies or you could pick the DC video with Jason Wojo and Franco Datillo or the one with Justin Harris and Steve Kucklo, both are great
                            Welp, I wrote forced reps, when I meant rest pause. I actually have the whole DC scheme printed out, have a log book and all my top 3 excercises listed etc. Like I said, I'll probably run it this fall/winter when I go into hibernation. Just for certain excercises I'd like a spotter, but I've never had one all these years, so perhaps Im just making excuses.... I'll check the vids out though.

use the smith machine like most of the DC guys do.
                            I train mostly in my basement. Alas, no smith. Just a bar, hella plates, bench/squat/high-low pully and some smaller loose plates and bars for dumbells. I hit the rag-tag "gym" up the road when I get bored of the basement scene, but their equipment isnt much better.

Originally posted by DOGGCRAPP View Post
                            Like Dusty said...my whole methodology is about a logbook....where you yourself are held accountable....and YOU WILL change dramatically if you beat the logbook. Can it be more dangerous and could you get an injury compared to going in and going thru the motions or doing cable crossovers for 20 rep fluff sets? Heck yes....but do you want to change or not? To change you have to beat/better what you have previously done or where you have previously been (reps wise or weight wise/exercise wise).....and with that comes a little bit of risk. If thats not for someone...my advise is, if you dont want to take a risk, stay away from a sport like football, or in this case stay away from repeatedly lifting peices of slag iron metal in a gym and stick to safe things.... like table tennis and golf.
                            Yeah for me, Im not really a fan of the log book. Call me pussy, but that spells injury to me. Some days you just dont have the 'juice' or the focus, or you have nags you have to work around so the constant log book pressure, although a good way of tracking progress can/could push you at a time you dont need to pushed. Im not as young as I was, so for me staying injury free is my top priority. Mind you, I dont do any "fluff" rep bullshit. Thats never been my style. Basic excercises, heavy as I can in the 3-8 rep range depending on my focus (muscle group) that day. I've always trained holistically (which means I dont know what the f*ck Im doing) so I have an excellent read on my body. I've been looking for a way to up my growth cycles and the DC scheme seems pretty tasty. I actually used to do something similar to it years ago before I quit training. I found an old log book of mine when I used to write everything down, and its surprisingly similar in DC makeup.

But the pics dont lie, and DC trainers are getting thick as hell, so yeah, Im going to definitly give it a go this winter.

Comment

Cool video, I like the way Dusty is going about his bodybuilding career.

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words and support. It has been a great journey so far and I am just getting started.

Beast- As far as what you are saying about the logbook you are absolutely correct that it is KEY that you listen to your body when training DC. In fact Dante constantly reminds me that if you just aren't feeling it that day or you feel something is off with a bodypart DO NOT IGNORE IT!! If I feel that way during a blast I typically will just leave and either come back the next day or if I have been in a blast for awhile I may just start the cruise phase of my training.
                                iammutant.com ironrebel.com

Comment

Working...
                                X