USA's: Dusty Hanshaw Trains Chest 3 Weeks Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Hanshaw View Post
    Thanks for all of the kind words and support. It has been a great journey so far and I am just getting started.

Beast- As far as what you are saying about the logbook you are absolutely correct that it is KEY that you listen to your body when training DC. In fact Dante constantly reminds me that if you just aren't feeling it that day or you feel something is off with a bodypart DO NOT IGNORE IT!! If I feel that way during a blast I typically will just leave and either come back the next day or if I have been in a blast for awhile I may just start the cruise phase of my training.
    Ah, good to know. I was under the impression that it was very rigid... Log book or die!!!

Best of luck with the show. This ones going to be a good one. LOTS of heavy hitters competing. I cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Hanshaw View Post
      Hopefully we will get a full DC Training video up here this coming off season. DC is by far the training system that works best for my body but due to a few injuries I am dealing with currently I haven't been able to train DC for a while now. As you saw in the video I start the workout with the IcyHot and stop short on the depth of my inclines. My body is in need of a break following the USA.

Also wanted to Thank Steve and Robbie for doing an In the Trenches Video with me. I look forward to filming another after the USA's.

My left arm has been bothering me at the delt/arm tie in since febuary. It has pretty much kept me from training chest at all.....i could do light workouts but its a bit discouraging. In april i started hitting chest heavy again and a couple workouts in i knew it was just making it worse. Kind of like with you inclines really bug it out as well as flys. I can do most upper body stuff...but i feel it still. Overhead press is something the inflames it too but without insurance its hard to do anything but wait. My chiropractor thinks its an inflamed tendon which i agree with. I just wonder if you've had an MRI and if so what did they say about it? I had a cortisone shot that did nothing(had to pay out of pocket for all that) but the doctor said before i had it done that a tear of some sort(muscle or tendon) would not be helped by the shot and he was 100% right. I just want to be back 100%. Good luck at the USA'S man.

IFORCE used to make some potent pro-hormones back a couple years ago.....of their new stuff what do you think is the best?
      visit

Comment

Hope Dusty does well and is rewarded at the USAs!

Comment

i still dont get the dc training anyone have a week plan or something so i might get it then?

Comment

Originally posted by !!!pa!!! View Post
            i still dont get the dc training anyone have a week plan or something so i might get it then?
            Just google it. I found a complete write up by Dante of the whole program philosophy. Not sure if he's revamped any of his ideas since then, but it still gives a good outline of the whole DC training.

Comment

Originally posted by !!!pa!!! View Post
              Go to intensemuscle.com and look under poundpuppy stickies. Trust me DC kicks ass.

Comment

First off props to Dusty you look awesome bro!!! Best of luck come the end of july. As for DC I agree 100% its the way to go, it really makes you compete against yourself every workout which is the way to grow imo

Comment

Super inspirational vid, Dusty. Know you will be at your best on the USA stage and give it your all. Props, brother.

Comment

Awesome video. That is bodybuilding at its best right there.

Peace, G

Comment

You're gonna tear it up come the USA's Dusty! you look awesome man keep up the great work. you got a great work ethic!

Comment

Dusty, any more videos coming up?

I like the fact that you always have kind words to other competitors when a new video is released! You show quality as a human being which is awesome!

When it comes to your look I think its great! Even if you dont win or place top3-5 in the USA:s you will do well within a couple of years, you have the potential and frame to do so.

VAMOS Dusty

Comment

Originally posted by tbookie View Post
                          Dusty, any more videos coming up?

I like the fact that you always have kind words to other competitors when a new video is released! You show quality as a human being which is awesome!

When it comes to your look I think its great! Even if you dont win or place top3-5 in the USA:s you will do well within a couple of years, you have the potential and frame to do so.

VAMOS Dusty

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

As far as the other athletes I have been a fan of many of them for years and I understand that all of us are doing the best we can with what we have. I never understood all the shit talking that some guys do in the sport. I always say their is no defense in bodybuilding meaning that you cannot stop the other athletes from doing well. All you can do is do the best you can and hope that the judges think that your best is better than the rest. Either way win or lose I think all of the front runners in the USA already know what they need to improve on in the coming offseason win or lose, I sure do.

Thanks again for the kind words. My personal goal is to be noticeably better for the USA's than I was for Jr Nats and if I succeed then I am confident I can land in the top five in my first attempt at a pro qualifier. Big goal but IMO attainable.

Dusty
                          iammutant.com ironrebel.com

Comment

hey dusty, good luck at the USA's, it should be a great super heavy class! you seem like a real down to earth guy, thats good to see. I was just wondering how long do you usually run your blasts in the off season? And how long do you cruise for?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsterbukket View Post
                              hey dusty, good luck at the USA's, it should be a great super heavy class! you seem like a real down to earth guy, thats good to see. I was just wondering how long do you usually run your blasts in the off season? And how long do you cruise for?

Thanks in advance!
                              Thanks for the kind words. I am so stoked that my first pro qualifier is STACKED with great athletes. It will be awesome to be on stage with these guys and I look forward to showing the improvements I have made since the Jr Nats.

Typically my body holds up for about 8-12 weeks before I need a cruise period in the offseason. I cruise for two weeks. The first 7-10 days I don't train at all and the last few I just toy with the weights and get a little pump.
                              iammutant.com ironrebel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
                                Welp, I wrote forced reps, when I meant rest pause. I actually have the whole DC scheme printed out, have a log book and all my top 3 excercises listed etc. Like I said, I'll probably run it this fall/winter when I go into hibernation. Just for certain excercises I'd like a spotter, but I've never had one all these years, so perhaps Im just making excuses.... I'll check the vids out though.

I train mostly in my basement. Alas, no smith. Just a bar, hella plates, bench/squat/high-low pully and some smaller loose plates and bars for dumbells. I hit the rag-tag "gym" up the road when I get bored of the basement scene, but their equipment isnt much better.

Yeah for me, Im not really a fan of the log book. Call me pussy, but that spells injury to me. Some days you just dont have the 'juice' or the focus, or you have nags you have to work around so the constant log book pressure, although a good way of tracking progress can/could push you at a time you dont need to pushed. Im not as young as I was, so for me staying injury free is my top priority. Mind you, I dont do any "fluff" rep bullshit. Thats never been my style. Basic excercises, heavy as I can in the 3-8 rep range depending on my focus (muscle group) that day. I've always trained holistically (which means I dont know what the f*ck Im doing) so I have an excellent read on my body. I've been looking for a way to up my growth cycles and the DC scheme seems pretty tasty. I actually used to do something similar to it years ago before I quit training. I found an old log book of mine when I used to write everything down, and its surprisingly similar in DC makeup.

But the pics dont lie, and DC trainers are getting thick as hell, so yeah, Im going to definitly give it a go this winter.
                                No one cares what you do fatty.

Comment

Working...
                                X