Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Harris' 202 Prejudging Report plus Shawn, Flex and Seth's 202 Wrap Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Harris' 202 Prejudging Report plus Shawn, Flex and Seth's 202 Wrap Up!

-- Ron Harris' 202 Prejudging Report --

2010 202 Showdown Judging

Can Henry get his title back?

Report by Ron Harris

Two years ago, David Henry was the first 202 Showdown champ, and it’s looking like he has a good chance tonight to get his title back from Kevin English. Kevin is wider across the shoulders and back, but the Giant Killer is at 100% of his shredded and striated best, while Kevin isn’t quite as sharp. The battle for third looks to be between Jose ‘The Boston Mass’ Raymond, looking thick and nasty hard, and Eduardo Correa from Brazil. Jason Arntz and Jaroslav Horvath are in a fight for fifth place. These were my impressions of each of the 15 men competing in the world’s top 202 Pro show, in their numerical order.

#1 Ahmad Ahmad

Ahmad has a nice structure and shape, with wide shoulders and a small waist. His legs need a lot of work, as does his back. His chest, shoulders, and arms are all very good.

#2 Jason Arntz

Veteran Jason from New Jersey had a very decent overall package of size, shape, and condition. His wide shoulders and flaring quads give him a great X-frame. All he lacks to get ahead of the top 4 men is more mass, especially in the arms (more so tri’s than bi’s).

#3 Eduardo Correa

Eduardo looked pretty freaking awesome. The guy was thick, round, shredded, and packs a lot of mass for 202 pounds. It’s tough to find any faults, but he could do with more quad sweep.

#4 Kevin English

The defending champ kills everyone else here on overall width, which also gives him the impression of having a lot more size. His chest, shoulders, and arms are insanely round, thick, and full. His hams have a lot of sweep, the quads not so much.

Darryl Gee

Darryl has a hell of a physique, but he needs a lot more size to match up with these guys. Nothing is weak on him and his condition was very good. Gee was just not as big as the top men here. I can see him doing much better with another 10-12 pounds on his frame.

David Henry

David nailed it, plain and simple. When he is on like this, he is so tough to beat. His back, chest, shoulders, and arms are just freaky round and thick. Only fault – needs more quad sweep. That’s about it!

Jaroslav Horvath

Again, the only thing I can pick apart with this guy is that he could use more quad sweep. He has an impressive physique and could very well be in fifth place tonight.

#8 Tricky Jackson

Tricky has some of the best legs in the show, and his upper body structure and shape is great too – he just needs a little more overall size there. His condition was also just a tiny bit off. At a smaller show it would have hardly been an issue, but at this level you gotta bring it and then some.

#9 Stan McQuay

Coming off his first pro win in Detroit a week ago, I have to say this was a much bigger and better Stan than we saw a year ago on this stage. He’s very close to being in contention for a top spot, with truly outstanding shape and symmetry.

#10 Luc Molines

Luc seriously needs more legs and more arms, and more mass overall in general to fuck with these guys. His condition was good and if being freakishly vascular was a mitigating factor, Luc would be right up there.

#11 Steve Namat

Nice shape and proportion, but in relation to the other men here he is tiny. Steve needs to take a serious off-season and beef up before he gets back up on stage with the likes of Henry, English, Correa, and Jose.

#12 Bola Ojex

I have honestly never heard of this man until today, but he’s pretty good. He’s thick and proportionate, and shows a lot of potential to move up the ranks.

#13 Jose Raymond

Yes I am biased toward my friend, but Jose did bring the pain here to Las Vegas today. He was thick, full, and in phenomenal condition. Being objective, I have to say he’s going to be either third or fourth, with Correa either above or below him. When Jose fills out his chest and mid-back, look out.

#14 Roc Shabazz

Atlanta’s Roc Shabazz has one of the best backs in the show, but some of the worst legs. If his legs matched that upper body, he’d be dangerous.

#15 Mike Valentino

Mike has nice shape and structure. His legs are pretty weak from the front, better from the side. His back shots are wide, as his lats insert low.

Callouts

Jason Arntz, Eduardo Correa, David Henry, Kevin English, Jose Raymond

Stan McQuay, Jaroslav Horvath, Darryl Gee, Mike Valentino, Tricky Jackson

Ahmad Ahmad, Daryl Gee, Roc Shabazz, Mike Valentino

Jaroslav Horvath, Jason Arntz, Stan McQuay, Tricky Jackson

Ahmad, Bola Ojex, Steve Namat, Luc Molines, Roc Shabazz

Kevin English, David Henry, Eduardo Correa, Jose Raymond

Jose and Eduardo

Kevin and David

Comment

Stan won last year did he not? So the Detroit Pro would be his second career win.
      "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin27 View Post
        Stan won last year did he not? So the Detroit Pro would be his second career win.
        You are correct. Stan McQuay won the 2009 Jacksonville Pro where he edged out Daryl Gee. Last week in Detroit it was a repeat with Daryl Gee once again runner up to McQuay

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Peterson View Post
            You are correct. Stan McQuay won the 2009 Jacksonville Pro where he edged out Daryl Gee. Last week in Detroit it was a repeat with Daryl Gee once again runner up to McQuay
            My bad!
            Muscular Development Online Editor
            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Jose side tricep pose is great.

Comment

Any reason why Flex Lewis didn't compete this year?
                A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

Working...
                X