Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay wins. Again. Fabulous.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay wins. Again. Fabulous.

    I'd just like to say a big fat 'meh' to all involved.

    Since Dex won a couple years ago we've had to constantly endure Bob, Dan, Pepe, Flex magazine and others telling us that this is a new and exciting time for bodybuilding, where no longer the defending champ is an automatic shoe-in for the title, even when someone else is better on the day.

    What absolute crap.

    Could somebody, anybody post a comparison pic from this years olympia on either night where Jay beats Heath?

    Another years worth of new dvd releases for the now 4 time Mr Olympia. Cant wait.

  • #2





    ....

    Comment


    • #3
      when are the results?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jakerossi View Post
        I'd just like to say a big fat 'meh' to all involved.

        Since Dex won a couple years ago we've had to constantly endure Bob, Dan, Pepe, Flex magazine and others telling us that this is a new and exciting time for bodybuilding, where no longer the defending champ is an automatic shoe-in for the title, even when someone else is better on the day.

        What absolute crap.

        Could somebody, anybody post a comparison pic from this years olympia on either night where Jay beats Heath?

        Another years worth of new dvd releases for the now 4 time Mr Olympia. Cant wait.
        Front and back lat spread

        Comment


        • #5
          Nothing against Jay, but BULLSHIT!!! Judges have gotten so bad lately. Jay looks great from the front, but the back is a dif story. Heath was impressive front to back, and head to toe.

          Comment


          • #6
            I definitely had phil in first after watching the finals last night. He isnt as wide, correct... but the detail that he brought to every pose was unmatched this weekend! Oh well... he'll be rediculous next year

            Comment


            • #7
              i knew it. rooted and voted for the man.
              "you won't win whining all the time" - A.B. Flores

              Comment


              • #8
                phil's lines are far more pleasing than jays. jay is wide and blocky. phil is better in every department except for waist width. Luckily for the fridge, he was born with a waist that dwarf his shoulders. In turn, this is helping him to win titles since that is what judges want to reward. big ugly waists.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Only on the bizzaro world stages of the IFBB could that abomination of a physique be considered better than Phil and Dexter.
                  Another year, same old bullshit.
                  We can only hope that the fridge finally retires once and for all and we can get back to real bodybuilding.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BodybuilderRyan View Post
                    I definitely had phil in first after watching the finals last night. He isnt as wide, correct... but the detail that he brought to every pose was unmatched this weekend! Oh well... he'll be rediculous next year
                    he was ridiculous this year, what's it going to take for him to win? dude got robbed TWICE this year, at the Arnold & now Olympia. what the fuck.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It was a very close race. Jay had it though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Talos View Post
                        he was ridiculous this year, what's it going to take for him to win? dude got robbed TWICE this year, at the Arnold & now Olympia. what the fuck.
                        Can't agree more!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I hope Jay does retire...
                          He's a bodybuilders bodybuilder, and I give him much respect. 4 O's is nothing to sneeze at, but damn.... I in no way had him winning last night. He even kinda had that Ronnie Coleman "my physiques has had it" look to him. Phil and Branch looked INSANE. Jay was just big. I see why they gave it to him, and at the same time I dont.

                          Bodybuilding should be judged on the following critera in this order: Conditioning, symmetry/asthetics, THEN size/mass.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What the judges are doing is encouraging Phil to ruin those lines.

                            I would have given Phil the win. Thing is, Jay is just so damned wide and crazy looking next to the other guys. When they stand alone, Phil is the obvious (to me) winner. Now he'll spend a year packing on more size, which, arguably, isn't what he needs. Look at Dexter. He's playing the game and it's not helping him or, arguably again, his physique.

                            Friggin' Ronnie did it and he had no reason to do it. If Ronnie had just kept showing up looking like he did at the 2001 Arnold Classic he would have continued winning Olympia titles. Instead, for whaetever reasons, he thought he had to pack on the mass year after year and it killed his physique to the point that Jay Cutler was able to beat him.

                            Well, glad I save my $ and didn't go to the Olympia. The Arnold should be a good show. Kai will need to qualify for the O again and defend his title.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ThePoser View Post
                              Front and back lat spread
                              Bingo!
                              I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X