Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how many more years of this great injustice bodybuilding fans around the world will have to endure. By the way, I said Jay is a great ambassador to our sport, just clearly not the best athlete. His supporters keep yelling about size, hardness, etc. Sorry dudes, Jay had decent definition but his hardness is mostly in his lower body, upper body not that hard and grainy. There are glaring symmetry issues too, left to right quad, better than in previous years to but still too obvious. People kept harping on Vic's left leg, but his quad symmetry was better than Jay's even last year, just a mere year after the injury. In their opinion, pleasing lines and symmetry have no place in our sport... so then Marcus Ruhl, another mass freak should have won pro shows aplenty. When he lost to more symmetrical guys we were told that he was simply too blocky and needed better proportions. These guidelines do not apply to Jay, obviously. This sort of thinking has to stop in order to allow the sport to become more credible, the judges have to stop judging names and start judging physiques.
    Last edited by alexceau; October 5th, 2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alexceau View Post
      I wonder how many more years of this great injustice bodybuilding fans around the world will have to endure. By the way, I said Jay is a great ambassador to our sport, just clearly not the best athlete. His supporters keep yelling about size, hardness, etc. Sorry dudes, Jay had decent definition but his hardness is mostly in his lower body, upper body not that hard and grainy. There are glaring symmetry issues too, left to right quad, better than in previous years to but still too obvious. People kept harping on Vic's left leg, but his quad symmetry was better than Jay's even last year, just a mere year after the injury. In their opinion, pleasing lines and symmetry have no place in our sport... so then Marcus Ruhl, another mass freak should have won pro shows aplenty. When he lost to more symmetrical guys we were told that he was simply too blocky and needed better proportions. These guidelines do not apply to Jay, obviously. This sort of thinking has to stop in order to allow the sport to become more credible, the judges have to stop judging names and start judging physiques.
      The solution......become a judge !

Comment

Working...
      X