Will there ever be 9 in a row?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be 9 in a row?

After seeing how amazing and different competitors have been coming in, will we ever see anyone so dominant again? I personally think we won't ever see another person to win as many as 8 or 9 shows in a row. I think Haney and Coleman will both remain untouched in that category. We may not even ever see 6 in a row.
    Jay looked almost as good as last year. If he came in this shape last year, people would have holy shitted and been praising him. This year it wasn't enough.
    Same as Victor. Almost as good as 2007, when he arguably beat Jay, and this year it wasn't enough and he fell to 8th place.
    If anyone can do it who? (Don't say Phil Heath)

"Don't sat Phil Heath"....why not? Phil is symetrical with full muscle bellies and he came to the stage in incredible shape. Phil will be a force to recon with in the years to come. No we cannot say if Phil will ever see 8 or 9 in a row, but his chances are better than most and he will have the Sandow one day.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

i dont know we'll just have to wait and see. you know what they say though, records are made to be broken

Comment

I think if Dave Palumbo or King Kamali would come back they would def be in the race for getting 9 in a row.

Comment

what about paco bautista? oh wait the judging panel isnt completely made up of hispanic people. you know if they held it in europe every year with the same judges as the mr. europe pro show he could actually do it

Comment

If Phil Heath could even get his first one I think he has a good chance, the guy isnt even 30 yet! I also think Evan Centopani has a lot of potential but he hasnt even stepped foot on an Olympia stage yet
            All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

Comment

No. its a different era now. With the mass media and more attention paid to the contests than ever before, the chances of one man dominating for nearly a decade is over. Wouldn't it have been more exciting if Jay had broken up Ronnies reign? or Shawn, Flex and Kevin took turns with Dorian? It would build more excitement for the contest not having to know the champ has to be off his game by 10 miles to have a chance to lose.

Also, from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't it be easier to market 5 guys than one?
              “War is peace.
              Freedom is slavery.
              Ignorance is strength.”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by The Celt View Post
                No. its a different era now. With the mass media and more attention paid to the contests than ever before, the chances of one man dominating for nearly a decade is over. Wouldn't it have been more exciting if Jay had broken up Ronnies reign? or Shawn, Flex and Kevin took turns with Dorian? It would build more excitement for the contest not having to know the champ has to be off his game by 10 miles to have a chance to lose.

Also, from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't it be easier to market 5 guys than one?
                ^this^ but sometimes you can avoid the fact that the same guy is better every year. altough i know that can be debated over and over. it would have been cool to have a change of hands this year with phil but at least we have some sort of hope that we wont have to see another ronnie era with the same guy winning for 8 years, even if he isnt the best every year. im not naive enough to say that it wont happen though

Comment

never say never, but I hope it stays competitive and "open" like it has been the past couple years. Think about how jacked up everyone on the board has been leading up to the show. It's exciting cuz there are so many guys who had a legit chance to do damage. If we all knew it was over before it even started there wouldn't have been as much anticipation.
                  Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

Comment

No.

You would have to start winning young. Didn't Lee Haney win his first at 24?

We don't have a lot of young phenoms coming on and most new pros sit out a few years before their first contest.
                    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Comment

Back in the day there were huge differences between the first guy and the rest.
                      Nowadays all the guys are awesome and at this olympia anyone of the top 4 could have won without too much complaint.
                      To answer the question,don't think it will happen and we might have new winner every 2-3 years and I think that's good for bodybuilding.
                      Cup of tea for the big fella.....

Comment

noooooooooo
                        After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.

Comment

Phil Heath can do it,

I think if jay can always come like he did in 2009 and can win it for ever!

Comment

no. and if anyone ever deserved 9 titles in a row then it was without a doubt ronnie coleman mfckrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
                              The only guy that has a shot right now is heath because of his age, but he would need to start next year. Even he is a long shot to break the record. I think that it's just too much size now to retain the title that long. Even someone as big as Cutler will have trouble keeping up and getting ready so many years.
                              I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X