Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Spokesman at the Olympia athletes press conf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Spokesman at the Olympia athletes press conf?

I think Jay was one the few who came across as marketable guy for the public.
    Bob Chick did a decent job of trying to lead some of them with questions to no avail
    Kai was WORSE at the press briefing then he was on stage
    Kai seems to have some intellect but comes across as a major space cadet.
    Most of the Olympia pros came across as rather self absorbed and not willing to have fun and let go at the press forum.
    Look at Arnold chatting with Lou over breakfast in Pumping Iron...priceless.
    Your thoughts?
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Bodybuilders self absorbed?

Surely you jest Howard!
    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Comment

Howard, I think a lot of what you saw from Kai has come from his experience of being open with the media, and especially Bob C. Bob C, after all, is the sort of parochial, self-aggrandizing fool that bodybuilding seems to endorse: loud, ignorant, and annoying. Moreover, he'll take any opportunity to mock someone with character or personality, and, dare I say, eccentricity. Enter Kai, who has to be the poster boy for maverick bodybuilders. Instead of respecting his methods and his personality, Bob C will take any opportunity to impugn Kai. And it isn't the sort of teasing he normally dishes out (juvenile and cretinous as it is). Bob C hates Kai, and it's clear.

Kai chose not to participate, rather than be open as he usually is. It was a mistake, as was his final day prep for the O. Kai should just be Kai, and speak intellectually about a pursuit that most want to construe as merely 'sets and reps'.

Kai will get his back, and have the final laugh at Bob's expense (not hard to do, the man doesn't even know that the 'j' in 'Jaroslav' is silent).

Comment

Bob is a fool! Surely there must be someone better to do his job?
        Jay if he retires?
        Cup of tea for the big fella.....

Comment

I disagree and find Bob to funny and upbeat with a deep knowledge of the history of BB.
          Kai could be a really cool interview, if he kept things low key and less personal.
          The idea of a press briefing like this, is to have fun and hype the show for the fans.
          Most of these guys are way too serious acting for my taste.
          I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
            Bob C, after all, is the sort of parochial, self-aggrandizing fool that bodybuilding seems to endorse: loud, ignorant, and annoying. Moreover, he'll take any opportunity to mock someone with character or personality, and, dare I say, eccentricity.
            BB is really meant to be WWE without the wrestling and mainstream recognition.

The more smack talk, the more publicity a competitor will get, along with a quality physique.

-

Comment

bob is ass sometimes i think. i know he is trying to stir the bodybuilders to some trash talking but he pokes at all the pros when they are the ones competing and he is getting fatter by the olympias.yes he old but there are pros that are old still competing not hanging it up. yes im not mr usa or pro or even close to being a somebody in the bodybuilding world that does what he does but he makes himself look like an ass the way he treats or talks to people. being cocky doesnt always work

Comment

I thought there was alot of mutual respect during the press meeting.
                no shit talking or promising to beat so and so. instead almost all the answers were personal in nature. meaning they said they want to do THEIR best.
                i think all the guys up there know they all suffered diet and spent alot of time getting to that stage so no shit talking is needed. lot of respect up there. they all worked hard what else is there to say...
                -JS

Comment

If Jay retires, he should definitely take over Bob C.'s job.

I hate Bob. If I saw him in person, I would give him the meanest stare.
                  My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    I think Jay was one the few who came across as marketable guy for the public.
                    Bob Chick did a decent job of trying to lead some of them with questions to no avail
                    Kai was WORSE at the press briefing then he was on stage
                    Kai seems to have some intellect but comes across as a major space cadet.
                    Most of the Olympia pros came across as rather self absorbed and not willing to have fun and let go at the press forum.
                    Look at Arnold chatting with Lou over breakfast in Pumping Iron...priceless.
                    Your thoughts?
                    C'mon now Howard you have dieted for a show before and know it feels like. Shit I'm more than 8 weeks out right now and find it tough to concentrate at times and everyone is different. Everyone of the men and women on the Olympia stage have been through hell to get there and some handle it better than others. Maybe that's why Jay is the best but give them a break if they didn't jump out of their seat with a big smile to answer a ridiculous question that Bob C just asked them.
                    Prepare to get Rocked:

Comment

If Jay is the best spokesperson bodybuilding has to offer it's in big trouble. He has the charisma of a refridgerator.

Comment

Working...
                      X