JOSE RAYMOND trains LEGS 3 wks out from Tampa 202

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    The airmax 360's are not too bad to squat in because there is air throughout the entire sole, if it was just in the heel, I would sink in a bit. If I was going really heavy I would wear some flat soles like Puma or wrestling shoes.
    What about barefooted squatting? Obviously not for the intent of looking hardcore...I always get a better feel in my legs with no shoes. Do you ever do them this way or notice a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Vascular Freak View Post
      What about barefooted squatting? Obviously not for the intent of looking hardcore...I always get a better feel in my legs with no shoes. Do you ever do them this way or notice a difference?
      Not a chance in hell, the last thing I need is too stub my toe or drop a weight on my bare ass foot, flat pumas or wrestling shoes should suffice, at least then there is a little protection.

Comment

Hey Mayor, nice to see you are not just a bodybuilding fan but from the looks of your avatar, you are a Jonas Brothers fan?

Hahaha Who isn't, Jose?
        My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

Jose,

what do you do to work on your sweep?

Comment

Not a chance in hell, the last thing I need is too stub my toe or drop a weight on my bare ass foot, flat pumas or wrestling shoes should suffice, at least then there is a little protection.
            Little being the keyword... Unless you have steeltoe boots on, drop a little light claw hammer on your toe and tell me how it feels
            PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

^ Just to clarify, I have grown up and still work in construction. Unless you have steeltoe boots on and drop whatever right on the stel toe, the lightest of shit will hurt!

So in other words don't drop anything on your foot!
              PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by Vascular Freak View Post
                Ron take pride in someone elses jealousy...it just means you have something they want! Keep doing your thing!
                +2
                And Ron's passion for our sport is second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by swoleshred View Post
                  Jose,

what do you do to work on your sweep?
                  Honestly, like most people with a standout bodypart, my thigh sweep is just genetic. Im not saying I dont work hard or train like a beast to improve everything, but basically the same exercises as the next pro who has no thigh sweep. Now if I only had that same genetic response in my chest, Id be all set!

Comment

Originally posted by PanterA View Post
                    ^ Just to clarify, I have grown up and still work in construction. Unless you have steeltoe boots on and drop whatever right on the stel toe, the lightest of shit will hurt!

So in other words don't drop anything on your foot!
                    I totally understand what your saying and it makes sense but I actually did drop a 45lb plate on my foot while unloading a leg press once and by the grace of god my toes happened to be in the air and when it hit my foot, it just kind of absorbed the blow without so much as a bruise and Im sure that would not be the case if I had nothing on my foot. Gym owners make you wear footwear for a reason.

Comment

I do believe that having a great outer sweep to your quads is a genetic thing.

Dave Henry and Darrem Charles both have poor sweep, and I'm sure they have tried very hard to get one. I am also lucky like Jose - just had that shape from day one. It gives your legs an illusion of being much bigger. Cutler has said many times that people would be shocked if they knew what his quads actually measured. I'm sure they are not small of course, but they are probably not the 33-inch monster wheels most people assume them to be.
                      Muscular Development Online Editor
                      FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Honestly, like most people with a standout bodypart, my thigh sweep is just genetic. Im not saying I dont work hard or train like a beast to improve everything, but basically the same exercises as the next pro who has no thigh sweep. Now if I only had that same genetic response in my chest, Id be all set!
                        Theres a local around here that help you bring that area up...it might not look to pretty tho lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
                          Did I steal your girlfriend years ago or something? Seriously, you have something deeply personal against me. Care to share with the class?

As for a 'wannabe,' I have been competing since 1989 and have been working full-time in the bb industry almost 20 years now. I'm not a 'wannabe pro,' but I am part of this sport in my own weird way whether you like me or not.

He doesn't like you cause you're black.

And yeah, as far as thigh sweep goes, I think that's way more genetic than it is what you do in the gym. Doing narrow stance leg presses and hacks can help carve in some shape and definition, but I don't think it's going to blow your legs up to huge proportions, that just comes from adding overral mass.

Jose, great shots and good luck in Tampa. I always enjoy your vids, and just like with Ron, I'm impressed that you can squat in Air Max's. I guess to you 315 feels like my 225 so that probably helps, lol. As soon as I put that third plate on for any squat movement I need flat shoes, a belt, the lights lowered, complete and utter silence from everyone in the gym, proper alignment of the planets and stars, etc....

Comment

JayJurk and I will be on hand to witness Jose crush the opposition in Hartford. Sadly I will miss his first pro win in Tampa!
                            Muscular Development Online Editor
                            FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

^^^Is that show in Hartford July 19th? Think I'm supposed to go with a couple of clients.

Comment

let's go Jose!
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X