2010 Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships Previews and *Play by Play*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships Previews and *Play by Play*

Hello and welcome to MD's play-by-play coverage of the 2010 Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships!

To get to the beginning of the Womens BB prejudging play-by-play, scroll down to post #16

For the Bikini play by play, CLICK HERE and scroll down to post #69

For the Mens 202 play-by-play, CLICK HERE and scroll down to post #77

For the Mens Open play-by-play CLICK HERE and scroll down to post #107

To checkout some early papparazzi pics and comments from MD Webmaster and Troublemaker Mike read on :

Hey there!

We're here in sunny Tampa, FL. It's a little muggier than what Shawn Ray and I are used to but I think we will manage.

Robbie was supposed to be here but he blew his back out videotaping an In the Trenches with a Bikini girl. How he did that I can only imagine but I envy him as I sit here with only a few hours of sleep under my belt.

I left Chicago on the 620am flight to Tampa International. Talk about early. Even then I had to fight through the crowds to check in, go through security and then pray for an aisle seat on Southwest.

It's too early in the damned morning

Every cheer leading squad or church group was there at the airport going somewhere on a budget flight. (I think Chicago should be ranked back at number one for the most obese people or at least that's what it felt like squeezing through Security.

Tampa Airport

Anyway, I landed in Tampa on time. The weather was great and my bag arrived. So it was off to my next assignment: Go film an In the Trenches with Layne Norton. Never met the guy but this is what he looked like waiting for him at curbside:

Where Oh Where has My Layne Norton Gone

Well, he did eventually show up and we drove to the Powerhouse Gym in Tampa, FL. It was a bad ass hardcore gym and lo and behold I had been there 9 years earlier when I used to work for a company based out of Tampa I would come in here and get a good workout.

"What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Hey there!

Robbie was supposed to be here but he blew his back out videotaping an In the Trenches with a Bikini girl. How he did that I can only imagine but I envy him as I sit here with only a few hours of sleep under my belt.

Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Comment

Mike, I hope you'll visit the Powerhouse Gym in Downtown Tampa as well...you'll like it for sure...

www.pgtampabay.com

See you at the Athletes Meeting a few hours later!

www.stevenamat.com

Comment

the liberatore interview stops half way through..........why does md's videos always do this?
        2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Originally posted by lilarnold View Post
          the liberatore interview stops half way through..........why does md's videos always do this?
          I had to re-upload. Should be working now.

Comment

While in the Powerhouse gym, I also did an In the Trenches with Will Hamilton and Brian Yersky,

Will was weighing about 226 and is two weeks out from the USAs and will be competing in the Heavyweight class.

By the time I got to the hotel, at was 630pm. I checked in and ran into Darrem Charles, Ed Nunn and his wife and Mike Liberatore.
            Attached Files

Comment

Jennifer Sedia is there were her trainer Don Long. She spent the last week in Jacksonville going through Long's so-called hell week. That might make for an interesting bit of video.

Comment

Athletes Meeting/ Press Conference coming up in 1hour!

It is here that everyone will check in and we can get more Preview Info to the upcoming 3rd Annual PBW Tampa Pro, stay tuned......

Comment

what time is prejudging? Sorry I can't find it anywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by smoforest View Post
                    what time is prejudging? Sorry I can't find it anywhere...
                    The NPC pre-judging is this evening. IFBB in the morning.

Comment

202 Weigh-ins just started

Looks like Clarence Devin did not make weight. He was 209 last night.

Comment

Jose Raymond is up now. Looks super tired and also did not make weight
                        stripped down to his undies and he made it!

Comment

What's with all the guys from France?

Comment

AND THATS IS WHY THE 202 IS A SILLY IDEA.. these guys are outgrowing the class.. yet still cant compete fairly in the open class.. make the damn thing a short class and let them come in at their best weight regardless of what that is.. most will now have to "train to maintain" the rest of their careers to make a arbitrary number.. they cant afford to make anymore gains.. silly.. 5'6 and under and let it go at that..

Comment

Originally posted by LATS View Post
                              AND THATS IS WHY THE 202 IS A SILLY IDEA.. these guys are outgrowing the class.. yet still cant compete fairly in the open class.. make the damn thing a short class and let them come in at their best weight regardless of what that is.. most will now have to "train to maintain" the rest of their careers to make a arbitrary number.. they cant afford to make anymore gains.. silly.. 5'6 and under and let it go at that..
                              Totally agree let it go till 5'6 or something,

if your 5'8 and your doing a 202 right now you have no chance of winning anyway, everybody is around 5'5 or 5'6 in the 202

Comment

Working...
                              X