No announcement yet.

Branch Warren Week Day Three: Back Training at Metroflex Gym, Arlington, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad guy. I was worried about his dog for a second like he was going to eat him. The dog came and went pretty quickly though. That aside, great videos MD. Funny, you hear what Lee Haney says about training, can't understand how today's bodybuilders only work a muscle once every seven days. But they grow bigger than ever. I just wish we could see Branch injecting steroids and also talking about it. The only way to make this a respected sport is to have no secrets. If that means seeing what they do instead of stopping it altogether so be it. I tried for a while the one body part a week and it's not enough. Now, I'm natural. And you often see guys hitting hard muscles to grow like calves twice a week. So why not all the body parts twice a week? I think it's time to go back to old school. Art Atwood does it. Lee Haney did it. Ronnie Coleman does it.

Comment

I wonder what about Branch's past touched all the inmates?
      I don't knock on doors motherfucker I knock doors over. -Flex Wheeler

Comment

Originally posted by bad bad leroy brown View Post
        The man is a beast. 2011 Arnold Champ
        He is clearly the favorite but don't count out Evan. If I had to bet my $$ would be on Branch. He is one of my favorite pros and handles his business like a real man. NOBODY with any sense can say Branch is some loudmouth punk.

By hard work he has maxed out his genetics and ya gotta admire his work ethic and attitude. I wish I had his ability to train like that
        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

Originally posted by themakcompany View Post
          Not a bad guy. I was worried about his dog for a second like he was going to eat him. The dog came and went pretty quickly though. That aside, great videos MD. Funny, you hear what Lee Haney says about training, can't understand how today's bodybuilders only work a muscle once every seven days. But they grow bigger than ever. I just wish we could see Branch injecting steroids and also talking about it. The only way to make this a respected sport is to have no secrets. If that means seeing what they do instead of stopping it altogether so be it. I tried for a while the one body part a week and it's not enough. Now, I'm natural. And you often see guys hitting hard muscles to grow like calves twice a week. So why not all the body parts twice a week? I think it's time to go back to old school. Art Atwood does it. Lee Haney did it. Ronnie Coleman does it.
          More and more of the second bolded word....there is your answer.

And I agree with your views on training, I experienced the same.

Comment

nice vid.

Comment

This may hurt a bit, but needs to be said. This is also just my own opinion. That was a hardcore arm workout. Everytime I see Branch train his back I wish I could ask why he doesn't work on the contractions and detailing of his back. Branch has a wide back, but his detail is not top shelf. I wish his friends would help him and care enough to say something. I also think this is contributing to his lack of arm development. My reasoning is that back workout appeared to work the biceps mostly. Then during his arm training he works heavy with minimal contraction and full range of motion. If we are to be honest with ourselves, Branch has the worse back and arms in the O among the top athletes. How does someone place 1st, 2nd or 3rd etc with little detail in their back and average biceps and triceps? I always mention these things knowing most of us wont build a wordclass body and I have the utmost respect for pros. I wonder what Charles Glass or even some of the retired pros would suggest to Branch to help him build bigger arms and a more detailed back. I'm sure some brash kid will start bashing me like they are Branch's mother, but we all need constructive critisim. If hall of fame bodybuilders were to be honest I'm sure they would like to see more detail. Just go look at the backs of Shawn, Flex or Dorian. Could just be genetic in the end.
              Last edited by noserratus; January 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

New from the Frontlines!

Dexter Jackson training at Gold's Venice with Charles Glass. Dexter looks incredible!! Hands down will win the Arnold if he's in it.

Hide - Not a chance. Not sure what's happening with him. There's a difference when you see Dexter and Charles training versus Hide and his Guru. That guy with the baseball cap. Dexter is a pro! Hide, just looks tired these days.

Good luck to all though.

Comment

you look awesome Branch keep up the fire!
                  Olympian IFBB Pro Bikini|Team Bombshell | Better Bodies Athlete | FitCop

Comment

for as hardcore as branch is, it s very weird that he prefers to use the assisted t-bar row rather than bentover barbell rows. has any of you ever seen him do bentover rows?
                    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                    JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
                      I have the utmost respect for Branch, he is a Christian and a good person in life, and one of the best, most massive bodybuilders ever, he ain't lazy in the gym that's for sure
                      it would be a surprise to see someone lazy in the gym while on that amount of "protein rich food"
                      After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.

Comment

hardcoreeeee!

Comment

Working...
                        X