Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEAM MD at the ASC: Branch Warren Two Days Out Interview with Shawn Ray and Farah

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elf View Post
    Training smart is using good form.
    How many muscles has Branch torn, or how about even Dorian?
    How about Ronny Rockell? Oh, none?
    Terrible form = injury.

I am, in no way, criticizing anybody. I'm just stating the obvious.

It's not rocket science.

They tore shit, yeah, but you cans till train with shit form and be okay.. Like if your ass pops off the seat a bit while doin leg extensions versus being ground in the machine...How much of a perfect form you want? Well, you said perfect, so I'd had better damn be fucking strict. Going off that, anything less than perfect is shitty, depending on the person for the degree of which and when it is shitty. So, yes, you can train with "shit" form and be okay...To a much higher degree and a bit of a different way, did those pros bust their shit.

With where I'm coming from...People's meaning of words, and the degree of which the intensity is, is interpreted differently be each person. Speaking in general, and not specifics, One can train with bad/less than good/ or shit form (anything less than perfect is shit to some) and still come out unhurt.

Comment

Have you ever witnessed him doing barbell rows, deadlifts? See the muscle he tore near the end...? Oh, a biceps?

Are you really this simple?
      How is his form on BB rows not good? Go to 7:00 Less bobbing up and down than anybody I've ever seen.

Comment

Typical tv watching hillbillies.

I hope you all emulate Branch and have a nerve impingements and die.
        My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

Just as I thought. My previous post explains why this was an argument in the first place, a useless one too. The conceited can only see and recognize so much... The ego is blinding.

Comment

Typical tv watching hillbillies.

I hope you all emulate Branch and have a nerve impingements and die.
            LOL
            "Omg R u az big az jay cutler!?!?!"

Comment

Branch went parallel on his squats, even with 5 plates on each side. But those leg presses were hard to watch. He only went down 3-4 inches. I don't see much point in doing that what so ever. Why not just strip the weight by half and go deep to activate more fibers? I've seen branch do leg presses before and he seems to always perform them that way. Unless he is doing it just to target his quads only, i'm not sure.

And on his arm training video i almost had to close my eyes when he was doing balastic arms curls damn near jumping and swinging. Why not go slow, squeeze and control the negative? There is no way he could squeeze his arms because he was doing them way too fast. I just don't fucking get it.

Branch keeps saying how he is now training smarter and lowering the weight but judging from those leg presses and curls he still maxes it out.

Comment

I wonder what his physique would look like if he used a full range of motion. Of if it would make that big of a difference due to his genetics.
                ironmaglabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by ionicrod View Post
                  I wonder what his physique would look like if he used a full range of motion. Of if it would make that big of a difference due to his genetics.
                  Honestly, I'm guessing if Branch used a full range of motion, he would actually be smaller and not as dense-- but he'd probably have far fewer injuries than he's had. Yes, he's a badass. Yes, it has allowed him to become one of the best in the world. Clearly the man induces an insane amount of muscle fiber damage and trauma during each workout, which allows him to consistently grow. But it *also* puts far more stress in his joints and tendons. Even if you watch his recent chest training vids on MD, you will notice he wasn't going nearly as heavy as he used to (315 on incline, and having difficulty locking it out, as opposed to the 405 he used for years; lighter on flat dumbbell presses, too). My guess: his shoulders are pretty shot, and he has a limited amount of time left in the tank in terms of how long he can train heavy. He will likely be forced into early retirement due to his body falling apart. But again, this is speculation. Either way, training how he has trained, has allowed him to be one of the best in the world, so remember, it all comes at a price.

And to criticize Dorian's form on bent rows is kinda' assinine. Yates had arguably the best form *of all time* on barbell rows-- better than Arnold, Coleman, you name it. He NEVER swung the weight, just squeezed it up. Same on his deadlifts-- never bounced it off the floor, but controlled it down to mid-shin with moderate weight, and then squeezed the weight back up. The simple truth is that ANY form can lead to an injury, once you get strong enough. Yates tores his body apart *with* perfect form. Sad, but true. If you simply start defining "perfect form" as "that which avoids injuries", the concept becomes meaningless-- ANY form can lead to injury.

-lifepulse

Comment

Originally posted by JP83 View Post
                    Branch went parallel on his squats, even with 5 plates on each side. But those leg presses were hard to watch. He only went down 3-4 inches. I don't see much point in doing that what so ever. Why not just strip the weight by half and go deep to activate more fibers? I've seen branch do leg presses before and he seems to always perform them that way. Unless he is doing it just to target his quads only, i'm not sure.

And on his arm training video i almost had to close my eyes when he was doing balastic arms curls damn near jumping and swinging. Why not go slow, squeeze and control the negative? There is no way he could squeeze his arms because he was doing them way too fast. I just don't fucking get it.

Branch keeps saying how he is now training smarter and lowering the weight but judging from those leg presses and curls he still maxes it out.
                    Agree. He has some of the best legs in bodybuilding but I have a hard time watching all the half reps, and those were NOT parallel squats. I guess watching these videos is where everybody in my gym learns to lift!
                    https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

Well put it like this for Branch Warren they were parallel

Comment

People will always critisize. Elf has no idea what it takes to get to branch's size but he will still act like he does and comment. its like if someone reads books on how to fly a plane but never steps on an air plane then turns around and corrects a pilot on how to fly. Elf just is a very simple person and he has no idea on what it actually takes to become like branch and he just doesnt have the IQ to comprehend that you must sacrifice your body to become like that, like arnold said, if you dont compete with an injury you havnt worked out hard enough.

Comment

I sometimes wonder too if branch has ever tried full range of motion with strict form on back, because I always see him thrash around on back days and his back is still a weak point. He has an AWESOME physique and mind boggling thickness, but I do sometimes wonder what changing up his back routine would do for him.
                          Also, does he deadlift? O.O never heard of or seen him do any, but that's just me.
                          Originally posted by Nik133

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Comment

Originally posted by HangingLegRaise View Post
                            I sometimes wonder too if branch has ever tried full range of motion with strict form on back, because I always see him thrash around on back days and his back is still a weak point. He has an AWESOME physique and mind boggling thickness, but I do sometimes wonder what changing up his back routine would do for him.
                            Also, does he deadlift? O.O never heard of or seen him do any, but that's just me.
                            I saw one video of him deadlifting 315 for 20, he tends to do high reps for that at the end of the back workout. I have never seen him do barbell rows, wonder why.

Comment

No disrespect to Branch, but those weren't parallel squats, and that was a 3 inch movement on the leg press (with 8 plates per side or so)...at least when Ronnie was doing that (leg press form) he had like 2600lbs on it in his "Redemption DVD".

The best form on legs that I've seen has been actually Jay (from the top pro's), Jay goes deep on all Hacks, Presses, Squats, etc.

As far as Dorian's injuries, he admitted that the one big mistake he made was going "too intense/heavy" close up to the show when he should have backed off a bit.
                              "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

so bad i'm not login for watch video i don't remenber my pass word !!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X