Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TEAM MD at the ASC: Branch Warren Two Days Out Interview with Shawn Ray and Farah

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branch Warren's form is anything but textbook.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

Comment

Everyone is different. We all have different training styles. Pretty much, it looks like Branchs style works for him so why change it.

Comment

I can't wait till branch shuts up all the critics when he has that ASC trophy. Every single video of him it's the same BS about him having bad form -.-

Comment

Nobody's criticizing his physique here - he probably has the most density of any pro, but when he explains how he has learned to train smarter with full range of motion and says he goes deep on squats and then proceeds to do the exact opposite people are left scratching their heads.
          https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

Originally posted by Elf View Post
            How did I criticize? I stated fact. Next time you overreact, I am going to suck your cock so good.
            Ain't nothing like a good cock sucking to put someone back in line.

I'm down.
            www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
              Honestly, I'm guessing if Branch used a full range of motion, he would actually be smaller and not as dense-- but he'd probably have far fewer injuries than he's had. Yes, he's a badass. Yes, it has allowed him to become one of the best in the world. Clearly the man induces an insane amount of muscle fiber damage and trauma during each workout, which allows him to consistently grow. But it *also* puts far more stress in his joints and tendons. Even if you watch his recent chest training vids on MD, you will notice he wasn't going nearly as heavy as he used to (315 on incline, and having difficulty locking it out, as opposed to the 405 he used for years; lighter on flat dumbbell presses, too). My guess: his shoulders are pretty shot, and he has a limited amount of time left in the tank in terms of how long he can train heavy. He will likely be forced into early retirement due to his body falling apart. But again, this is speculation. Either way, training how he has trained, has allowed him to be one of the best in the world, so remember, it all comes at a price.

And to criticize Dorian's form on bent rows is kinda' assinine. Yates had arguably the best form *of all time* on barbell rows-- better than Arnold, Coleman, you name it. He NEVER swung the weight, just squeezed it up. Same on his deadlifts-- never bounced it off the floor, but controlled it down to mid-shin with moderate weight, and then squeezed the weight back up. The simple truth is that ANY form can lead to an injury, once you get strong enough. Yates tores his body apart *with* perfect form. Sad, but true. If you simply start defining "perfect form" as "that which avoids injuries", the concept becomes meaningless-- ANY form can lead to injury.

-lifepulse

^^^^this! I agree.Also i have to say that Dorian said that his tears happened precontest when he was still pushing to the limits,a thing he says was wrong because of the low calories e.t.c.But anyway,injuries can happen to anyone.Best thing to do??? LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!~
              "“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”"

Comment

branch's form isn't the issue,. he just doesn't use a full range of motion. he's keeping constant tension on the working muscle, which has worked well for him. to each his own.

Comment

His hamstrings are insane!!!
                  Didn't know there were muscles like that back there!! LoL!!
                  Can't wait for the Arnold!
                  Cup of tea for the big fella.....

Comment

his knees are obviously in shit shape as of now. his ROM and form isn't what it used to be and you can see he's in pain doing leg presses. very hesitant to do full ROM on leg extensions even. it's possible that whatever he's on at 2 weeks out are drying the shit out of his joints.
                    "I like them more around the age of 10 or so that way I can think of your physique because I'm so hopelessly in love with your body" - killinweights

Comment

I've never seen ANYONE use better form on 405+ barbell rows than Dorian, or any other heavy exercise for that matter. I have to agree with Tim though about talking about better form and ROM blah blah, then go on to train like that. Different strokes for different folks I guess...I still think he will win the arnold this year

Comment

Who gives a shit what his form looks like as long as it works for him (which it obviously does)
                        SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                        2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Originally posted by mfarleypt View Post
                          I've never seen ANYONE use better form on 405+ barbell rows than Dorian, or any other heavy exercise for that matter. I have to agree with Tim though about talking about better form and ROM blah blah, then go on to train like that. Different strokes for different folks I guess...I still think he will win the arnold this year
                          And Dorian's strict form combined with the crazy weight he used caused him to retire
                          SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
                          2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Branch HAS the BEST set of wheels in the buisness, and he trains them like a freak, ive never seen any one go ape shit like that w legs, Branch is the king when it comes down to legs, i saw a utube clip 2years ago where he did 405 squats for 25 reps super set w 1000 lb leg presses for 25 reps and finished w lunges 135 for 25 and just collapsed! INSANE!! only Branch has that crazy intensity

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikecox View Post
                              And Dorian's strict form combined with the crazy weight he used caused him to retire
                              That's why he now advocates more cruise periods of training(4-6 weeks past failure, then 1-3 weeks only to failure), as well as backing off a lot more closer to the show when the depletion is present. I know what your saying, but I follow pretty much any advice Dorian puts out there regarding training and he changed his thoughts on that beyond failure training no matter what. Learned from his "mistakes" I guess you cold say.

Comment

why is he even training legs?LOL

seriously though, i thought he said didnt need to train legs as hard anymore so that he could improve on his overall simmetry
                                I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                                JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Working...
                                X