Lenda Murray and Shawn with 2011 Ms International Winner Iris Kyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenda Murray and Shawn with 2011 Ms International Winner Iris Kyle

Female BB has become far to extreme, it does not appeal almost anyone (and it is a fact not just an opinion!!!), I cannot understand why a beautiful woman should fight against her nature to become over muscular, it would be nice to hear other opinions on that matter.
    In any case Iris is unbelievable, I would be delighted if I could one day achieve her grade of mass, muscle density and definition (but I`m a man).
    Lenda and Shawn by the way are fantastic, Lenda becomes more beautiful with each passing day and Shawn seem still in his twenties!

Comment

God damn! Lenda Murray is so damn sexy!

Comment

Some people are driven internally and externally by other priorities than appearing as the stereotypical figure societal norms apply to their gender.
        Arnold's speech at the opening of the Saturday night event addresses the fallacies associated with bodybuilding in his youth and how through perseverance many of these stereotypes against bodybuilding have been overcome. He described bodybuilding as "the greatest sport." I happen to agree with him. It is the activity that all the other sports recognize in terms of strength training as at the core of their various ends. So in other words what you suggest as extreme for women could be a complaint leveled against every female athlete in any sport as if she only would not work out she might be more beautiful. Why fight against our nature to not be muscular right? Wrong!

Originally posted by andrea.b View Post
        Female BB has become far to extreme, it does not appeal almost anyone (and it is a fact not just an opinion!!!), I cannot understand why a beautiful woman should fight against her nature to become over muscular, it would be nice to hear other opinions on that matter.
        In any case Iris is unbelievable, I would be delighted if I could one day achieve her grade of mass, muscle density and definition (but I`m a man).
        Lenda and Shawn by the way are fantastic, Lenda becomes more beautiful with each passing day and Shawn seem still in his twenties!
        <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

MPJ, some folks just dont like the overly muscular look and ya cant do much about it. You can rant and rave all day long but the fact of the matter is Kyle doesn't let it bother her or at least she doesn't show it does and as long as no ones paying her bills but Iris herself she could give a rats ass if someone doesn't approve of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lil mama View Post
            MPJ, some folks just dont like the overly muscular look and ya cant do much about it. You can rant and rave all day long but the fact of the matter is Kyle doesn't let it bother her or at least she doesn't show it does and as long as no ones paying her bills but Iris herself she could give a rats ass if someone doesn't approve of it.
            Characterize my response to andrea.b as "rant and rave" if you will, but I can post my opinions explaining why some women like to be bodybuilders can't I? Or is that off limits?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

Hmmm maybe I should have said ya can try to protect us and defend us all ya want against those that disapprove but ya will never change the fact that if they dont like the look the just dont..... I wouldnt worry about it, like I said they dont pay Iris's bills and I doubt she loses sleep over it...thats all.

Originally posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
              Characterize my response to andrea.b as "rant and rave" if you will, but I can post my opinions explaining why some women like to be bodybuilders can't I? Or is that off limits?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

lol at off limits, like that has ever stopped ya before. Ya need to go get some shut eye.

Comment

Originally posted by lil mama View Post
                  lol at off limits, like that has ever stopped ya before. Ya need to go get some shut eye.
                  Grrrr,...luv ya.

Comment

Originally posted by MusclepapaJohn View Post
                    Some people are driven internally and externally by other priorities than appearing as the stereotypical figure societal norms apply to their gender.
                    Arnold's speech at the opening of the Saturday night event addresses the fallacies associated with bodybuilding in his youth and how through perseverance many of these stereotypes against bodybuilding have been overcome. He described bodybuilding as "the greatest sport." I happen to agree with him. It is the activity that all the other sports recognize in terms of strength training as at the core of their various ends. So in other words what you suggest as extreme for women could be a complaint leveled against every female athlete in any sport as if she only would not work out she might be more beautiful. Why fight against our nature to not be muscular right? Wrong!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
                    First of all I would like to thank you for your polite and comprehensive answer to my provocative post, you have been very clear and convincing, but let me explain better my point of view. As you certainly know, in order to achieve such an unbelievably muscular physique you must have an amazing genetic but also you are forced to take advantage of some substances that can be very dangerous for the health of a male and even devastating for a woman. When I`m saying that female bodybuilder are running against their nature I mean that they are forcing their body to achieve goals for which they are not genetically programmed this is not just a matter to overcome stereotypes. I don`t mean that all the women should look soft and slender but if the BB judges will persist to award such extreme physiques what is going to be the limit? This is valid also for male BB but even more for female BB, it is just a matter of how far you are willing to push yourself and how are you willing to put your health and your very womanhood in jeopardy (and you are sure aware of what I am referring to).
                    My opinion is that in the last years that limit has been exceeded and that we have to reconsider female BB for for the sake of his own existence.
                    This is just my point of view and for sure Iris and all the other athletes just don`t give a rat ass about it.
                    Finally I would like to apologize for my 'all other than perfect' English but as you certainly have understood I`m not English mother language.
                    Nonetheless I completely agree with you on a fact: Bodybuilding is "The greatest sport"
                    Regards

Comment

First of all I would like to thank you for your polite and comprehensive answer to my provocative post, you have been very clear and convincing, but let me explain better my point of view. As you certainly know, in order to achieve such an unbelievably muscular physique you must have an amazing genetic but also you are forced to take advantage of some substances that can be very dangerous for the health of a male and even devastating for a woman. When I`m saying that female bodybuilder are running against their nature I mean that they are forcing their body to achieve goals for which they are not genetically programmed this is not just a matter to overcome stereotypes. I don`t mean that all the women should look soft and slender but if the BB judges will persist to award such extreme physiques what is going to be the limit? This is valid also for male BB but even more for female BB, it is just a matter of how far you are willing to push yourself and how are you willing to put your health and your very womanhood in jeopardy (and you are sure aware of what I am referring to).
                      My opinion is that in the last years that limit has been exceeded and that we have to reconsider female BB for for the sake of his own existence.
                      This is just my point of view and for sure Iris and all the other athletes just don`t give a rat ass about it.
                      Finally I would like to apologize for my 'all other than perfect' English but as you certainly have understood I`m not English mother language.
                      Nonetheless I completely agree with you on a fact: Bodybuilding is "The greatest sport"
                      Regards
                      I cannot say your points are invalid or without merit however, I have no greater regard for the interests of female bodybuilders who choose individually how to prepare for contests than their male counterparts. It could be said that the men are at even greater risk as there is more money available in the industry to them and thus they are more likely driven to extreme measures that might jeopardize their health.

Every extreme sport comes with risks. Base jumping isn't exactly healthy, but do we encourage them not to do it on their forums? Women often confuse my defense of the female bodybuilding division as being paternalistic, but I don't see them on some pedestal deserving of adoration or protection. In fact, I'm fully appreciative of a women's inherit right and increasingly proven "ability" to achieve strength, mass and conditioning considered impossible in generations past. She has to put the work in just like her male counterpart. If she doesn't she doesn't achieve that strength, mass or conditioning. I don't care if men or women do it or not, but honor the choices, sacrifices and commitments of those who do.

Is female bodybuilding in any form for everybody or an acceptable norm for even women at-large? No. Can and will businesses associate or disassociate themselves with any and all forms of bodybuilding whether male or female? Yes. My claim will continue to be that bodybuilding is a worthwhile activity for men and women regardless of the extent of effort and energy they put into it.

My opinion is in the minority and considered wrong by most. So be it.
                      <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
                      Last edited by MusclepapaJohn; March 6th, 2011, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Women have over came the male dominant perspective on how a woman should be.

I think women can do whatever they want without caring what a man thinks.

Comment

I respect the women that compete. The sport will never appeal to the average mainstream audience.

Comment

NO RESPECT

I feel bad cuz Iris Kyle by stats alone is the greatest ever now....add up the wins....wow...but she never got the respect or popularity...so its really like, does it matter anymore ?......People are not feeling womens bodybuilding like they did with Rachel Mclish, Lenda Murray and Cory Everson........at all..... period !

Comment

Plug Jay or Ronnies name in for Kyle and compare them to Arnold's popularity. If it is fair to consider the popularity of female bodybuilders now to those decades ago when they got mag covers and lots of publicity then compare the relative lack of popularity of male bodybuilders now to Arnold. Consider also that men get most all the covers now and still can't touch Arnold's popularity. Is that bodybuilding's fault or the media's fault? Do you have a positive view of the media in general? Do they cover the issues that matter and convey the important information that you want to know about? I doubt it.
                              Originally posted by Bantamweightchamp2011 View Post
                              I feel bad cuz Iris Kyle by stats alone is the greatest ever now....add up the wins....wow...but she never got the respect or popularity...so its really like, does it matter anymore ?......People are not feeling womens bodybuilding like they did with Rachel Mclish, Lenda Murray and Cory Everson........at all..... period !
                              <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

Working...
                              X