Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branch Warren Wins 2011 Arnold Classic RESULTS, SCORECARD & FINAL REPORT by Ron Harris

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branch Warren Wins 2011 Arnold Classic RESULTS, SCORECARD & FINAL REPORT by Ron Harris

<style>@font-face { font-family: "Times New Roman"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }table.MsoNormalTable { font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }</style> 2011 Arnold Classic Finals
    Branch scores the big win at last!
    Report by Ron Harris

Despite very strong competition from both Dennis Wolf at his best ever and Victor Martinez in top condition, Branch Warren did indeed leave the Veteran’s Memorial Auditorium tonight not only with his fifth Most Muscular award, but also first place and all that goes with it: a $130,000 check, a $20,000 Audemars Piquet watch, a Tony Nowak leather jacket, and a Joska crystal trophy. He also now joins the list of legends that have won the Arnold Classic that includes Rich Gaspari, Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Flex Wheeler, Ronnie Coleman, and Jay Cutler.

After hearing his name announced by emcee Lonnie Teper as the winner, Branch dropped to the floor much the way Ronnie Coleman was known to do back in the day. Arnold came out to give the congratulatory interview, and commended Branch for refusing to give up even though he came up short at this event several times over the last four years. Branch took the time to thank his Lord and savior Jesus Christ, his wife Trish, his good friend Brian Dobson who believed in his potential twenty years ago when no one else did, and his sponsors: Steve Blechman and MD, Muscletech, and GASP clothing, and his nutrition coach George Farah.

All in all, it was an excellent night for Team MD, as we had the entire top four. I also want to personally give Branch props for bringing up his back to the point where what was once a major liability has now become a strong point. And furthermore, I want to go on record as saying that until tonight I honestly never saw Branch as a future Mr. Olympia. Now, I’d say that this September, Jay, Phil, and Kai had all better bring their A-game, because Branch Warren is breathing down their necks and will be a serious threat. Tonight wasn’t just a victory for Branch or MD though – it was a win for the underdog. For anyone who’s ever been told they’ll never be good enough, that they don’t have what it takes to be the best, Branch showed that hard work, determination, and belief in yourself can beat any odds. Congratulations Branch my brother, I am truly happy for you.

Final results and prize money:

1. Branch Warren $130,000
    2. Dennis Wolf $75,000
    3. Victor Martinez $50,000
    4. Evan Centopani $30,000
    5. Dexter Jackson $15,000
    6. Ronny Rockel $10,000

Best posing presentation:
    Dennis Wolf $10,000

Most Muscular Award: Branch Warren

Lifetime achievement award: Lou Ferrigno

congrats branch!!
    "you won't win whining all the time" - A.B. Flores

Comment

branch has the worst symmetry among the pros. maybe he should not train legs for like a year to balance out? -shocked he won

Comment

Originally posted by upncomin View Post
        branch has the worst symmetry among the pros. maybe he should not train legs for like a year to balance out? -shocked he won
        yes because his method of training right now obviously isnt working

Comment

Big congrats to Branch, he never gave up and worked so hard for this. Perseverence and dedication personified.

Comment

haters can f*&$ off!!! Branch deserved the win and he got it, best man on the stage period!

Comment

no shit,the guy has put in the fuckin work man.Totally deserves it.People can whine about less than perfect genetics all the want but dorain was the same way and his hard work paid off too

Comment

i agree!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by upncomin View Post
                  LMAO, yeah people usually win the AC with shitty symmetry. Get a reality check.

Congrats to Branch, he finally got it good for him!
                  2013 British Columbia Heavyweight and Overall Champion.

Comment

congrats to branch, he is the man, but i thought both victor and dennis looked better, but, obviously doesn't matter what i think!

Comment

Congrats to a great Arnold Classic Champion Branch Warren!

Comment

Congratulations to Branch Warren the working mans champion.

Comment

Essa is 13th place? BS.

Comment

austrian oak

hat off for branch,and off course,to shawn ray and flex and all the others,to watch your videos from tournaments,its like candy,you could really see on pre judging that wolf and branch was ahead the other two,shawn,branch,brian dobson,look like eternal warrior.i know their confession,to other warriors not known by me,congrats,from sweden.

Comment

Branch?

Yes there is no doubt Branch has worked hard for what he has acheived, the guy has no shortage of muscle! But seriously he has the ugliest physique of all the top pro's. It just doesnt flow and is down right aweful to look at.

Comment

Working...
                              X