Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branch Warren Wins 2011 Arnold Classic RESULTS, SCORECARD & FINAL REPORT by Ron Harris

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy for Branch. And for Evan, 4th in fiorst Arnold. Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentclark View Post
      Because he yells and grunts in the gym , thats HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentclark View Post
        Or maybe its the fact that he has no flow whatsoever to his physique. He is very squatty and blocky and its only getting worse. He is continually packing on more size on his 5'6 frame and it has led to him looking like complete shit. His back was watery and smooth , his waist is huge compared to his shoulders . Yes he is very muscular. But if bodybuilding was just about who has the most muscle period, greg kovacs would be one of the all time greats. Instead it is a combination of symmetry,flow,aesthetics,muscularity and conditioning. Branch only has one. In the previous two years he had both the muscularity and conditioning and was rewarded for it as he should have. He was the hardest on stage last night yes but did not have the conditioning he had in 09 or 10. If dexter can be knocked down for not coming in with the conditioning he usually has , shouldnt the same apply to branch
        right again.

Comment

• branch looks like a fucked up mr. potato head with random parts thrown on him...mustache/goatee included

Comment

• Ok, reading all of the comments here I want to know why exactly did Branch win? Sure he has the size, but did he look overall bigger than Wolf, Evan or Victor? It didn't appear so to me. Now conditioning, his was good..but not as good as the past 2 years and I saw Evan with similar conditioning and Wolf was really dry as well.
            Now we are left with balance & proportion and symmetry, in which Branch sucks. His symmetry is awful and his proportion is not good either... first his lower body completely overpowers his upper body...then his arms look small compared to the rest of his upper body.....his shoulders and chest overpower everything....his back is still not up to par especially notable in the RDB and RLS.

So I ask again where was Branch's advantage? Size alone? That's why he won? Give me a break....this is what judging has come down to.
            If it where all about size then why doesn't Paco Bautista place higher? Why didn't Rhul place higher?
            If the criteria really is: size+conditioning+proportion, then Branch didn't have an advantage that warranted a victory in my opinion.

And Branch can't be compared to Dorian because Dorian had 2 things Branch doesn't: a huge advantage in conditioning and good balance & proportion.

I don't want to sound as I'm hating on Branch because I'm not, the guy worked hard and all....I'm just trying to comprehend all of the fanboy's opinions here saying Branch shut everyone up, etc. This is more of a critic to the judging procedure not Branch himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BDEGRD View Post
              Why it pisses some people off that Branch won is because the guy with a fraction of the genetics of most other bodybuilders just whooped everyones ass. He exposed the truth, all those complainers and excuse makers saying I cant to this or that because they dont have the genitics has just been proven to be nothing but lazy people excuse as bullshit. Hard work pays off, out working everyone and sacrificing your body more than anyone else will make you a champion. His "sloppy" training also was just proven that it works, and all the people trying to correct his "form" have just gotten a big slap in the face because THEY ARE ALL WRONG.
              Congrats Branch You did it your way and you made them your Bitch! Keep doin those hater reps, YA MOTHER FUCKA!!!!!!!!!!
              LOL! I got to admit, I love the enthusiasm in this post. And congrats Branch on the Win! Hard work does pay off!

Comment

• Originally posted by jprc10 View Post

And Branch can't be compared to Dorian because Dorian had 2 things Branch doesn't: a huge advantage in conditioning and good balance & proportion.

What? Dorian was big, but good balance and proportion? You have to be kidding. Dorian marked the beginning of balance and proportion not being a factor in winning- blocky, big gut, and ripped was what dorian was and what branch warren is. Branch might be big and ripped- but he looks bad.
                Greg Kovacs competed in the wrong era. He'd win the olympia by today's standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by jprc10 View Post
                  Ok, reading all of the comments here I want to know why exactly did Branch win? Sure he has the size, but did he look overall bigger than Wolf, Evan or Victor? It didn't appear so to me. Now conditioning, his was good..but not as good as the past 2 years and I saw Evan with similar conditioning and Wolf was really dry as well.
                  Now we are left with balance & proportion and symmetry, in which Branch sucks. His symmetry is awful and his proportion is not good either... first his lower body completely overpowers his upper body...then his arms look small compared to the rest of his upper body.....his shoulders and chest overpower everything....his back is still not up to par especially notable in the RDB and RLS.

So I ask again where was Branch's advantage? Size alone? That's why he won? Give me a break....this is what judging has come down to.
                  If it where all about size then why doesn't Paco Bautista place higher? Why didn't Rhul place higher?
                  If the criteria really is: size+conditioning+proportion, then Branch didn't have an advantage that warranted a victory in my opinion.

I don't want to sound as I'm hating on Branch because I'm not, the guy worked hard and all....I'm just trying to comprehend all of the fanboy's opinions here saying Branch shut everyone up, etc. This is more of a critic to the judging procedure not Branch himself.

Great post.

Comment

• what has some1 steppin on stage have 2 do with branchs symmetry!???....ok in that arguement ALL THE JUDGES NEVER "DIETED OR COMPETED PROLLY EITHER!"...dude i love branch & his FIRE & WORK ETHIC like ANY TRUE BB! but comeon BEST OVER ALL PACKAGE!???......NO WAY!

Comment

• I don't get the point of this debating this? Branch won end of story. He is now $140,000 richer and owns the bragging rights of being an Arnold champ. I am 100% convinced there will always be haters because everyone is going to have a different opinion. If Victor won or Wolf people would be bitching about that as well.

If you love the sport just be happy for Branch Warren. No one can deny his work ethic. It sure as hell motivates and inspires me even if i don't like the way he trains. The guy is a machine.

People here can be so negative at times. I would do anything to have the body that Branch has or any IFBB pro. They inspire me to be a better bodybuilder.

People can aruge about this forever but just let it be. The Olympia is right around the corner so we will see how Branch will stack up to the freaks like Cutler and Heath.

Comment

• Hell Yes

Next stop, Mr. Olympia baby!

Comment

• So riddle me this. Why did Lee Labrada a man known for symmetry and proportion, who by the way has as I know, no affiliation with md (to sponsor Warren) and endorses bodybuilding.com- we all saw those boring ads. Why did he endorse Branch as the best on stage. Some hater will probably give a clever response, but Lee has better judgment than any of us scrubs posting on this forum. He liked Branch's physique. That's saying something.

Comment

• I think everyone is being a little ridiculous with the whole genetic thing. Branch Warren's body to me is unique and thats his appeal. He has the kind of physique that makes you say "wow" when he walks on stage. To me I think thats the whole point of bodybuilding.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCatastrophe View Post
                              I think everyone is being a little ridiculous with the whole genetic thing. Branch Warren's body to me is unique and thats his appeal. He has the kind of physique that makes you say "wow" when he walks on stage. To me I think thats the whole point of bodybuilding.
                              To many, That ''wow'' is not something positive. More like ''wow, how can a human body get this bad?!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KINic View Post
                                To many, That ''wow'' is not something positive. More like ''wow, how can a human body get this bad?!!
                                yeah thats one take of his body but apparently there is a lot of fans of his physique. So why does everyone have to bash on each others opinions. Honestly I understand the argument you guys make, but I find it hard to hold everyone to a set book of standards. I think that sometimes it is good to have that change of pace. It is like great literature sometimes the best literature is that which does not follow the rules of writing or grammar.

Comment

Working...
                                X