Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Opening & Lou Ferrigno's Acceptance Speeches at the 2011 Arnold Classic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold Schwarzenegger's Opening & Lou Ferrigno's Acceptance Speeches at the 2011 Arnold Classic

and also of note...

Lou Ferrigno was presented the "Lifetime Achievement Award" at the finals of the 2011 Arnold Classic. In this video, Ferrigno notes how much the purses have changed in bodybuilding competitions over the last four decades

Fucking Lou Ferrigno...
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

I'm wondering how Arnold feels about what became out of this sport....

Comment

Originally posted by yair2210 View Post
        I'm wondering how Arnold feels about what became out of this sport....
        I'd imagine he thinks it has gone to shit.
        A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

^ Lol, bodybuilding is at its best now with levels of competition never higher than before. However, i dont imagine he would be much a fan of Branch's physique.
          Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
            I'd imagine he thinks it has gone to shit.
            Too bad he's an hypocrite and lying, saying Branch looks great. Unless he think the guy is, which would pretty much go against Arnold ideal physique goal during his career.

I think he respect the guy effort (just like everyone should). Those are just misguided effort, tough. Too bad people don't do the difference anymore.

Comment

Nice

Spoken like a true politician!

Comment

True, Arnold will continue to profit from his name being posted on anything, so whether he agrees with where this sport is going or not, he's in it for personal gain to some degree.

That said, he's completely right that the USA is the land of opportunity. All current political issues and arguments aside, it still is to this day. God bless. I am lucky that my ancestors decided to come here.
                BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

Originally posted by majrminer View Post
                  True, Arnold will continue to profit from his name being posted on anything, so whether he agrees with where this sport is going or not, he's in it for personal gain to some degree.

That said, he's completely right that the USA is the land of opportunity. All current political issues and arguments aside, it still is to this day. God bless. I am lucky that my ancestors decided to come here.
                  Its important to remember that the main reason for that is that USA is so big, with so many people that all speak the same language. You have theoretically the same opportunitys in the western world like Europe and Australia, but in reality you are limited by language, and lots of different countrys. With small populations. E.g. its hard for an American to make it in Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by KofO View Post
                    Its important to remember that the main reason for that is that USA is so big, with so many people that all speak the same language. You have theoretically the same opportunitys in the western world like Europe and Australia, but in reality you are limited by language, and lots of different countrys. With small populations. E.g. its hard for an American to make it in Quebec.
                    I traveled to Montreal and was treated poorly by the locals. They didn't like that I couldn't speak French, and I suppose they have every right to not like that about me. But I wouldn't want to go back.
                    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

I think it depend of the people at the place you were. We have a reputation of being tolerant. Though we don't want our langage to be abandonned.

Comment

Working...
                      X