Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branch Warren Wins 2011 British Grand Prix! Results and Scorecards!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c...vs-warren.html
    "I can accept failure... But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Comment

how can anybody have rockel first with a gut hanging out suck it up guys you to rockel branch for the win

Comment

Folks saying that Branch had too much muscle to lose, if that were the case, Markus Ruhl would have won 8 Olympias. There's more to it, and he did not have the conditioning this week that we're used to from him. The German got screwed. The only reason he is not considered a very high elite is b/c he is European, doesn't speak english, and has no sponsor.

Comment

i thought jackson looked better than branch....branch obviously had him on legs, but jacksons conditioning was better and his upper body looked more appealing imo...

Comment

Just got back from the show, a big success all in all though not without some controversy:
            Branch did deserve the win, when you see this guy close up he is nothing short of phenomenal. Ronny was a big suprise in 4th as he did look like he was battling for the top spot with Branch, there was quite a bit of booing when his place was announced and he should of reallt been in Roelly's spot and vice-versa. Roelly did however sharpen up throughout the night but was lucky to squeeze into 2nd. JoJ looked ridiculous and is definitely on the way back up the ranks, the guy is just insanely thick and impressive up-top especially.
            As for the others; Toney Freeman does seem to be somewhat coming down in size but for a 44 year-old still looks incredible. Alvin Small had a strong showing finishing in 8th just behind Essa. The ongoing struggle between Ronny and Branch was entertaining but you could tell Branch was getting wound up when Rockel kept at it, part of me was expecting Branch to floor the guy and we saw a confident, plucky side to Rockell that we're not used to!
            A very well-deserved win for Flex Lewis in the 202's where he really was in a class of his own. The Top 3 spots we're all taken by British athletes which is impressive as well considering the European line-up.
            Big congrats to all the organisers and competitors and looking forward to next year already!

Comment

do some of you really believe that rockel loses because he cant speak english?? lord that is the silliest crap i have ever heard.. look.. rockel is a awesome bodybuilder.. but do you really believe that judges have a conspiracy against him.. no way.. he places where he places for a reason.. he is consistently in the top 6.. but out of the running.. the judges are different per this contest and the arnold ect.. so what are they seeing? dont go the conspiracy crap and look at this with open eyes.. these judges are in the front row.. granted there has been bad placings before.. some i dont understand.. but this guy places consistently out of the top 3 and 4.. there is a reason..

should he beaten jackson? that case could have been made.. but from behind jackson hands him his lunch.. legs go to rockel.. so the mass goes to jackson.. conditioning was close.. jackson wins.. but even making the case that he beats jackson he does not beat branch and roelly..

Comment

Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
                SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THE MD GUYS....PAID BY MD WERE CHEERING ON THE OTHER MD GUY? WOW THAT IS A SHOCKER
                If you haven't noticed, most of the guys are "MD" guys now. Were there even any Weider athletes there? Dex, phil, kai, ben p, and fouad weren't there, and they are about all Weider has left.
                Joel Williams

Comment

Do you think the judges look at the photo's to choose the placing's? Come on now.
                  Joel Williams

Comment

So MD and the supplement companies call the shots at every show now do they? I think your over thinking all of this.
                    Joel Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. German View Post
                      And you are so blind to believe that this is their real opinion?
                      What they say has nothing to do with their real opinion.
                      They say what they have been told to say.
                      They are following their orders just like the judges also do.
                      And if you don't say what you are supposed to say you are fired.
                      Just ask yourself, how people like Shawn, Dorian and Zach earn their money?
                      If they want to keep their job they better say what they are supposed to say.

Those who give the orders (supplement companies) know that if people like Shawn, Dorian or Zach say something, that this gives their lies more credibility.
                      I don't agree with all the placings, by any means. But that said: I really find it hard to believe that Dorian Yates would sugar coat his opinion just to be in the good graces of MD. Dorian is known for being brutally honest and outspoken. Just look at some of his plan-by-plan commentary on some of the competitors-- downright cruel almost. I can buy Shawn maybe BS-ing it a bit, and maybe even Khan because he's new to the game-- but I think it's an insult to Dorian to accuse him of not being honest with his opinions.

-lifepulse

Comment

Exactly, prime example - The FlexPro - Did any of you see Evan beating Dex before they both stepped onstage? I figured ok, Dex is a Mr. O and has won the Arnold 3 times, there is no way Evan is going to beat him. But guess what, Shawn, Flex & George Farrah had him winning it after pre-judging. So does that mean that MD and Universal say that? Don't think so, they are free to have their own opinion's.
                        Joel Williams

Comment

wow wth is up with all of these new people?

rockell was robbed... again. branch congrats. but i had u second.
                          LUCKY 13 APPAREL
                          http://www.greasegasandglory.com/man...nufacturerid=1

Comment

Man M Pissed!!!... no disrespect to anybody but Rockel was Robbed (AGAIN )
                            If Phil Heath Eats Horse Shit I will Too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joel.inbalance View Post
                              Do you think the judges look at the photo's to choose the placing's? Come on now.
                              Obviously some of the people on this forum do.
                              "I can accept failure... But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Comment

Rockel got robbed should have been 1st place.
                                Z

Comment

Working...
                                X