X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natalie Minh is gorgeous.

Comment

Dennis Newman Has Some Great advice,Spend time with loved ones and take time to smell the Roses! Dennis is a very strong person and I would love to see him at the Arnold Expo because he was the best bodybuilder since Bob Paris! All the best to Dennis in the future!

Comment

Was always amazed at this guys' potential, even when compared to other greats like Shawn, Flex, Levrone. Every muscle is just perfectly shaped, his symmetry and proportion just hard to believe. And such beautiful lines, a combination of maybe Levrone and Paris. When he first came out I thought he was going to be a future Mr.O. Life is cruel sometimes, but I'm glad he's doing ok health wise.

Comment

is that shawn an dennis? i saw shawn there an his head is very very shiny! hahaha it was funny
          LUCKY 13 APPAREL
          http://www.greasegasandglory.com/man...nufacturerid=1

Comment

"is that shawn an dennis? i saw shawn there an his head is very very shiny! hahaha it was funny"
            Dont Hate!
            Mach III Blade bro and some Magic Lotion son!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
              "This thread very succinctly illucidates why no one should aspire to be a pro bodybuilder. The financial rewards are minute when one gauges the risks involved concommittant with the short careers and expected life span."
              Son, what you fail to realize is that the Majority of Bodybuilders dont get in the sport to make Money but rather to change their appearance, build self esteem, build character, over come adversity, battle eating disorders, build discipline, become competitive and or eventually the Best in the World!...
              That said, as with many Pro Sports a select few do have the opportunity to engage in the business of making money and when they do there is no guarantee simply because they are Pro that they will make any?
              No one in our sport is encouraged to give up their Day Job, quit School or give up their Dreams of making Money. Sadly as with many other Professions like; Acting, Football, Baseball, Boxing, Etc, there are other Fish in the Sea that are simply better and therefore stand the chance to get the Lions share of the Money available to each participant why is Bodybuilding any different? The same can be said for Doctors and Lawyers when it comes to the Job market and Money. In all walks of life there are Drug overdoses, murders, addictions and more, Bodybuilding is a reflection of Society on a very small scale kid.

I am so glad that at the age of 21 I decided to focus on my education and career instead.
              I pray you finish school and get a great education but remember, even with that there is no promise or guarantee of ending up with a Six Figure Job in this economy. Turn on your local News or read the News Paper to see how many Educated people their are out of work.
              Kid you should spend your time off the Bodybuilding Boards and more in the Class Room if this is not the sport for you.
              My two cents

You nailed this on both accounts. I know guys who keep playing football in Canada or Arena leagues and make peanuts in comarison to other occupations. However, it isnt always about getting back into the NFL. Some of us love to compete. Bodybuilding is a way to compete against yourself after sports. Even in everyday life bodybuilding challenges you to better than you were before. I also know plenty of people with Masters Degrees who are out of work or make little. They still have school loans, debt and some bad credit now.

Comment

Dennis was an awesome bodybuilder back then. He was on every cover and was complete. I was at that Mr. O in Chicago and thought that was cool. I think Nasser failed the diurectics test and Shawn placed second if my memory is right. Its a shame that a lot bodybuilders couldnt compete against the Mr. O's in the 90's due to health. I would have liked to have seen Momo, Munzer, Dennis, Porter, Francois and a few others continue growing and getting sharper. It would have made competitions tougher for Dorian, Ronnie and others had these guys had longer careers.
                Last edited by noserratus; February 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I have been wondering from several years ago what about the Dennis Newman's life, now I have the info, thanks Shawn, nice interview..

Comment

It is a good thing!

It is a good thing I picked bodybuilding as my fitness modality. I weighed 205 at 5'7",a little over fat, a lean 190lbs in my forties. Unfortunately I got leukemia twice. It relapsed in Jan 08. I spent 5 months in the hospital, loosing 60lbs from cancer cachexia. But I survived. I do not think I would have weighed 190 if I did not lift.
                    What type of leukemia did Dennis have? It is amazing that he competed four times after his transplant.

Comment

Strength and honor!

Comment

Ive known women who have been with this man, this man is abusive towards women and only reinforces the bad stigma steroid use can have on bodybuilders and its side effects. I dont think there is any strength or honor with Dennis Newman or any man who physically hurts women when they are bigger and clearly more capable of inflicting pain.

Comment

Working...
                        X