Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Flex Pro Finals Play-by-Play with Shawn Ray and George Farah - how it all went down

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter is 41 and maybe his body is not responding to contest prep the way it used to,Ronnie started having trouble at 40 too! Not a knock on the guy,He is one of the best in the past 10 years,but father time catches up to everybody!

Comment

• Ok...we'll know more in two weeks. Nobody is unbeatable. Branch's back is much weaker than Evan's and certainly Essa's, and conditioning wise Evan and Essa can bring even better striations to the stage than Branch can. Structurally they're both also more gifted than the Texas Titan. Just my view, I'm sure Branch will walk all over these two...
      Last edited by alexceau; February 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7point13 View Post
        Mike are you a fan of Warren's physique?
        Yes.

He has horrible shape and structure. A guy like branch should never beat Dexter Jackson. Assuming both bring there best condition.
        According to the IFBB...muscular size is the #1 prerequisite for winning shows. The 3 most important factors involved in winning a BB'ing show are size (#1), balance and condition. Branch has all 3 in spades. Remember, balance is NOT about shape or lines, but rather...proportion...and at this point, every area of Branch's physique is fully developed. Some have said his arms are too small, but anymore, his arms are actually pretty damn big...definitely NOT small. Branch is now a complete BB'r with masive size and great condition....which is reflected in his placings. I agree with Branch's placings at recent Olympias.

Lets hope victor martinez nails it so that the asc champ is not some texas midget with t-rex like arms, overpowering quads and a poor back.
        Branch's physique is now complete...his quads are not overpowering anymore...and haven't been for a long time, as Branch may have the thickest overall upper-body, per square inch, in BB'ing today....just massive and thick. There is no such thing as T-rex arms...Branch's arms are now bigger than many IFBB pros and are far from small. In fact, they are pretty damn big. Look at his arms in the frontdouble bi shot and they look about as big as his competition's. Also, his back is one of the biggest in the IFBB. His seperation in his back has improved 100% and is no longer an issue, which is why he is now placing 2nd and 3rd at the Olympia.

I belive the ONLY way Victor will beat Branch is if Vic is better than he has EVER been before. BB'ing is first and foremost about"MUSCLE"...not pretty lines. We are all entitled to like whatever physique we want, but the IFBB looks at this sport as "BB'ing", not shape building.....meaning that it is about building the muscles first and then bringing them onto the stage in great condition. Lines and shape come second, which history clearly shows. Every Mr.Olympia from Larry...to Sergio...to Arnold...to Haney...to Dorian...to Ronnie...to Jay...has been about muscle first and always will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by FitAdina View Post
          Here are three pics of Dex - 2008 Mr. O, 2010 Mr. O, 20111 Flex Pro

Thanks, Adina. Even though these particular pics don't show the disparity nearly as well as some others...one only has to look at the glutes...then hams to see the difference. There is a thread somewhere in here showing a pic from last years Olympia, where his hams and glutes look much more shredded...that when compared to the Flex pro pics, look awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexceau View Post
            Ok...we'll know more in two weeks. Nobody is unbeatable. Branch's back is much weaker than Evan's and certainly Essa's, and conditioning wise Evan and Essa can bring even better striations to the stage than Branch can. Structurally they're both also more gifted than the Texas Titan. Just my view, I'm sure Branch will walk all over these two...
            See bold above: Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahaahahahahahhaahhahaahahaha!

Evan is NOT more conditioned than Branch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
              See bold above: Bwaaaaaaaaahahahahahaahahahahahhaahhahaahahaha!

Evan is NOT more conditioned than Branch.
              Again, whether Evan or Essa are more conditioned than Branch is a matter of opinion. Looking at Branch's last two outings, his condition was ok at the 2010 AC and very good at the O. But was it better than Evan's last two outings? I just don't think so. Branch's rear lat and rear double bi are not that strong at all compared to other top pros, and I think that it will still hurt him in the comparisons. So all in all, it is my belief that Evan can easily match Branch in terms of muscularity and condition. He beats him in terms of general build and bone structure, and has significantly better flowing lines, with well shaped and round muscle bellies. Again just my humble opinion...

Comment

• I think until we see evan actually standing next to Branch , we cannot make any assumptions.
                OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST , I MISS MY MIND THE MOST !

Comment

Working...
                X