Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey MOB we want a new mayor... Someone that actually show support to the athletes. Not some fucking schmoe that pays pro's to get blown just so they can afford to compete. GTFO this board MOB

Comment

• Originally posted by tight booty View Post
      And that is why I respect and admire Arnold so much, because he really bought to attention the power of the mind and how a stong mind is essential to getting to the top in bodybuilding. Cedric probably would have been better off having a pig out meal with family and friends and staying away from the internet and just enjoying his victory!
      His power of the mind spiel only works if you have one in million genetics and a response to the drugs second to none. If he had average genetics we would never have heard of him- at least not in bodybulding.

Comment

• How so? Arnold made it big when bodybuilders apparently had more "mainstream" acceptance at least as action heroes in Hollywood and on the three television channels we had back then. It was a smaller media fish bowl back then. By getting to those heights he made good with his millionaire Hollywood buddies partnering up with the Hard Rock; making good on the Arnold Expo, etc.
        However, in this age of cheap productions & low pay (comparatively speaking) the bodybuilding media equivalent is Lauren Powers and Tattoo Timmy. And, indeed Lauren has a few bags full to sell.

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
        Arnold would get on here and have them beg to eat shit out of a can he was selling to them.

Comment

• It just shows how great your potential is. you know you wasnt at your best yesterday but you still deserved to win and you did. keep ur head up, good luck to you and the fam, do what you know you need to do to improve and get prepared to run things in a couple of more years (because with your physique its nothing anyone can do to stop it). bodybuilding is about hard work, dedication, challenges and consistency. without a doubt you know all about those things. btw i appreciate the advice on how to bring up my arms last month its already working!
          Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Comment

• Cedric, you're the man. End of story. You won with a physique that may be below the best that you can bring to a pro stage. All that says to us is that even when you are off, you are still better! Keep your head up bro, congrats on your win and I'm hoping someone like you thats the big show out in a few years!

Comment

• Cedric -
              I was critical of your physique in the contest, in my opinion you were still the winner if not very much near the winner however you are considered the greatest genetic "prospect " in this sport and bodybuilders, fans, commentators and even people who you think are your friends are going to hold you to a different level than everyone else. Over the past 5 or 6 seasons Lebron James has been the top player in basketball if not one of the top players but he has also been the most criticized and that has to do with the expectations that fans have for him. Lebron has a Nike Basketball contract and makes enough to buy all of his , he isn't in the military and doesn't raise a family with a normal income like you and many other bodybuilders do but essentially your role is quite similar in this sport for better or worse I would rather be in your shoes than most anybody on this forum. When Lee Haney beat Lee Labrada many said that Haney was off and he too was criticized but thinking back no even discusses his failures because at the end of the day he is still one of the immortals in this sport. When we discuss the lack of clavicles on Phil Heath we are looking at him as a bodybuilder and while those comments may not feel so great he has to overcome and prove us all wrong and then reap the benefits financial and mental that go along with the role of being Mr. Olympia. Ask Dorian Yates how he feels when we discuss how Levrone,Ray and Wheeler should have all beat him at one time or another, fans are fans and their voice and opinion is the only connection they have to the stage. I hope that you can overcome whatever negative feelings you have towards this internet community and embrace the criticism as fuel (and fuel aint cheap) toward your end goal. You must also understand that many forum members are not very eloquent in the dialect and therefore many of their comments in written form seem much more hurtful than they actually are.
              Good Luck,
              George

Comment

• Not every Champion has the "Fortitude" to realize their true Potential for their Fear of Failure and of what Other people think about them.
                Sadly, this sport attracts people with Insecurities, Eating Disorders, Addictive Personalities and people with Low Self Esteem.
                Winning only Magnifies some of these issues and the Internet manifests them to the surface with Anonymous Posters hitting "Trigger" points that these Champions feel require a Response.
                I had Cedric Winning from the moment they all Lined Up.
                My opinion counts for Shit, yet I have seen a Million Shows and picked as many Winners in the same fashion. However comfortable I was in my assessment, it would not have made Cedric any more secure with me telling him this, as I did before the show was over and in my Play by Play Thread along with Flex.
                The Mind has ruined many "Potential Champion Careers" like:
                Rory, Mendenhall and B Fox.
                This sport is not for everyone just because they Win or have Potential.
                It's for the Ruthless Killers in the Gym that are Fearless in the Face of Defeat, in Raged when they Lose and Hungry to achieve their Best in the face of Adversity!
                It's not Learned. Either you have it or you don't.

Every athlete worth a damn, gets Heat from Critics, Judges and Fans.
                When or if I ever gave a Damn about what "Strangers" thought of me Winning or Losing a Contest I freely chose to compete in to better myself and finance my career would have been the day I quit!
                On this day, the world would have found out that the Sponsors who Pay me Money to support my efforts to be the best and the Prize Money I received to pay my Bills meant Shite! Well for me that would have been a lie.

Every Pro worth their weight in this business wants to be their Best but the vast majority have no clue on how to actually make that a Reality?
                Here in lies the rub and their confusion gives rise to their insecurities making them even "Bigger Targets" to get Chopped down by the competition and Critics!
                If a Pro can't handle Criticism and doesn't like what the Fans say about him, he is not long for this Sport and there will be 10 people that will step right over him to try and become the Champion he feels he will never be.

Sounds like some tough decisions will have to be made or maybe we have seen the best that South Carolina has to present the world?
                Either way, the system worked and the Correct Winner was chosen but sadly, this Thread revealed Bigger Problems ahead for this Champion that are beyond the stage.

I can only wish him good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFuture View Post
                  Cedric -
                  I was critical of your physique in the contest, in my opinion you were still the winner if not very much near the winner however you are considered the greatest genetic "prospect " in this sport and bodybuilders, fans, commentators and even people who you think are your friends are going to hold you to a different level than everyone else. Over the past 5 or 6 seasons Lebron James has been the top player in basketball if not one of the top players but he has also been the most criticized and that has to do with the expectations that fans have for him. Lebron has a Nike Basketball contract and makes enough to buy all of his , he isn't in the military and doesn't raise a family with a normal income like you and many other bodybuilders do but essentially your role is quite similar in this sport for better or worse I would rather be in your shoes than most anybody on this forum. When Lee Haney beat Lee Labrada many said that Haney was off and he too was criticized but thinking back no even discusses his failures because at the end of the day he is still one of the immortals in this sport. When we discuss the lack of clavicles on Phil Heath we are looking at him as a bodybuilder and while those comments may not feel so great he has to overcome and prove us all wrong and then reap the benefits financial and mental that go along with the role of being Mr. Olympia. Ask Dorian Yates how he feels when we discuss how Levrone,Ray and Wheeler should have all beat him at one time or another, fans are fans and their voice and opinion is the only connection they have to the stage. I hope that you can overcome whatever negative feelings you have towards this internet community and embrace the criticism as fuel (and fuel aint cheap) toward your end goal. You must also understand that many forum members are not very eloquent in the dialect and therefore many of their comments in written form seem much more hurtful than they actually are.
                  Good Luck,
                  George
                  Damn, well said dude!

Comment

• Shawn that was mindblowingly awesome bro (btw you got one of my fav physiques of all time) Uncrowned Mr.O for sure. but.........MoB this whole ill tell blah blah blah to there face blah blah blah im just keeping it real garbage, is pissing me off and i hope maybe Cedric punches you in the face....(after he wins the Ny pro of course!) just my OP

Comment

• [QUOTE=WisconsinBB;2564369]Dude, just got done lookin at pictures. As you know, my opinion matters significantly more than most on this site because.....well, because 1) I'm awesome, B) I keep it real, and 4) I'm from Wisconsin and statistically we're smarter than most of the entire country. You won hands down and nobody should be bitchin.[/QUOTE TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN

Comment

• Hmm, quite an interesting turn of events.
                        ironmaglabs.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFuture View Post
                          Cedric -
                          Good Luck,
                          George
                          That was excellent. I'll just add (as a Canadian, I'm obliged), many, many people said of Wayne Gretzky as a minor hockey player: can't skate, can't shoot, can't check. Guess what? Greatest hockey player of all time.

Cedric, you have the potential to be one of the greatest. Don't let anyone, serious critic, or keyboard jockey, derail you from your quest.

At the same time, listen to good criticism, as well as take the praise. Great champions always listen to good criticism.

All the best Cedric.

Comment

• Hey ced! I don't post on here a lot but read alot of the threads. I looked at the photos and by the photos only, I see you winning it. That is fucking great! It means bodybuilding is going in the right direction! Eugene is probably a great guy, but is physique is atrocious.

But like guy and mike said, do you! Majority of people have never dieted a week let alone 16! Not to mention a full time job on top of that! Don't change your attitude though because there are fans out there who still back ya no matter what, whether it's 1 st or 15th! You lift because you love it. Listen bud, you dieted and busted your ass just like every other competitor so why not you? Someones got to win!

As for you serving our country I have the upmost respect for not only you but your family. My brother was a sergeant in the marines and while his tour in Iraq was nor only stressful for him, but took a toll on our family back home as well. So thanks for you commitment and god bless

Comment

• Congrats on the win Cedric. You deserved it.

As it's been said already, there are only a few opinions that matter, those of the judges, your family and close friends, and ultimately yours. Fuck anyone elses opinion, if you don't like it, ignore it. If you can't ignore it, use it a fuel for the fire. If bodybuilding makes you happy, continue on man and do your thing. Most people giving their opinions haven't achieved close to your accomplishments in the sport, so take that into consideration when deciding if you should be allowing the "fans" opinions affect you, since you are more qualified than all these individuals, they have little value to say. Chin up man, the world is yours when it comes to bodybuilding or anything you put your mind to.
                              https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

• CED I luv your look...so did the judges.
                                Keep your head up.
                                If you feel you need to take a break, by all means do so.
                                There are plenty of shows and the Olympia is not going anywhere.
                                Do you...
                                I support ya 100%.
                                Ps. sevenfit had a good idea...lol
                                JOIN my health transformation challenge
                                www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Comment

Working...
                                X