Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You got nothing to apologize for Cedric.

Congratulations. Keep doing your thing!
    "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Comment

• Yo Ced,

we all got our ups and downs, but you can't let those get to you. No one is perfect, and its real easy to let your insecurities get the best of you, but you gotta stay positive and stick to your strengths. You got a lot of potential and a ton of fans, so you can't stay down man.

best of luck

Comment

• No I have not been on the Cedric bandwagon since day one like some have. I do believe that Cedric could be one of the best EVER bodybuilders, without a doubt. He is so impressive it is unreal. His personality is very engaging and positive to add to that. I have to say that it is very discouraging to know he is so hurt by these boards. The ability to express those feelings in the face of obvious vulnerability takes some SERIOUS nuts. If this sport were to loose Cedric is would loose one athlete that probably had the greatest potential.

Cedric, you need to do this for yourself, not for the approval of others. Look into yourself for what makes you happy, no one can do that for you. This is coming from a 21 year old so what do I know.

Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinaz55 View Post

Ced you are my FAVORITE BBer, your potential is limitless and i love your attitude. I just love you with size brotha You definitely are a gentle and i respect you for busting your ass to get lean as hell man...you live and you learn. ONCE you hit the nail on the head, your are OLYMPIA WINNER MATERIAL my man!
          THIS, i totally agree. You came in just a little flat but the condition was much better than before - and regarding it was only your 6th show you did a great job.

And reagarding your placing you deserves 1st place IMO because bodybuilding to me is about rewarding the best/most beautiful phyisque and both Haley and mishin had a gut hanging out of their stomachs while you look healthy and you have that classic lines. Just stay the way you are, keep it healthy and classic and do not change your personality.

I admire you!!!

PS: I think not doing NY is a good move. Take some time off to the Olympia and recover...

Comment

• People in the internet will comment every little aspect and discuss it to death... but thatīs not your game Cedric, Phil Heath for example NEVER looks the forums. Your game is showing up and winning, end of the story... and winning at a less than 100% should make you confident as hell!! enjoy your gift big man, you still have tons of trophys to collect.

Comment

• Originally posted by iliftpesos View Post
              Much respect bro.

For every person that didn't think you looked good there are another 2 people who thought you looked amazing.
              i have to agree with this. there may be 100 people out there that think you look great, but there will always be those one or two people who are gonna say otherwise, whether it be jealousy, trolling, or any other reason people have. u still worked hard to look the way u did and u should be happy not sad. id kill to one day look half as good as u did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
                Not every Champion has the "Fortitude" to realize their true Potential for their Fear of Failure and of what Other people think about them.
                Sadly, this sport attracts people with Insecurities, Eating Disorders, Addictive Personalities and people with Low Self Esteem.
                Winning only Magnifies some of these issues and the Internet manifests them to the surface with Anonymous Posters hitting "Trigger" points that these Champions feel require a Response.
                I had Cedric Winning from the moment they all Lined Up.
                My opinion counts for Shit, yet I have seen a Million Shows and picked as many Winners in the same fashion. However comfortable I was in my assessment, it would not have made Cedric any more secure with me telling him this, as I did before the show was over and in my Play by Play Thread along with Flex.
                The Mind has ruined many "Potential Champion Careers" like:
                Rory, Mendenhall and B Fox.
                This sport is not for everyone just because they Win or have Potential.
                It's for the Ruthless Killers in the Gym that are Fearless in the Face of Defeat, in Raged when they Lose and Hungry to achieve their Best in the face of Adversity!
                It's not Learned. Either you have it or you don't.

Every athlete worth a damn, gets Heat from Critics, Judges and Fans.
                When or if I ever gave a Damn about what "Strangers" thought of me Winning or Losing a Contest I freely chose to compete in to better myself and finance my career would have been the day I quit!
                On this day, the world would have found out that the Sponsors who Pay me Money to support my efforts to be the best and the Prize Money I received to pay my Bills meant Shite! Well for me that would have been a lie.

Every Pro worth their weight in this business wants to be their Best but the vast majority have no clue on how to actually make that a Reality?
                Here in lies the rub and their confusion gives rise to their insecurities making them even "Bigger Targets" to get Chopped down by the competition and Critics!
                If a Pro can't handle Criticism and doesn't like what the Fans say about him, he is not long for this Sport and there will be 10 people that will step right over him to try and become the Champion he feels he will never be.

Sounds like some tough decisions will have to be made or maybe we have seen the best that South Carolina has to present the world?
                Either way, the system worked and the Correct Winner was chosen but sadly, this Thread revealed Bigger Problems ahead for this Champion that are beyond the stage.

I can only wish him good luck.
                Damn.....Thats the truth!

Great post!

Comment

• Congrats to the win from Sweden. You are a big inspiration to me as a contender in 'classic bodybuilding', great lines and mass. As you know, you were flat, but hell... we all have competitions like that. It was not too bad, just that the hype was so bad.

Amazing build, well deserved win, now go for the Mr O. And once again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

• Feel better cedric? The physique creates the fans..not the other way around.

Comment

• First off, Cedric should not apologize for anything. Dude, you just won your first pro show. Of course you're not 100% satisfied with how you looked onstage...none of us ever are! Have you ever met a bodybuilder (a good one anyways) who is/was satisifed with how they look? Of course not. But you should be satisfied with the outcome of the show.

This is bodybuilding. It's not a "most conditioned contest" or a "biggest man contest" or even a "best symmetry contest". It's a physique contest and that means having the best combination of size/development, conditioning and aesthetics. The man on that stage with the best combination was Cedric! That's my opinion and obviously many felt the same way including the judges. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion.

What I do think is unnecessary is a lot of the crap I see people write about the competitors. Hey it's a free country and people can write and say whatever they want. But if you wouldn't go up to any of these guys in person and tell them "Hey man, you really looked like shit onstage" then I think you look like a real pussy writing it on a message board. Many will say "But it's just the internet". If that's the way you truly feel then don't beat on guys who don't come on the boards. You have guys like Cedric who put an honest effort into trying to help others and answer their questions...if it's "just the internet" then a pro's participation or lack thereof shouldn't matter to you. Fans don't like it when they meet a pro and walk away feeling that the guy was less than respectful. Pros don't like to be shit on by fans either! Nobody likes to feel disrespected.

This is pro bodybuilding and as a bodybuilder, you will be judged constantly. You will be evaluated and critiqued and told your shortcomings over and over again. And all bodybuilders accept that fact. And like I said, everyone is entitled to say whatever it is they feel like saying. But anyone with half a brain and at least a little class can communicate their opinions in a way that is respectful and effective.

Congrats Cedric
                      www.centopani.com

Comment

• Cedric, I implore you to do the NY Pro. You have time to make adjustments and come in looking much better there, and even if that show is supposed to be an easy win for Kai, anything can happen. Nobody ever knows who will look like what until we get to the show. And you have a LOT of people who do appreciate your physique and the different look you bring to the stage.

Ignore the haters. Haters gonna hate, and that's because they are angry, sad people. Don't let them in your head, that's all they want - misery loves company. Haters feel the most pain seeing others overcome challenges, succeeding, and making their dreams come true because they are too cowardly to do it themselves. Please keep doing your thing, there are many of us who want to see you do well. And there are also those of us who fully understand how tough this sport is and that you can't always look exactly the way you wanted to for whatever reasons. Don't let the ignorant types who have no clue about any of that because they have never dieted and competed bother you.

And yes, I am saying that if you have never dieted and competed, you have no clue what it's like. You can comment on someone being flat or smooth or whatever, but you should do it respectfully. If you had ever competed, you WOULD be more respectful toward fellow competitors because then you would know what we go through.
                        Muscular Development Online Editor
                        FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
                          Not every Champion has the "Fortitude" to realize their true Potential for their Fear of Failure and of what Other people think about them.
                          Sadly, this sport attracts people with Insecurities, Eating Disorders, Addictive Personalities and people with Low Self Esteem.
                          Winning only Magnifies some of these issues and the Internet manifests them to the surface with Anonymous Posters hitting "Trigger" points that these Champions feel require a Response.
                          I had Cedric Winning from the moment they all Lined Up.
                          My opinion counts for Shit, yet I have seen a Million Shows and picked as many Winners in the same fashion. However comfortable I was in my assessment, it would not have made Cedric any more secure with me telling him this, as I did before the show was over and in my Play by Play Thread along with Flex.
                          The Mind has ruined many "Potential Champion Careers" like:
                          Rory, Mendenhall and B Fox.
                          This sport is not for everyone just because they Win or have Potential.
                          It's for the Ruthless Killers in the Gym that are Fearless in the Face of Defeat, in Raged when they Lose and Hungry to achieve their Best in the face of Adversity!
                          It's not Learned. Either you have it or you don't.

Every athlete worth a damn, gets Heat from Critics, Judges and Fans.
                          When or if I ever gave a Damn about what "Strangers" thought of me Winning or Losing a Contest I freely chose to compete in to better myself and finance my career would have been the day I quit!
                          On this day, the world would have found out that the Sponsors who Pay me Money to support my efforts to be the best and the Prize Money I received to pay my Bills meant Shite! Well for me that would have been a lie.

Every Pro worth their weight in this business wants to be their Best but the vast majority have no clue on how to actually make that a Reality?
                          Here in lies the rub and their confusion gives rise to their insecurities making them even "Bigger Targets" to get Chopped down by the competition and Critics!
                          If a Pro can't handle Criticism and doesn't like what the Fans say about him, he is not long for this Sport and there will be 10 people that will step right over him to try and become the Champion he feels he will never be.

Sounds like some tough decisions will have to be made or maybe we have seen the best that South Carolina has to present the world?
                          Either way, the system worked and the Correct Winner was chosen but sadly, this Thread revealed Bigger Problems ahead for this Champion that are beyond the stage.

I can only wish him good luck.
                          DAMN! This needs to be turned into a metal plaque and hung in every gym!

Comment

• Dont waste tears on 'fans', because there are no fans in bodybuilding, only critics. That which you choose to call fans are made up of low self esteem, underachievers with gigantic egos and small penis.

The true fans don't walk out on their champion when he is down, neither do they withhold their support; they would rather make excuses for their champions and argue on his behalf. For example in a boxing match, fans of Mike Tyson will not stop supporting him when he lost, and even when he was charged with rape (no, i dont condone this), they still supported him, but not in bodybuilding.

The so called 'fans' in bodybuilding have the shortest memory - they praise you one show and it has no bearing on your subsequent performances. In other words, their support in conditional. Ever changing like the weather.

So next time you think about losing sleep over a fan, remember this: There are no fans in bodybuilding, only critics, and the true fans - if any, dont mind.
                            The Size Game Podcast www.thesizegame.com | instagram.com/banjidemayji

Comment

• Originally posted by Livingston View Post
                              Dont waste tears on 'fans', because there are no fans in bodybuilding, only critics. That which you choose to call fans are made up of low self esteem, underachievers with gigantic egos and small penis.

The true fans don't walk out on their champion when he is down, neither do they withhold their support; they would rather make excuses for their champions and argue on his behalf. For example in a boxing match, fans of Mike Tyson will not stop supporting him when he lost, and even when he was charged with rape (no, i dont condone this), they still supported him, but not in bodybuilding.

The so called 'fans' in bodybuilding have the shortest memory - they praise you one show and it has no bearing on your subsequent performances. In other words, their support in conditional. Ever changing like the weather.

So next time you think about losing sleep over a fan, remember this: There are no fans in bodybuilding, only critics, and the true fans - if any, dont mind.
                              The tears were for the other competitors... The same guys that were trying to beat him!!!

If you cry in victory for winning and vanquishing your (foes/competition) and apologize, I shudder to think what one would do in utter defeat....

Shawn's post said it best. Screw your head on right or get torn to ribbons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
                                The tears were for the other competitors... The same guys that were trying to beat him!!!

If you cry in victory for winning and vanquishing your (foes/competition) and apologize, I shudder to think what one would do in utter defeat....

Shawn's post said it best. Screw your head on right or get torn to ribbons.
                                Pretty much. It's a small window to do well in this sport. Better start snatching peoples food!
                                twitter: @badbadleroyb,

Comment

Working...
                                X