This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    I agree 100%, with this post. And to add to the internet comments and disrespect, Evan also made a comment once while in the car driving while I was on the phone with him. Ev, you might remember this. Someone gave you the finger and you got so pissed and you said "If you won't give me the finger walking on the street, then don't give me the finger in your car" and I think that applies to this as well. Everyone should be happy about MD and other body building web sites that help to promote and grow the sport of bodybuilding. Too much negativity and disrespect will only hurt the sport which we all claim to love and enjoy. Every has an opinion and every opinion can be spoken and typed respectfully and I think if we can turn it into corrective criticisms and not just a bunch of "joe schmo looked like shit, or he sucks, or what not" I think there are better ways to get your point across than tearing others down. And if that day ever comes I think it will be better for competitors and fans.
    Agreed, but as bodybuilders, you're JUDGED. It's an inherent part of the sport. For the most part, I'm reading comments about how people felt he should have looked better and that a couple other guys got the shaft at this show. Certainly it sucks that Ced had traumatic family issues. I can't imagine trying to compete after losing 20 pounds. But the dude competed and needs to take the criticism. Y'all want a big contract with a supp company and whatnot (maybe not specifically YOU, but most guys do), then step up and take the heat. You're making yourselves public figures. If you can't handle message board criticism, then maybe you should stay away. If you know you cant compete at 100%, which clearly Ced knew he couldn't after losing 20 lbs because of stress and depression, then don't compete. He won though, and people are going to tell him like they see it. I thought you were from the east coast Guy? People tell it like they see it son. Nothing wrong with that, unless they get downright rude.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

• Yo Cedric as a fan of yours and Evans (truer words cant be spoken btw!) You kicked ass yo, take it as it is man, theres haters everywhere, put'm behind you and keep'm there!

Comment

• Cedric you worked hard and God smiled on you and you WON!!!

Take a couple days and enjoy the winning feeling. Then time to start focusing on the next competition.

Congrat's Cedric!!!
        A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Comment

• Big C Mac , you are a very humble young man very honorable , but let me say this you deserved your win , you put in the work you dieted u sacrificed so much . enjoy your victory hopefully I will get to meet you at the Mr O

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Ray View Post
            This sport is not for everyone just because they Win or have Potential.
            It's for the Ruthless Killers in the Gym that are Fearless in the Face of Defeat, in Raged when they Lose and Hungry to achieve their Best in the face of Adversity!
            It's not Learned. Either you have it or you don't.

Sounds like some tough decisions will have to be made or maybe we have seen the best that South Carolina has to present the world?
            Either way, the system worked and the Correct Winner was chosen but sadly, this Thread revealed Bigger Problems ahead for this Champion that are beyond the stage.
            And you would know ruthless I still have the BFTO video where you use your segment to tell the viewers all the flaws that Dorian had in detail and then say that Flex Wheeler was a good friend of yours and in the same breath accuse him of having calf implants. Your whole segment was about trashing the other guys including Dillet and Nasser but no one else did that at all, just didn't occur to them.

My point is that people might call Cedric weak but I think he has qualities that ruthless people such as yourself wouldn't understand. Doesn't mean he won't bust his ass to win but he's not going to cut down others to get there.

Comment

• relax...
              i belive that what is happening is that bodybuilding fans are traumatized for this kind of hype over one athlete.. you can tell.. so many disapointments in so little time..
              like Wolf going from an incredible shape and a 4th place at the olympia to placing last..
              or Martinez from almost winning the olympia and then suffering some injurie and other family issues..
              or Trey Brewer hyped to the limit.. not even turning pro.

on other hand we have guys like Branch who have a poorer structure/aestetics progressing and winning..

what everyone sees in you is the potential to be one of the greatest ever..
              maybe a better version of the great Ronnie Coleman, if that is even possible, given the similarity in structure..

the only way to aways please the fans is keep progressing

ps.. the only thing i don't really like is your left-right-left-right aproach to posing.. it gets very predictable..
              keep surprising us

Comment

• Excuse me, I just gotta say something.

Originally posted by tight booty View Post
                You don't appear to be very strong mentally.

I never respond to any forum, but you are a moron if what you said was not a joke. How can a man deployed in a combat zone, away from his family, not have any mental strength? How can he continue to serve his country while reaching for his bodybuilding goals be without mental strength? Have you served in the military? Do you realize how often you are away from your loved ones and your hopes and dreams are put on hold, all for the priviledge of protecting morons like you? Finally, I guess you think that it takes no mental strength to read all these attacks on you by people who have no clue about you or what it takes for you to accomplish your goals? That takes balls to read and respond, knowing that you will be attacked by a pack of ignorant wannabes. To all the other losers that are cutting Cedric down, get a life. For him to show-up and be competitive at this level, while doing a real job is amazing. Do you all write to a baseball player who should've be out at first, but wasn't, to tell him he sucks? No matter how much you defend your comments as constructive, it's not. The guy gets his first pro win and a bunch of you skewer him. Pure ignorance and jealousy. You all should apologize if you participated in cutting him down. Sorry, for the rant.

Congrats, Cedric.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
                  Me being flat is something I knew and am not denying... My point is, if u were interested in helping me, u could have sent me a message saying "yo ced, this is what I think"... Instead of contributing to the Cedric bashing. Everybody did Alvisi the same way in Dallas. For those of us that are not from NY and are not Irish, sometimes NON constructive comments coming from someone that appears to be your supporter affects them negatively. Kevin Levrone don't know me and has never said things like you're the best!, and then join in a conversation about how much I sucked and didn't deserve a win. I do like those shirts though! But shit like that hurts coming from u and Adina because I thought y'all had my back. At the Olympia when I was feeling so depressed about my lost, u guys had so many encouraging and motivating words to tell me at the booth... Then y'all go criticize me for not showing my body. If that criticism was told to me, I can handle that... But y'all criticize me to the people on the boards... The same boards that u tell me "don't worry about those forums Cedric"
                  It's all good and I'm not beefing with u at all. I just know how to take things u say to ME versus things u say ABOUT ME, when you're enjoying your forum conversation after I do a show and don't look like an Olympian
                  I respect your support for the sport.
                  I should have stayed my flat ass at home and not left my family. Well, I'll do everybody a favor and stay my small, flat, condition lacking ass at he next month too... That way I can sit back and laugh at all the shit people say about those that did the NY show. I know I'm not a top 15 Olympian, and I promise I won't go to that show no time soon.
                  WTF... is the emotional military man? Damn. Ced, pull yourself together and go shoot some M16s or something. Like you said yourself, that's not a good outlook for bodybuilding. I think it's an excellent outlook for life in general though. I personally have been lacking in the emotion department, and it probably affects my sense of importance in family related issues. Not happy about that, but sometimes we get tired of being beat down. Maybe it's time for you to get tired of being beat down and step it up a notch. David Henry is currently deployed, and you KNOW he's going back to kick some 202 ass.
                  Last edited by majrminer; May 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Wow, this made it to the front page of MD, WTF!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5JumpChump View Post
                      I never respond to any forum, but you are a moron if what you said was not a joke. How can a man deployed in a combat zone, away from his family, not have any mental strength? How can he continue to serve his country while reaching for his bodybuilding goals be without mental strength? Have you served in the military? Do you realize how often you are away from your loved ones and your hopes and dreams are put on hold, all for the priviledge of protecting morons like you? Finally, I guess you think that it takes no mental strength to read all these attacks on you by people who have no clue about you or what it takes for you to accomplish your goals? That takes balls to read and respond, knowing that you will be attacked by a pack of ignorant wannabes. To all the other losers that are cutting Cedric down, get a life. For him to show-up and be competitive at this level, while doing a real job is amazing. Do you all write to a baseball player who should've be out at first, but wasn't, to tell him he sucks? No matter how much you defend your comments as constructive, it's not. The guy gets his first pro win and a bunch of you skewer him. Pure ignorance and jealousy. You all should apologize if you participated in cutting him down. Sorry, for the rant.

Congrats, Cedric.
                      If you want to refer to his character and military strengths, consider whether he follows the same rules as everyone else first.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
                        Me being flat is something I knew and am not denying... My point is, if u were interested in helping me, u could have sent me a message saying "yo ced, this is what I think"... Instead of contributing to the Cedric bashing. Everybody did Alvisi the same way in Dallas. For those of us that are not from NY and are not Irish, sometimes NON constructive comments coming from someone that appears to be your supporter affects them negatively. Kevin Levrone don't know me and has never said things like you're the best!, and then join in a conversation about how much I sucked and didn't deserve a win. I do like those shirts though! But shit like that hurts coming from u and Adina because I thought y'all had my back. At the Olympia when I was feeling so depressed about my lost, u guys had so many encouraging and motivating words to tell me at the booth... Then y'all go criticize me for not showing my body. If that criticism was told to me, I can handle that... But y'all criticize me to the people on the boards... The same boards that u tell me "don't worry about those forums Cedric"
                        It's all good and I'm not beefing with u at all. I just know how to take things u say to ME versus things u say ABOUT ME, when you're enjoying your forum conversation after I do a show and don't look like an Olympian
                        I respect your support for the sport.
                        I should have stayed my flat ass at home and not left my family. Well, I'll do everybody a favor and stay my small, flat, condition lacking ass at he next month too... That way I can sit back and laugh at all the shit people say about those that did the NY show. I know I'm not a top 15 Olympian, and I promise I won't go to that show no time soon.
                        I'm going to say good job with showing the true colors of the idiots like MOB. They call everybody else "haters", but given the chance they'll turn their back on you in no time.

I didn't like you at first, I really didn't. But after seeing you post and looking back at pictures of you, you have what it takes to be a legend in this 'sport'. You're a badass, Ced.

Fuck the fake people here who act like good people all of the time, and hide their true opinions until the time comes. Seriously, fuck them. Good work with what you've done so far. Congratulations on the victory, keep your head up and keep dominating this big gut BBers.
                        My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5JumpChump View Post

Congrats, Cedric.
                          You can be mentally strong one way and weak as a lamb in other aspects. Just ask a psychologist. Some of the toughest, hard as nails bruisers break down and cry like babies when certain specific events are brought up to them and they have to confront them without the tough act.

Cedric may be tough on the battlefield whre your life in on the line, but when it comes to personal criticism, its obviously a soft spot for him.

Comment

• compassion and selflessness, two more great qualities for us to love you more dude....also 2 fundamentals in great leadership.

Comment

• good work cedric

hey cedric you were very good, no one can said you were not you did your work... just for next time work harder remember that every one, as you put in the first tread need to fail and from there move forward ... good work man keep it up

“Trust me when you love something you don’t need motivation” – Serge Nubret

Comment

• Cedric is an awesome bodybuilder def gonna be a Mr Olympia winner! but not only is he an awesome bodybuilder he is a hell of a human being!

Comment

Working...
                                X