X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Ced,
    You know how I feel I spoke to you awhile last night so I won't go into everything again. But as a competitor it sucks to have to read what some people write about you. Someone posted that the fans lost sight of a lot when it comes to this sport and that's very true. I'll never forget after Mike L and myself turned pro at 08 Nationals we flew to Cali for photo shoots and when we got there Mike wanted to hop on the boards and see what they were saying and we were both shocked. I guess it was the reality of what was to come as a pro in this sport. There were people saying we both sucked, we didn't deserve to turn pro, that I looked like shit, I was skinny, Mike L was flat and conditioning was way off. We were both taken back and shocked I guess we thought most people would be happy and excited that we accomplished something that not many can say they have, but that wasn't the case. And it did leave a bad taste in our mouths for awhile, but it never brought us down from the high we had from just winning...Like I told you bro you have to have thick skin because if you don't you'll get eaten up in all this. The ONLY people that matter are YOU, YOUR FAMILY, GOD, YOUR TRUE FRIENDS, AND YOUR TRUE FANS. And for every fan you going to have a few haters in there bro, but those people are most likely the ones who have never worked out, never been to a show, and like bashing and arguing with other people and the pros. People should realize that this is the only sport where people can talk to pros, ask them questions, and get good honest feed back, but instead a majority of them chose to bash them. The loyal ones are the ones on your q and A Ced, and I told you that as well last night. It does suck to feel like that, because you feel like you need to explain yourself to every single person that has something negative to say about you, but YOU DON'T. This sport is like baptism by fire, no matter how great you are or how great you become there will be people that hate you, hate on you, your physique, they will nit pick until they get tired of you and move onto someone else. Jay and Ronnie always got bashed for not deserving certain wins at the O, but that didn't stop them from doing what they love. Ced, I know you say your not tough deep down, but come on bro you lived in a desert where you built your workout machines from blocks of wood overseas. I don't care what anyone says if you can see the fire and desire in someone to be great through that then they will never see the true champion you really are. Stop apologizing for something that some people will never be able to say they did and that was turn pro and win a dam pro show. You are a great person, friend, and bodybuilder, soon to be great bodybuilder. Do YOU bro and everything will fall into place. When you win your first Olympia your still gonna have the haters there, so keep doing what you do best and not worry about the background noise....See you in NY bro!!!!!

Ditto what Guy said. Ced congrads on your win. Its one things to appreciate your fans & the boards and another to let this shit get under you skin. Man you have a long bright career ahead of you- one thing I have learned is no matter what you do or accomplish you cannot please everyone. Like Guy said- DO YOU. Also we can't win them all so you better dam well enjoy the one's you get (lol) & don't let know one still your joy. And GUY C. you are the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
      You can be mentally strong one way and weak as a lamb in other aspects. Just ask a psychologist. Some of the toughest, hard as nails bruisers break down and cry like babies when certain specific events are brought up to them and they have to confront them without the tough act.

Cedric may be tough on the battlefield whre your life in on the line, but when it comes to personal criticism, its obviously a soft spot for him.
      Very well put.

Originally posted by Tyrol3 View Post
      And you would know ruthless I still have the BFTO video where you use your segment to tell the viewers all the flaws that Dorian had in detail and then say that Flex Wheeler was a good friend of yours and in the same breath accuse him of having calf implants. Your whole segment was about trashing the other guys including Dillet and Nasser but no one else did that at all, just didn't occur to them.

My point is that people might call Cedric weak but I think he has qualities that ruthless people such as yourself wouldn't understand. Doesn't mean he won't bust his ass to win but he's not going to cut down others to get there.
      Shawn would throw a friend under bus to win no doubt while Cedric cries a little for the guys who gave it their all and didn't win. There has to be a happy middle ground between these polar opposites.

Cedrics a good guy though just maybe a bit too nice, still it's early days yet and he's still getting used to things.

Comment

• You have the potential to step into Ronnie's shoes. I have never said that about anyone else, and I do not think any other competitor has that potential to match or exceed Ronnie Coleman. You had stated you had family issues. I am glad your family is safe now, and it is clear that your dissatisfaction with your physique was due to circumstances out of your control.

You should understand that it wasn't because you weren't good enough. It wasn't because you ate and ate, and worked out and fell short. It is because you couldn't do those things at the time.

There will come a time when you will be able to do what you need to do, and then this will be a distant memory.

Do not quit. As Evan said, it isn't about one particular aspect, it is about the package, and YOU DID HAVE THE BEST PACKAGE ON THAT STAGE.

and my most, most most most most most important advice.

TAKE THE COMPLIMENTS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.. so the insults will be nothing but dust.

A quote that I live by is:

“We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”

Think about that quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
          No, I didn't celebrate... I went back to my room and sat on the patio and cried for all those guys that busted their asses and worked so hard and left the show disappointed. I know that feeling and I don't wish that on anybody. If there were forums around all those years Ronnie was taking losses, the forum people would have written him off a long time ago. All my comrades that just turned pro are saying "please give us time to become who we are destined to be in this sport" we can't come out and become number 1 like Phil, or turn pro and go to the top like Evan. We have our separate destinies to go through. No matter how we show up, we all give it everything we got. It's not like we say "I know my conditioning sucks but fuck it, I'm going to the show" or "I know I'm not big enough but so what". We all want to be our all time best and we all want to win but sometimes our destiny and/or our physiques just don't go the way we want them to. Only a couple people are blessed to show up perfect every show and then they still get shit talked about them because there clavicles are too narrow or cause the took a year off. We all are trying very hard to do good. All our careers go in different places. Some of us will eventually find a good formula and make it happen. Some of us can never figure out our body's and quit because we feel hopeless and frustrated.
          I cried because I could feel all the frustration of the guys I placed ahead of and I was sad that I won a show that the judges thought I should win but the majority of the Internet populous felt I sucked. I place others opinions ahead of my own because they look at me from the outside and view me in a way that I can't view myself. Ok, I looked like shit, I wasn't conditioned, and I was too small... If I knew it wouldn't be disrespectful to the judges, I would have not accepted first and given my placing and money to any of those guys that were up there with me. Material things are not important, being good to people, and loving people are... I cried because I got to know those guys and I love them, and it broke my heart that they didn't win... To the point that I feel I have no reason to celebrate. Guys, I apologize for getting a placing that I didnt undeniably deserved. I will keep trying to get better, and I pray to God that I can develop into a bodybuilder that everyone approves of.
          Marcus, Ev, Fou, Seth, Jason, Mike L, Manuel, Lee B, Mark A, Joel, Guy, Jeff, Shawn Rhoden, Darron Glenn, Steve Kuclo, B Ray... Y'all my dogs... I love y'all boys. One day we all we be considered some of the best
          I am so proud of you~ Takes a BIG man to pour his heart out for the world to read~ Thank you Cedric for being a TRUE Pro Body Builder with a Big Heart♥
          www.facebook.com/Paulawppt www.PaulasPersonalTraining.com

Comment

• Originally posted by majrminer View Post
            Agreed, but as bodybuilders, you're JUDGED. It's an inherent part of the sport. For the most part, I'm reading comments about how people felt he should have looked better and that a couple other guys got the shaft at this show. Certainly it sucks that Ced had traumatic family issues. I can't imagine trying to compete after losing 20 pounds. But the dude competed and needs to take the criticism. Y'all want a big contract with a supp company and whatnot (maybe not specifically YOU, but most guys do), then step up and take the heat. You're making yourselves public figures. If you can't handle message board criticism, then maybe you should stay away. If you know you cant compete at 100%, which clearly Ced knew he couldn't after losing 20 lbs because of stress and depression, then don't compete. He won though, and people are going to tell him like they see it. I thought you were from the east coast Guy? People tell it like they see it son. Nothing wrong with that, unless they get downright rude.
            I agree bro and I'm not denying that anyone who competes nationally or as a pro that there are certain aspects both good and bad that come with the territory. If people could express they constructive criticisms in the same way that they express their positive opinions about physiques it would mean a lot more and go a long way. It's one thing for telling a person, hey you were a little off, could have been tighter, you spilled over a bit, you were flat, need more size to stand up there right now with those guys, as opposed to saying, he looked like shit, he's fat, he has a gut, he sucks, he didn't deserve it. There is a way to say both good and bad opinions and I think especially in bodybuilding people lose sight of that. But I do tell it like it is was Cedric at his best, no he wasn't, he knows it, and so do a lot of people, BUT him not at his best was still GOOD ENOUGH to win the show, and the judges felt the same way. Like you said it's not wrong unless it's downright rude, and that's my point, and the reason for Cedric posting this. He's trying to change how we all talk and communicate amongst ourselves as both athletes and fans.
            It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Comment

• It said on the front page, video interview. Where is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by majrminer View Post
                If you want to refer to his character and military strengths, consider whether he follows the same rules as everyone else first.
                I guess you have me there. I have not served with him, therfore I can't truthfully say how he is as a soldier. I do know what it takes to be a soldier and that is why I made my statement. To succeed at this level, even in less then 100% shape, is incredible. Then to add the military duties into it, makes it quite the accomplishment. To say he is out of shape or lacking size, is understandable. I just felt there is no need to insult him by questioning his mental strength. I am sure that this forum thing has taken him out of his element and he is trying his best to react to all that is going on. Being attacked this way would make me defensive and confused. Plus, I suppose I would come to any military members defense.

Comment

• Comment

• you looked great! yeah it was not your best but it was enogh to beat everybody else that night!
                    I'm a fan sense I saw those pics in 09 and still am:
                    2dtawc5.jpg52m6vn.jpg11rpwjs.jpg
                    I also support what you trying to do and what you said here:

you will be Mr O' as many have said and I will be very happy to see you win this title! good luck man !

Comment

• let me tell you first and for most. you may have started slow but as the night went on you were kicking ass. i watched and was amazed. its hell doing what y'all do and but i am glad you guys do it. it keeps me motivated. you may not be big and freaky but thats whats good. keep your mind were you got it. i would rather you lose doing it right than when doing it wrong. you are not only big but in shape, and thats what body building has lost. its nice to see it coming back. so piss on everyone else. keep it up.

Comment

• Cedric i hope u see this...i wanted to do PM this but idk how. Cedric man you are a cool dude a real man, a hero even, your service to our country, your family, and bodybuilding is undeniable. No matter how you feel you deserved this win...and you did it against the odds. For this you are a true role model and i am proud to be a fan of yours and to say you will one day make it too the top. you do not need to apologize for anything...keep killin it and doing what you do, dont let speed bumps take you down you will be a legend one day, your physique is flawless...pop 10 or 15 more pounds of muscle on that physique and look out bodybuilding cause it will have a new face PERIOD, keep keeping it real and you and your family are in my prayers, ik your gonna bring it at the Ny pro. God bless brother

Comment

• Originally posted by yair2210 View Post
                          you looked great! yeah it was not your best but it was enogh to beat everybody else that night!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]241006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]241007[/ATTACH]
                          damn, I remeber when I saw those too....that started it for me too.

Comment

• Mr. Cedric, thanks for airing your feelings on it but you have no excuses. You're one of a few who would do this. That is to be commended. There's no shame in your game. Keep up the great work sir and you're a great ambassador for the sport. A good guy won the contest. It might have been close to some but you won it. Now get started on your next prep!

"Ain't nobody gonna take my pride, ain't nobody gonna hold me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin'!"

Hooo-ah!

Comment

• Originally posted by yair2210 View Post
                              you looked great! yeah it was not your best but it was enogh to beat everybody else that night!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]241006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]241007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]241008[/ATTACH]
                              I also support what you trying to do and what you said here:

you will be Mr O' as many have said and I will be very happy to see you win this title! good luck man !
                              Agree. My jaw dropped when I saw those pics.

It's exactly how I always envisioned myself one day.

Comment

• Cedric- I personally want to say that without a doubt you were the best guy on that stage. I think the package that you brought IMO should be the example for the direction Bodybuilding should be going in. There is just way to much emphasis on weight and "size" in today's game and because of that guys are ending up shredded no doubt but not in true condition. I haven't seen much of you until now and I have to say you definitely have gained a fan in me and I wish you and your family the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X