X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mihawk View Post
    Never heard of paragraphs?
    Example

Case and point....mfkers should be happy a pro athlete even came to post here with fans.

Comment

Originally posted by tight booty View Post
      A strong mind and thick skin is very important for lasting in this sport.
      Totally agree with this, most of the people on these boards have no clue, I do love coming here for the entertainment value but I wouldnt give a second thought to what people say.
      WWW.NoelFuller.com

Comment

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
        Totally agree with this, most of the people on these boards have no clue, I do love coming here for the entertainment value but I wouldnt give a second thought to what people say.
        Exactly and you would never hear Arnold back in the day care what other people thought.

Comment

Exactly and you would never hear Arnold back in the day care what other people thought.
          Bingo! I was actually going to say the same thing. If this were the 70s Arnold would be having a field day fucking with Cedrics head (however he's doing a great job by himself on himself). The Internet is the LAST place to be having an emotional breakdown.

PM that shit or talk with family and friends in person.

It's harder now cause BBrs have a finite window to deliver "perfection" but the Internet allows ANYONE to scrutinize forever....

It's a battle already lost. Don't bother fighting it. Post and respond to constructive positive and walk past the worthless negative

Comment

Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
            Bingo! I was actually going to say the same thing. If this were the 70s Arnold would be having a field day fucking with Cedrics head (however he's doing a great job by himself on himself). The Internet is the LAST place to be having an emotional breakdown.

PM that shit or talk with family and friends in person.

It's harder now cause BBrs have a finite window to deliver "perfection" but the Internet allows ANYONE to scrutinize forever....

It's a battle already lost. Don't bother fighting it. Post and respond to constructive positive and walk past the worthless negative
            And that is why I respect and admire Arnold so much, because he really bought to attention the power of the mind and how a stong mind is essential to getting to the top in bodybuilding. Cedric probably would have been better off having a pig out meal with family and friends and staying away from the internet and just enjoying his victory!

Comment

And that is why I respect and admire Arnold so much, because he really bought to attention the power of the mind and how a stong mind is essential to getting to the top in bodybuilding. Cedric probably would have been better off having a pig out meal with family and friends and staying away from the internet and just enjoying his victory!
              Agree, but I don't like the 'stay away from the internet' mentality a lot of pros adhere to. THAT to me shows mental weakness. You can't take some ribbing from a bunch of faceless nobodys? Damn... Sound like the kids committing suicide over this e-bullying nonsense.

The Internet is here and you can't hide from it.

Comment

Ced... respect man

Keep your head up and go celebrate your first pro win!
                Everyone will have a diferent opinion as too who should have won. You should not give a fuck what some people on a fourm who have probaly never competed think. I know competing takes its toll both physicaly and mentaly but after a few good meals and some rest u will feel good again

I hope u kick kai's ass at the NYP!
                Z

Comment

Big Mac...you don't need your accomplishments validated by a bunch of anonymous posters on the internet. All you can do - all any of us can do, in whatever walk of life we're in - is work hard, be you, be a good person, show our friends and families that we love them and support them and hope for the same from them, and let the chips fall where they may. Keep your head up, big guy!!! Your true fans are and always will be behind you 100%.

Comment

Cedric, you are a great competitor. I know how it feels to be called "flat" and "too skinny" I'm 6'2" and barely way 200 lbs and I have been working out for 7 years. But I never let anyone (even my family) get to me too much when it comes to my own physique. You are the epitome of bodybuilding, I strive to look like you. You walked on stage in Orlando with basically the same bone structure as Arnold but had probably 20-30 lbs more muscle than him...and people wanna hate? That is just ridiculous. Maybe you can (and have) started a revolution in our sport where symmetry and shape are just as important as size.
                    Don't ever give up. Don't even think people don't have your back. Any one of these haters would love to talk to you one on one and get advice and train with you. They just wanna be tough on the internet bc it's easy. What's not easy is doing what you have done, winning a pro show, supporting your family, and standing up to the haters on these forums. I hope I meet you one day so I can remind you in person of all this stuff. Have a good one.

-Parker-

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnage View Post
                      Example

Case and point....mfkers should be happy a pro athlete even came to post here with fans.
                      lol. As if they have anything else to do. Most of them are practicaly jobless, sitting on their asses all day, eating, sleeping and pinning their asses. Those guys lurk on the board but hardly post and if they do it would be only because they are paid to or a thread about their sorry ass pops up. I also laugh with the word "athletes"..no comment.
                      And im not talking about Cedric in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
                        Well, if u believe the things u have said about me is to help and encourage me and assist me in becoming a better bodybuilder, then I thank u. I don't know how tough u are mentally and emotionally, but I can tell u, it hurts when u see people that at your best, support u fully, then when they're not satisfied with how they look, they make a lot of comments about u that are not constructive at all... Instead it feels like that person regrets the fact that they supported u in the first place, so they make comments based on there disappointment. Do u realize how much we as competitors want to please all the bodybuilding fans... Even those of us that put up a front like they don't care, inside they really do. Trust me... The things we read on the boards don't make us want to go home and try harder to please y'all or prove y'all wrong, or shut up the haters... It makes some of us not even come on the forums to interact with fans... It makes us want to quit so people can find somebody else to criticize. Every pro I've talked to says "stay the fuck away from the boards".... Why? Because it can be very discouraging. I know everyone on here don't give a damn how we feel because of the comments they post, and will prob talk even more shit when they realize that it does affects us. I just wish everybody on these boards could get in our shoes and go through a diet, feel good about the results and then get slaughtered on the boards. All the legends never had to experience this, and that's why they stuck around through the ups and downs long enough to become legends.
                        We all are trying our best
                        Cedric, you won't ever reason with or change the thought process of the so called fans of bodybuilding that roam these boards, of the population of the entire board, you could fit the genuine bodybuilding fans in one car, not even a big one!!

People seem to think pro's have no life other than getting ready for shows and trying to impress them, things in your prep don't always go right and they don't seem to realise you guys have contractual obligations such as specific contests or a pre-determined number of shows per year in which you need to compete, whether you want to or not!!

Just dust ya big ass off, forget about this show ans focus your energy into the next show you are aiming for, forget the so called fans. Do this for you, for the legacy you know and your genuine followers know you can have, the fans of this sport are as fickle as hell, they flip flop like a fish out of water, but they are I suppose, exactly the same as almost all fans of all sports. None of them can do more than dream of being in your position or attaining a physique like yours so the bitterness manifests and grows. They come here and breaking you down when you're vulnerable, makes them feel better about themselves and they can hide their insecurities behind a user name and an avatar of anything but themselves.

Your time here is massively appreciated by myself and the rest of your genuine supporters, the haters gon' hate no matter what you do, what you say, forget about them.

Its nice to see such a humble and brutally honest pro amongst us. I know you have plans of maintaining your position with the military, but maybe this could be one of the first signs for your sponsors to step up and support you to the point where you don't need to maintain a job to fall back on. Your potential stops at the Mr.Olympia crown. The industry needs to support you and the potential you have, you are helping change the tide back to the ideals of bodybuilding being about having a great PHYSIQUE not just a big body!

Keep goin man.

Comment

• Right-on Cedric! Be proud as you guys are indeed among the best!!!
                          Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
                          Marcus, Ev, Fou, Seth, Jason, Mike L, Manuel, Lee B, Mark A, Joel, Guy, Jeff, Shawn Rhoden, Darron Glenn, Steve Kuclo, B Ray... Y'all my dogs... I love y'all boys. One day we all we be considered some of the best

Comment

• Bringing up jobless and such, I respect the shit out of Cedric. Why? He's got a family, a job, still posts on the forum and is a model professional. Let's all remember a pro, that doesn't have a job, was probably never gainfully employed, took part in some really shady things, no family, spent months in prep with only his coach and showed up to the biggest event of the year still looking like shit.
                            Mike L., btw, be proud of your showing. If you had better color at prejudging, I think you could have placed higher.

Comment

• TRUTH
                              Originally posted by laz76 View Post
                              Man, fuck the internet. We've completely lost respect for the people we claim to be "fans" of and in turn have lost our self-respect in the process. I can understand if one of the other competitors from the show who busted his ass comes on here and says he was upset because he felt he should have won or placed higher than whoever, but to have guys who will never look like anything more than Richie Cunningham in a weight belt talking shit for the sake of talking shit at the expense of someone who just competely busted his ass to really bring it at this show, what incentive is anyone going to have anymore to want to compete and do shows? Maybe once or twice a year to keep their face out, but that's it.

Cedric's last show everybody said he wasn't conditioned enough. So he busted his ass. Yeah, he came in a little flat, but you could see how depleted he looked even in the paparazzi photos. The man damn near killed himself to make the improvements everyone said he needed to make and now he's too flat. Eugune looked the best I've seen EUGENE look, but that doesn't mean he looked better than Cedric or everybody else.

I could see if it was a few people here and there getting into it with King Kamali from a few years back or someone else who was a big shit-talker cause that's part of their game. Cedric is a gentleman and carries so much respect for his fellow competitors and his fans. To take someone so humble who worked his ass off to win and then bash the shit out of him really shows no class at all. Mayor I'm not calling you out individually I'm talking about everyone on here quick to pop off on these guys, but IMO you owe Ced an apology for being so nice to his face at a show so you can post up a picture with him, and then coming on here after he wins to start the type of thread that will get alot of attention and responses just to be an attention whore. Thing is, Ced is such a good guy, next time you see him, he'll say it's all good and still take that fuckin picture. If it was me I'd tell you to fuck off after what you just did to him.

Comment

• I'd like to instead think positive about Cedric's state of mind and suggest he found a nice way to say fuck-off. Big props to him. I'm more of a fan on a daily basis.

Originally posted by Noel Fuller View Post
                                Cedric is depleted and maybe a bit hormonal after dieting a long time , he isnt weak minded just coming off a contest, after a few good meals and a bit of time I'm sure his attitude will be different.
                                Last edited by MusclepapaJohn; May 1st, 2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X