X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly_1
    replied
    MOB is a beanbag..
    Cedric don't let these people get at you.. you are one of the best to come around in awhile, you know it and so do I so never mind the haters..

Leave a comment:

• IFBB PRO SEAN ALLAN
    replied
    WOW...First an foremost Congrats to Cedric...Keep your head up Champ...You gotta have "TOUGH SKIN" in this sport my man...You shouldnt have to come on No Forum an defend yourself...The Judges rewarded you an NOBODY can take that away from you...Of course Im sure you might have wanted to look Bigger or Better etc but the TRUTH of the matter is,YOU WON...Enjoy that Victory an use the Negative comments etc as fuel to motivate you to come back bigger n better...Thats the best advice I can give you...

I met Cedric here on MD an as we all know,Bodybuilders have egos an not Every bodybuilder is friends with there Competition...Some take it Very Personal...Cedric is not one of them guys...He is a Very Friendly down to earth guy...After I won the JRS in 2008,He emailed me an gave me props an said,How did you get your Tall Frame to pack on so much muscle an I RESPECTED him from that point on...How many Top LEVEL competitors ask others for advice? Very few...Another example of the man he is,The Year Cedric turned Pro at Nationals,We all was going to early weigh-ins etc an I was sitting in the back of expo by myself,When Cedric walks up peacefully to me with that Big OLE SMILE saying DAWG,IM NERVOUS AS SHIT...You gotta show me how you stay so calm through this shit...haha...It was his 1st shot at his Pro Card an HE WON...I was in the 1st callout with him an he was battling side by side on stage having a blast an after we got off stage,He said dam BIG DAWG you just Punked me on stage an we both just started laughing...The point im making is,Its much more to life then Bodybuilding...This man Represented our Country...My hat goes off to him...Keep training hard Champ an REMEMBER, ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE..We Live in Learn Big Dawg...On to the next one...

Leave a comment:

• allnatural42
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    Evgeny Mishin looked like crap, he has horrible shape, a poor bone structure and a very thick waist. Third place was a gift.
    If that's the case, how does branch Warren win the Arnold classic and the flex pro?

Leave a comment:

• KYbodybuilder
    replied
    Originally posted by Weltweite View Post

A quote that I live by is:

“We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”

Think about that quote.
    fantastic quote

Leave a comment:

• evilive138
    replied
    Just be at ease in the fact that you wont end up on the back of MOBs shirt.

Leave a comment:

• J.M.N.
    replied
    Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    DAMN! This needs to be turned into a metal plaque and hung in every gym!
    Agreed...that made for an awesome read

Leave a comment:

• tiny tim
    replied
    Originally posted by thaley View Post
    Big ced Got nuthin but love for ya bro.... Dont let them mistake your kind heart and gental nature for weakness. Some people pray on that shit real talk man. You have better structure and lines than all who competed this weekend. I told you what God has given you is off the charts bro!!! You have the choice as what you want to do with it. Yes i would have love to win but i didnt and im fine with that so please my friend be happy for you and your family. Yo ass got some diapers to buy now lol!!! What we taked about and what we shared with each other was more than this show my friend. See you soon
    Props on your placing also Marcus...not bad at all.

Leave a comment:

• tiny tim
    replied
    Originally posted by mcmillan View Post
    Well, if u believe the things u have said about me is to help and encourage me and assist me in becoming a better bodybuilder, then I thank u. I don't know how tough u are mentally and emotionally, but I can tell u, it hurts when u see people that at your best, support u fully, then when they're not satisfied with how they look, they make a lot of comments about u that are not constructive at all... Instead it feels like that person regrets the fact that they supported u in the first place, so they make comments based on there disappointment. Do u realize how much we as competitors want to please all the bodybuilding fans... Even those of us that put up a front like they don't care, inside they really do. Trust me... The things we read on the boards don't make us want to go home and try harder to please y'all or prove y'all wrong, or shut up the haters... It makes some of us not even come on the forums to interact with fans... It makes us want to quit so people can find somebody else to criticize. Every pro I've talked to says "stay the fuck away from the boards".... Why? Because it can be very discouraging. I know everyone on here don't give a damn how we feel because of the comments they post, and will prob talk even more shit when they realize that it does affects us. I just wish everybody on these boards could get in our shoes and go through a diet, feel good about the results and then get slaughtered on the boards. All the legends never had to experience this, and that's why they stuck around through the ups and downs long enough to become legends.
    We all are trying our best
    Wow, that's a pretty revealing post about the way pro's really feel. You really opened up on that one Ced, bravo brother!
    You just made a fan for life here. Keep at it and you will get what you deserve. It takes a lot for you to actually come on here and
    read the shit that a lot of "non"-bodybuilders wright. I won't even post contest pics because I don't want some punk that has no idea how hard this shit really is
    pissing me off!

You are so totally right about the older pros not having to put up with this internet stuff.
    It's a blessing and a curse, this forum stuff.
    There are some great people on here but there are a lot of people who speak of things they know nothing about just to piss people off.

You have a long road ahead of you, don't let these people get you down.
    Your going to be around for a while I'm quite sure, you have a lot of heart and thats what it takes.

Well, that and some kick-ass genetics!!
    Later, timi

Leave a comment:

• RockyIII
    replied
    Mike, clean your pm box!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Arnold
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
    The Cedric we see now is really just the tip of the iceberg - in time he is going to be something the likes of which is only seen in the sport every 10-15 years.
    You are absolutely correct.

After listening to Ced's interview and hearing him explain exactly what happened with his family, I can see exactly why he dropped 20 lbs. Previously I had questioned his level of dedication, due to his other commitments, which he appears to put first, such as his military career, etc...but when it comes to his current set of circumstances, that is as good of an excuse as any for why he dropped 20 lbs. My empathy goes out to Cedric for his family. Please keep in mind that my above comment regarding him appearing to place BB'ing under his job is in no way passing judgment on his decision being right or wrong...it is purely a personal choice and for many people...it may very well be the right one. However, as fans, when see a man like Ced who actually does have the potential to be a "once in a generation" pro, we all want to see him take full advatantge of that because unlike so many other pros in which their chances of winning the top title are either very low or non-existent no matter how much effort they put in, Cedric actually DOES have the potential to hold the Mr.Olymia crown.

A note regarding Ced's condition. I have stated previously that his codnition was not as good as it was when he won the nationals. When I made this comment, I was referring to the totality of the word "condition", which entails bodyfat, water, AND fullness. After re-valuating the pics, it was apparent that Ced's bodyfat was as low as ever, but as we all know, being flat can reduce the appearance of muscle speration, muscle hardness, and make the skin look a bit thicker due to the muscles not pressing out against the skin as forcefully. This in itself can make a BB'r "appear" to be less conditioned, even though his BF may be as low or lower than his previous best.

Since Lee Haney...we have not seen a structure like Cedric's...and combined with what we have available today, Cedric can do so much with his body that it really boggles the mind. I am fully convinced, regardless of what Cedric believes, that he is nowhere even close to fullfilling his true potential. It is almost as of we are seeing the amatuer version of Cedric right now, who is still working on getting his pro card....because he is truly that far away from maximiming his true potential. He Reminds me of an early 90's Ronnie....back when the guy was just a shadow of what he would become. Just like Ronnie didn't know what he would look like 10 years later in 2003...so i believe it is the same with Cedric.

I think Shawn Ray gave some good advice in another thread...when, to parapharse, he said a Mr.Olympia hopeful can't concern himself with the opinions of others....and then went on to describe how those in his day who were at the very top of the sport, including those who held the Olympia title and those gunning for it, didn't give a shit about opinions. Listening to the opinions of others makes one doubt their own course, and when we begin to doubt in this fashion, we lose the ability to focus on the task ahead with laser-like precision because the road hasn't been laid-out...there are too many detours, instead of taking the straight road.

Congrats, Cedric.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Harris
    replied
    The Cedric we see now is really just the tip of the iceberg - in time he is going to be something the likes of which is only seen in the sport every 10-15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Lex1247
    replied
    Cedric, I hope you are reading this because I just wanna say you have your TRUE fans who support you no matter what. I've never met you in person (I hope to someday), but you've given us plenty to look up to and inspire to become. You are a true champion, not only on the bodybuilding stage but in life. Thank you for your military service to our Country! God Bless you and your family.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• dirk1984
    replied
    Go kick some ass in NY bro and forget about idiots like MOB!
    You have a very classic "realistic" physique if you understand what I mean.
    Huge,yes,but in proportion and that is what looks the best!
    You're the man CEDRIC,all the best!

Leave a comment:

• Rod747
    replied
    Originally posted by 5JumpChump View Post
    I never respond to any forum, but you are a moron if what you said was not a joke. How can a man deployed in a combat zone, away from his family, not have any mental strength? How can he continue to serve his country while reaching for his bodybuilding goals be without mental strength? Have you served in the military? Do you realize how often you are away from your loved ones and your hopes and dreams are put on hold, all for the priviledge of protecting morons like you? Finally, I guess you think that it takes no mental strength to read all these attacks on you by people who have no clue about you or what it takes for you to accomplish your goals? That takes balls to read and respond, knowing that you will be attacked by a pack of ignorant wannabes. To all the other losers that are cutting Cedric down, get a life. For him to show-up and be competitive at this level, while doing a real job is amazing. Do you all write to a baseball player who should've be out at first, but wasn't, to tell him he sucks? No matter how much you defend your comments as constructive, it's not. The guy gets his first pro win and a bunch of you skewer him. Pure ignorance and jealousy. You all should apologize if you participated in cutting him down. Sorry, for the rant.

Congrats, Cedric.
    You should respond to forums more often, that was a great response to a dumb statement.

Leave a comment:

• bigmikecox
    replied
    Most people that talk shit on here, look like shit and it makes them feel better when others fail. Fuck them. Cash that check and go on to NY.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X