Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler Poses at Cutler Classic & Ron Harris asks Jay "if he gets 5 will he call it quits?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lifepulse View Post
    Yes, when Jay nails it, he looks great. That's why he's a fan favorite, and consistently has been since 2001. But that said: even in 2009, his conditioning was not even remotely close to Dorian at his worst. (Even if you like Jay's look better, Dorian was still leagues harder).

I have never been a big Jay fan. In 2005, when I went to my first Olympia and saw the whole hometown crowd booing Ronnie and cheering on Jay, it turned my stomach. But that said, the man has earned my respect over the years. He has an unbelievable work ethic, and he kept coming back and trying again and again and again to win the Olympia. Most people would have quit LONG before taking 2nd place four years running. Not Jay. He had the utmost belief in himself, and I think that's amazing. Furthermore, I'm impressed quite a bit that he has taken his physique to the next level in 2009 and 2010, and it looks like he's on track to do it again this year.

All of that said-- and I really say this with as much respect as possible for the man, for he has accomplished FAR more than any of us could ever DREAM of-- I truly do not think he will go down as one of the "all-time greats". Jay is having an awesome run, but it just so happens to be at a time when pro-bodybuilding is weaker than it has been in ages. Arnold, Haney, Dorian and Coleman will long be considered the legends of the sport. Jay will be right near them, but not held to that same level.

-lifepulse
    Sorry but I completely disagree! I`ve been following BB for more than 20 years now, and I`ve always been such a crazy fan of Yates that my closest friends still call me Dorian, but I must be frank, Dorian`s conditioning has always been amazing (expecially in 1993 and 1995 he was almost skinless!!!) but he has never shown any leg and triceps striations and also his glutes was not as shredded as Phil`s. I also have to admit that in the past I`ve never been a great fan of Jay, I simply did not like his stocky shape, but 2009 Mr. O. changed everything!!! He transformed himself in something completely different, and his conditioning was unrivalled! It is hard to make comparison with bodybilders of the past but in 2009 Jay would have probably given hard times to Ronnie at his best and would have easily beaten the best Yates!

By the way: I love you Dorian!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X