Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

THE HARRIS REPORT PART TWO: 2011 NPC Nationals FINALS - What a Show!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE HARRIS REPORT PART TWO: 2011 NPC Nationals FINALS - What a Show!!

2011 NPC Nationals Finals Report
    By Ron Harris

This was the largest NPC Nationals in the show’s nearly 30-year history, with over 900 competitors (thanks the newer divisions). The overall quality was outstanding, with many of the classes being extremely tough to call.

Ron Hackaspker

Ron Hackaspker was one of the easier decisions as bantamweight winner. His strong powerlifting background gave him the muscle density to tackle this class with relative ease. You don’t get pecs and quads like this guy had without moving a lot of heavy iron.

Luis Santiago

The lightweights came down to two men named Luis. Luis Moreno was thick and had great quads as well as tremendous confidence onstage, but had to settle for runner-up. Luis Santiago won with a rounder, fuller look, set off by a smaller waist.

J.B. Bartlett

In the welterweights, my pick for the win, Julius Rumingan, took third place due to his condition just not being hard enough. But future winner? You know it. USA welter champ Victor Delcampo brought a lot of thick muscle to the stage in second place, but he has a boxy structure that detracts from his shape. J.B. Bartlett kicked ass with a superb overall package and blinding condition.

Alan Bailey

Steve Silverman, middleweight runner-up, was thick as a freaking tank. If he had been a little sharper and kept his gut sucked in, he would have won. Instead, Alan Bailey swept the division with a nice balance of size, shape, and condition. Just as a note, I heard Ronald Torres, fifth place, was upset at how I called him out on his color and condition. I stand by what I said. He showed up tonight much darker, and looked so much better. No diss to Bailey, but Ronald had the best physique up there if he had been dialed in. I just hate to see someone like that NOT make the most of God-given gifts.

Marco Rivera, Darron Glenn, Cory Mathews and Benny Brantly

Pre-contest light-heavy favorite Darron Glenn could only manage third place. He has a hell of a physique, but his quads need to be a lot harder and more separated. Best potential in the class was fourth place Cory Matthews from Texas – this guy is a FREAK!!! Benny Brantly took second with a killer structure and may have won had he been harder. Winning the class was Marco Rivera from the Bronx, who was thick, shredded, and owned the stage with total confidence.

An Nguyen

There were some good Heavies, but just as I thought, An Nguyen won with a perfect score. Before even talking about the Overall, which he did not get, I feel he will make the best pro of them all. He has excellent size, shape, and structure.

Yersky, Mone, Todd Jewell, Jemmott, Charles

The Supers was probably full of the most surprises. Drew Jemmott seemed to be a lock for second, but wound up in fourth. Thick and round Max Charles was all the way up in second, with wide Brian Yerskey in third. Winning was 265-pound Todd Jewell, who nearly died of appendicitis a year ago. He has loads and loads of striated beef, just too much to deal with for the other guys.

Overall Champion Todd Jewell

And the Overall did go to big Todd, who joins an elite group of Overall National champs that includes Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, and Evan Centopani. Congrats to all the class winners, who now move on to the IFBB. Good night from Miami Beach!

what about that Jason Genova Video?

Comment

Originally posted by jh34pg View Post
      LOL. This is all you care about?
      "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

Comment

Originally posted by jh34pg View Post
        Jason posted a video the other day after the training with Ron, to tell the world he isn't competing this month like he promised. He looked sooooo sad haha. But he was supposed to compete in the next few weeks and looked 29 weeks out so it's for the best. Sounded like he really respects Ron Harris.

Comment

Wow the Super heavies look great!!! All of them are in great condition.. better than many pro comps!

Comment

Max Charles impresses me the most, in that shot above anyway! Monster.
            MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
              Max should be a pro fairly soon. Little more legs and little sharper condition and I don't see anyone out there right now beating him.
              Muscular Development Online Editor
              FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

Is the genova video coming out soon? He keeps mentioning the advice that ron gave him, and he's changed his training style a lot in his last few videos.

Comment

Originally posted by bmazz88 View Post
                  Is the genova video coming out soon? He keeps mentioning the advice that ron gave him, and he's changed his training style a lot in his last few videos.
                  Butch says the audio sucks and they need to get me a microphone - hopefully this video makes it! It was really windy outside where we did the interview. I thought it was a good idea because we had the ocean and boats in the background, but in the gym would have sounded better.
                  FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Comment

I had a feeling you guys wouldn't get picked up, I could barely hear jason talking myself near the end. Maybe you can subtitle it for the parts that go too low
                    Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
                    http://swoletra.com

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
                      I had a feeling you guys wouldn't get picked up, I could barely hear jason talking myself near the end. Maybe you can subtitle it for the parts that go too low
                      It's weird - he's loud in his own videos. You could tell he was really nervous shooting with us though.

Comment

Originally posted by Giles View Post
                        agree. one to watch.

Comment

Hey Ron! Did MD photo shoot Max Charles?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpure View Post
                            Hey Ron! Did MD photo shoot Max Charles?
                            Don't know. Sean Andros would know the answer though.

Comment

Working...
                            X