Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

From the Hospital Bed to the NPC National Title! Todd Jewell Photoshoot & Brush With Death!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thechamp View Post
    what!?! bro the dealbreaker was not roids. Jeeze to all boneheads who assume roids messed his life up.. He almost was killed due to freaky, unlucky b.s!
    He had was his gallbladder removed and in-turn was a blessing as the dr saw he had an appendicitis. I know of several people getting these parts removed, no just bbers. Roids or whatever he is still human, no auto answer saying ohh it's roids that did this! really bro!?
    EXACTLY!! If a regular person had the same health problems, people would say "Ohh that sucks for you buddy"!! BUT if a bodybuilder has those same health problems people will say "DUDE it's all the drugs he's taking, wake up dude"!!

Comment

AWESOME INSPIRATION CONGRATS ON GOING PRO!

Comment

Originally posted by themakcompany View Post
        What I don't get is how does he go through all this with all the hospital visits, emergency doc, internists etc. and discuss is steriod abuse? I can't imagine first how embarrassing and second clearly the docs must have been in shock at what he was doing to himself. I'm glad he's recovered but bro, wake up call?
        I had my appendicitis removed due to inflammation when I was 13 years old...I guess that must have been from all the roids I was taking back in 7th grade?...Educate yourself before lecturing others or else you involuntarily sound as dumb as you unknowingly are.

Comment

Todd,
          Congrats on winning and getting your IFBB Pro Card. It's seems from your story that it was one hell of a fight and a struggle and glad to see that you pushed through and did not give up on your dreams. Definitly and inspiration and good luck to you in your pro career and God Bless.

Comment

those photoshoots look tiring as sht

Comment

That must have been the worst experience every.

Calling your mom from you death bed is insane.

That's when the realities of life must really set home.
              www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

He's a proper big lump, could do well as a pro...
                MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Todd has survived alot of advesity and he has some very good calves too! I look foward to seeing Todd compete as a pro next year!

Comment

Wow, what a story!! Much respect for what he went through and how he didn't let it stop him!! TRue champion! I hope he is very successful as a pro
                    IFBB Figure Pro Laurie "Freak Diesel" Green
                    *facebook.com/LaurieSchnelle*[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                      Todd has survived alot of advesity and he has some very good calves too! I look foward to seeing Todd compete as a pro next year!
                      LOL I guess the good calves cancel out almost dying.
                      www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

Didn't mean any harm. Just saying I wonder what happens when you go to the doctor and then they have to check all your blood work and they start asking about the juice. Docs go wild over this and with all the recent premature deaths in bodybuilding it is scary.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by snachito View Post
                          EXACTLY!! If a regular person had the same health problems, people would say "Ohh that sucks for you buddy"!! BUT if a bodybuilder has those same health problems people will say "DUDE it's all the drugs he's taking, wake up dude"!!
                          While I agree with you here the question is did steroids aggravate his situation? It seems too coincidental that a lot of bodybuilders with health problems us the cliché steroids had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Congrats to Todd for winning his pro card, it is an inspirational story of the human spirit, he never gave up on his goal/dream to turn pro even after all these health issues he had to deal with.
                            "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

Originally posted by kyle.cavnar View Post
                              +-----TROLL SHIELD ENGAGED-----+

^^^ I'm extremely impressed with your imagination. You single?

Comment

Working...
                              X