Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler gets mobbed by fans in India at Bodybuilding Seminar.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Kind of like a reverse Outsourcing Scenario?
    Absolutely Mike! By the way, great videos! We all appreciate them and your great descriptions.

By the way, I heard you are improving your photography. if you use a Nikon DSLR, I HIGHLY recommend the 50mm 1.4f (more expensive) 1.8f fixed (less expensive) non-zoom lens. GREAT for subjects/portraits, especially in darker rooms. Flash often washes out tones and shadows, and these lenses can be shot without flash in simple candle light with crisp results and natural looking light. Just have to hold it steady or have a tripod.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

Originally posted by majrminer View Post
      Absolutely Mike! By the way, great videos! We all appreciate them and your great descriptions.

By the way, I heard you are improving your photography. if you use a Nikon DSLR, I HIGHLY recommend the 50mm 1.4f (more expensive) 1.8f fixed (less expensive) non-zoom lens. GREAT for subjects/portraits, especially in darker rooms. Flash often washes out tones and shadows, and these lenses can be shot without flash in simple candle light with crisp results and natural looking light. Just have to hold it steady or have a tripod.
      To clarify, the 50mm Nikon 1.4f or 1.8f lens. Here's a link to the 1.8f at Amazon, for about $100. Very affordable and makes for pro-grade shots at a relatively low price.

If you want a great Nikon lens that shoots beautiful color in low light, but you want photos that can show "the whole group," (rather than just one or two subjects), get the 35mm 1.8f lens. It's about $200. Really, you wouldn't believe how good it is until you tried it yourself.

Sorry for all the posts tonight.

Comment

To clarify, the 50mm Nikon 1.4f or 1.8f lens. Here's a link to the 1.8f at Amazon, for about $100. Very affordable and makes for pro-grade shots at a relatively low price.

If you want a great Nikon lens that shoots beautiful color in low light, but you want photos that can show "the whole group," (rather than just one or two subjects), get the 35mm 1.8f lens. It's about $200. Really, you wouldn't believe how good it is until you tried it yourself.

Sorry for all the posts tonight.
        You and I must meet for tea in a bedouin tent sitiing on large carpets. Our topics of discussion would vary from politics to bodybuilding, from economics to the impact of RockyIII's posts on the Flora and Fauna on the Australian Continent.
        "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Comment

Kind of depends. if you go with a tax-bracket approach, people who make $379,151 or more annually, regardless of filing single or married, pay 35% tax. I'll tell you FEW people actually end up paying that full 35%. They'd have to be oblivious if they did.

Not sure what Jay's total income is, nor what his total write-offs are. If you take a normal scenario and say that the average individual making $1 MIL or more per year pays 17% tax after write-offs and lying... It could be as low as $17,000 on every $100,000 he makes.

That's why Obama wants to increase the taxes on the "super-rich." The middle class pays more (but only based on percentage of salary) than the rich. The rich, however, pay TONS more in total taxes. Highly paid athletes pay millions/year in taxes. He says extra tax on the super-rich will help the economy, which is not true. The super-rich are the job creators, and without them investing their own cash into their businesses/hiring people, the economy won't produce more jobs. Also, from a U.S. economic standpoint, the total amount of extra tax on the few "super-rich" isn't enough to put a scratch in the budget deficit. You'd be better off fighting white-collar crime, which causes an approximate $250 BIL loss per year in the U.S. (Sorry, I didn't mean to get political, but this helps people understand what Jay deals with financially and what we're all looking at as a country economically... hoping for "CHANGE").

As a peon, I'd rather have super-rich people providing my next job than being taxed even more and thus reducing my pay or axing my job. I think people hoot and holler "TAX THE RICH!" without thinking. It's jealousy in its simplest form.
          spoken like a true neo-republican
          I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
          JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            You and I must meet for tea in a bedouin tent sitiing on large carpets. Our topics of discussion would vary from politics to bodybuilding, from economics to the impact of RockyIII's posts on the Flora and Fauna on the Australian Continent.
            You got it man. I'll get on the carpet and chat as long as you set me up with a hookah and some apple-flavored sticky tobacco, some medium rare steaks, and a thick German beer, and I'll be happy as a pig in shit.

Originally posted by RockyIII View Post
            spoken like a true neo-republican
            ^ LMAO, until you met me, you'd have every right to think that... I have plenty of views on issues that would categorize me as Libertarian and Liberal as well. Politically confused, some may say, but I consider myself fairly common sense and mindful of others. I don't think I'm right about everything (my knowledge on the history of the world is greater than most, and that ain't saying much) and I can discuss politics civilly. Unfortunately for me, the way things are run, I'd never be able to have my druthers. I'm always going to be disgruntled on some spectrum of issues, no matter who is in office. Fuck.

I guess I'll stick with lifting weights and having disproportionately massive calves. I'll take my calves over a Bentley any day. LOL

Comment

Here's some pictures from the event:

"What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Comment

Politically confused, some may say, but I consider myself fairly common sense and mindful of others. I don't think I'm right about everything (my knowledge on the history of the world is greater than most, and that ain't saying much) and I can discuss politics civilly. Unfortunately for me, the way things are run, I'd never be able to have my druthers. I'm always going to be disgruntled on some spectrum of issues, no matter who is in office. Fuck.

I guess I'll stick with lifting weights and having disproportionately massive calves. I'll take my calves over a Bentley any day. LOL
                Amen! The "tax the rich" class warfare bullshit is getting old. I used to watch the news and keep up on politics, but it got old fast and that left a void that BB filled.

Comment

Originally posted by NCFreedom View Post
                  Amen! The "tax the rich" class warfare bullshit is getting old. I used to watch the news and keep up on politics, but it got old fast and that left a void that BB filled.
                  Me Too! We just need to kick the BUMS off Welfare and we will have a better country! Get A Job!

Comment

Lot of tax for that, and no loophole to exempt it or even prorate it, as you have to be out of the country for 330 consecutive days. Keep paying those taxes, Jay! Bring that money back from India TO the U.S.!!! I love this.
                    Really? When I was working on cruise liners I just had to prove that I was out of the country for 180 days.

Comment

damn, that left arm aint looking right! he needs to have it checked ASAP!
                      I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
                      JESUS THE CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Forklift View Post
                        Really? When I was working on cruise liners I just had to prove that I was out of the country for 180 days.
                        The tax law differs depending on where you reside, where you call home, what kind of work you do, etc. As a private contractor working overseas (which I believe Jay Cutler would be considered), you must meet a time requirement. Not sure if or when it was changed, but it's called the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, and in order for it to be tax-free as a contractor, you must stay out of the U.S. for 330 days.

Comment

Working...
                        X