Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gregg Valentino and Dayna Maleton Interview the Winners (and more) at the 2011 Team Universe

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Great Interview By Gregg and Ron in second place is fantastic and its great that Ron is a very important part of MD!
    ^^THIS
    Overcome

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Durand View Post
      the two most important members on MD

Comment

great interviews..GV is one funny SOB....even when he is screwing around and has no idea what he is doing, he still manages to make me lmao....

in response to the guy who was sub-par and looked like he never lifted a day in his life...I honestly don't think the interview was done to belittle him, even though when he hit those poses I couldn't help but laugh a little...I think the point was to show that no matter what you look like each and everyone of us has a drive inside to better ourselves...it shows the passion for bodybuilding, whether your a gym rat or someone who competes...

Comment

Please don't let Gregg Valentino do any more interviews...what a wast of time for both the competitors he's interviewing and for us the viewers MD has lost some status with this type of presentation and speaking of presentations why is this guy steave on stage mocking the sport of bodybuilding, i can only wonder how pissed off the competitor who had this clown steave posing next to him felt...months, hours and hard dieting when to hell with steve taking away the attention with his clown act. Is Vince Mcmahon running now the IFBB and the NPC by letting Steve clown around on stage...hey IFBB lets let steve come on stage and do his clown act while Jay Cutler is doing his posing routein at the Mr. Olympia.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbar View Post
            Please don't let Gregg Valentino do any more interviews...what a wast of time for both the competitors he's interviewing and for us the viewers MD has lost some status with this type of presentation and speaking of presentations why is this guy steave on stage mocking the sport of bodybuilding, i can only wonder how pissed off the competitor who had this clown steave posing next to him felt...months, hours and hard dieting when to hell with steve taking away the attention with his clown act. Is Vince Mcmahon running now the IFBB and the NPC by letting Steve clown around on stage...hey IFBB lets let steve come on stage and do his clown act while Jay Cutler is doing his posing routein at the Mr. Olympia.
            Amen to that, brother. Thank you.
            "Aint nothin to it but to do it!" - RC

Comment

Originally posted by illuzions View Post
              great interviews..GV is one funny SOB....even when he is screwing around and has no idea what he is doing, he still manages to make me lmao....

in response to the guy who was sub-par and looked like he never lifted a day in his life...I honestly don't think the interview was done to belittle him, even though when he hit those poses I couldn't help but laugh a little...I think the point was to show that no matter what you look like each and everyone of us has a drive inside to better ourselves...it shows the passion for bodybuilding, whether your a gym rat or someone who competes...
              If that guy was there because he actually wanted to compete he either has a mental deficit or an outrageous dysmorphic disorder. Turns out, this guy shows up everywhere and does this - this isn't his first rodeo. I noticed that even myself when I was watching the clip of them I watched Steve more than the actual competitor. Just as everyone else said - I would be pissed if I was the other guy. Especially since Steve came and successfully did what he tried to do was to take the attention and make a mockery of this.

We all have been to the gym and get the dirty looks from the folks doing the 5lb shoulder presses during our heavy squat or deadlift set (some have evacuated the area and joined Planet Fitness.) This is one of those guys who actually paid his entry fees and took it a step further.

Comment

Originally posted by smittypt View Post
                If that guy was there because he actually wanted to compete he either has a mental deficit or an outrageous dysmorphic disorder. Turns out, this guy shows up everywhere and does this - this isn't his first rodeo. I noticed that even myself when I was watching the clip of them I watched Steve more than the actual competitor. Just as everyone else said - I would be pissed if I was the other guy. Especially since Steve came and successfully did what he tried to do was to take the attention and make a mockery of this.

We all have been to the gym and get the dirty looks from the folks doing the 5lb shoulder presses during our heavy squat or deadlift set (some have evacuated the area and joined Planet Fitness.) This is one of those guys who actually paid his entry fees and took it a step further.
                So I just watched the interview with this guy and I take what I said back. After watching this, judging by the way he speaks and his demeanor, he probably does have some level of psychological disorder. If so, then its an ethical problem. Or, maybe he is one hell of an actor and what I said before of the mockery is true. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by illuzions View Post

As much as I appreciate the sentiment, and the attempt to NOT be cynical, I don't think you're right. That competitor-- Steve-- has been around for a while, and is pretty well-known. In fact, he was the major subject of Mike Pulcinella's mini-documentary, "The Clueless Competitor", which I'm guessing you can still find on youtube. That Steve dude has been the source of numerous debates here on the boards, like whether or not there should be a "minimum standard" set for competing in ANY show, etc. So with Greg's interview, he knew damn well who he was interviewing, and even though Steve is a positive guy, he's clearly not "all there"-- and in that sense, I think it was purposely supposed to be a funny interview. I mean, let's face it, Greg V doesn't exactly have a rep for being a Puritan or a Saint-- nothing is sacred to the man, and he would have no problem belittling that Steve guy, for right or wrong.

-lifepulse

Comment

"whether or not there should be a "minimum standard" set for competing in ANY show, etc." You would think there would be. As much as I'm a fan of other sports there's no way I could (or should) play, even at an amateur level. It's not mean, it's just the way it is. My time would be better spent doing something I'm good at. That's my thought anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
                      Gregg didn't belittle Steve at all IMO. If he talked to him like he was speaking to a child, then that would have been the case. But GV just asked him some basic questions and knew that they guy has been around at a bunch of local shows.

Was it a dead-serious interview? Everything GV does has a bit of a comedic sense to it, and this was no different. But not for the reasons you implied.
                      Didn't mean to imply Greg V was belittling Steve at all. I'm just curious as to the motivations behind selecting Steve as one of the interviewees-- let's see, we chose the overall winner for men's, the overall winner for women's... and this Steve dude. If you really think he was selected "simply because"-- because people know him, etc.-- we're just going to have to agree to disagree. It was clearly done with some comedic value.

But ALL of that is not really my point. I guess my point, if I have to drag it out and make it incredibly explicit: way to have the biggest douchebag in bodybuilding interview the biggest laughingstock in bodybuilding, and imply, "Gee, isn't this hillarious". Just kinda' a freakshow circus, in my oh-so-humble-opinion. That's all I meant.

-lifepulse

Comment

Steve should have never been interviewed in the first place...he's the older version of jason genova

Comment

I enjoy Greggs interviews. I don't think gregg made fun of steve at all. Steve "competed" at a show therefore he is eligible to be interviewed. Yes he looked like shit but he already showcased that on stage so that was no surprise.

Comment

I WAS TOLD TO INTERVIEW STEVE!!!....I DID NOT PICK WHO I INTERVIEWED...I NEVER PICK WHO I INTERVIEW UNLESS I'M DOING RANDOM WACKY SHIT.....I THINK SOME OF YOU CRYBABIES SHOULD BE MORE UPSET THAT THERE WAS 350 BIKINI GIRLS IN THIS SHOW WITH A SHIT LOAD OF PRO CARDS GIVIN OUT TO A SOME GIRLS WHO DO NOT EVEN TRAIN BUT HAVE A NATURAL KICK ASS BIKNI BODY LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND WHO HAS A GREAT BODY BUT NEVER TRAINED...BIKINI IS THE DRAW NOT BODYBUILDING!!!....A LOT OF GIRLS IO TALKED TO HAVE NATURAL BEACH BODIES, THEY ARE JUST GIRLS IN A BINIKI AND HEELS WHILE ALL OF YOU TRAIN AND NONE OF YOU CRYBABIES WILL EVER GET A PRO CARD.....DEBATE THAT SHIT!!!.....I AM IN MY 10th YEAR WITH MD, I AINT GOING ANYWHERE SO DEAL WITH IT!!!...AS FOR BODYBUILDING, WELL ITS NOT THE SAME, MEN IN BEACH SHORTS GETTING PRO CARDS AND HOT CHICKS WHO DO NOT EVEN TRAIN GETTING PRO CARDS.....AND YOU LITTLE CRYBABIES CRYING OVER AN INTERVIEW, SHEEEEET !!!!
                            “Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! ”..Gregg Valentino

MY NEW'TRAINING BOOK'
                            CLICK ON THIS >http://greggvalentino.net/?p=8
                            >

Comment

Originally posted by GREGG VALENTINO View Post
                              I WAS TOLD TO INTERVIEW STEVE!!!....I DID NOT PICK WHO I INTERVIEWED...I NEVER PICK WHO I INTERVIEW UNLESS I'M DOING RANDOM WACKY SHIT.....I THINK SOME OF YOU CRYBABIES SHOULD BE MORE UPSET THAT THERE WAS 350 BIKINI GIRLS IN THIS SHOW WITH A SHIT LOAD OF PRO CARDS GIVIN OUT TO A SOME GIRLS WHO DO NOT EVEN TRAIN BUT HAVE A NATURAL KICK ASS BIKNI BODY LIKE MY GIRLFRIEND WHO HAS A GREAT BODY BUT NEVER TRAINED...BIKINI IS THE DRAW NOT BODYBUILDING!!!....A LOT OF GIRLS IO TALKED TO HAVE NATURAL BEACH BODIES, THEY ARE JUST GIRLS IN A BINIKI AND HEELS WHILE ALL OF YOU TRAIN AND NONE OF YOU CRYBABIES WILL EVER GET A PRO CARD.....DEBATE THAT SHIT!!!.....I AM IN MY 10th YEAR WITH MD, I AINT GOING ANYWHERE SO DEAL WITH IT!!!...AS FOR BODYBUILDING, WELL ITS NOT THE SAME, MEN IN BEACH SHORTS GETTING PRO CARDS AND HOT CHICKS WHO DO NOT EVEN TRAIN GETTING PRO CARDS.....AND YOU LITTLE CRYBABIES CRYING OVER AN INTERVIEW, SHEEEEET !!!!
                              when conducting an interview...you need to work on your mic control...most of the time the mic isn't on the person talking

Comment

I'd like to thank Gregg for catching these guys after the win and letting us get to know them somewhat.

Right on Gregg! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X