Michael Costa 2 Weeks from Masters Nationals - Shoulders In the Trenches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Costa 2 Weeks from Masters Nationals - Shoulders In the Trenches

Michael Costa has been banging away at a Pro Card for several years now. Having a National Gymnast background, Michael has been competitive for several years to include competing against Dr. Victor Prisk. Now Dr Prisk is coaching and prepping Michael for the Masters Heavyweight division. Let's see how Costa does as an amateur and see if he can break into the professional ranks.

** Special Thanx to Larry BBLB Brown for filming and editing this for us.
    "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

This man is the essence of what it means to be a TRUE Champion in life and in bodybuilding. His unselfish acts that he performs for different people day in and day out is proof that he deserves the very best. With all the you've been through, and still going through you've always manged to keep your head up. Almost done bro.
    PEACE

Comment

looking good mike! looking forward to competing against a gentleman like yourself. good luck

Comment

He's coming for ya, Rodney!

Heard Robbie filmed you yesterday or today? Good luck.
        "What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?" ~ Lin Yutang.

Comment

Mike filming in the background with an Ipad, lol. I'm sorry but people just look incredibly awkward filming with those things.
          Originally posted by Nik133

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Comment

yes he filmed me and drew jammot at diamond gym today banging shoulders

Comment

good shit. I'll be in collegiates at the show. Why is there hardly ANY publicity this year compared to last year? None of the popular forum sites even have a thread for this show... and it has consistently been one of the nations biggest turnouts...
              physique under construction

Comment

9 DAYS BROTHER

Originally posted by rodney roller View Post
                looking good mike! looking forward to competing against a gentleman like yourself. good luck
                Hey Rodney, Yes getting close. Hope the contest prep is going well. I have 100 percent respect for you and all you do for BB!!!! See you in PITT.

Comment

Very glad to see Mike Costa get to the Masters Nationals. Impressive workout. This may be the best Masters Nationals ever, & that's saying a lot!

Comment

Mike Costa

Couldn't agree more!! I know Mike from my days living in Chicago and training at Shuamburg Powerhouse gym on the corner of Roselle and Wise.. great hardcore gym...Chris Saluka (great guy) owned the place
                    ...at the time there were several national level competitors who trained there as well.. Mike was destined for big things on the bodybuilding stage back then so it is great to see him still at it even though he has had his ups and downs regarding his health. Certainly his perseverance and dedication is a motivating factor for me anytime I am down or stressed out from the dieting..
                    I was at the 1997 powerhouse classic of Illinois when he took the overall..he was in excellent shape for that.. I recall his signed picture at the gym he remarked " Pain is temporary;defeat is permanent"... I certainly would like to wish him the best at this years masters nationals..it should be a great contest.

By the way Mike..who prepped you for the 1997 Powerhouse classic show.. I think that was probably your first show wasn't it? you dialed everything in!!!

all the best,

5th Ave Bodybuilding gym Brooklyn--- (the memory lives on)

Originally posted by Erik.Strauch View Post
                    This man is the essence of what it means to
                    be a TRUE Champion in life and in bodybuilding. His unselfish acts that he performs for different people day in and day out is proof that he deserves the very best. With all the you've been through, and still going through you've always manged to keep your head up. Almost done bro.
                    PEACE

Comment

Hey Mike, it's your good ole friend JASON LUCCHESI. I sent you a private message (over a year now) a while back saying "HEY" and seeing how've you been man. Haven't talked to you since we did the documentary "Testosterone Boys" for the BBC. Glad to see you back on stage. You look great man! Good luck buddy and keep in touch!
                      Add me on Facebook - http://facebook.com/jason.lucchesi

Comment

I haven't met Mike & am more than willing to believe the testimonials of competitors whose lives he has touched. When all is said & done, though, the pro card goes to "best in show" at the Masters Nats. If he wants to bring it, that's the place to be.

Comment

5th Ave Gym/ Schaumburg Powerhouse

Originally posted by 5thAveGym View Post
                          Couldn't agree more!! I know Mike from my days living in Chicago and training at Shuamburg Powerhouse gym on the corner of Roselle and Wise.. great hardcore gym...Chris Saluka (great guy) owned the place
                          ...at the time there were several national level competitors who trained there as well.. Mike was destined for big things on the bodybuilding stage back then so it is great to see him still at it even though he has had his ups and downs regarding his health. Certainly his perseverance and dedication is a motivating factor for me anytime I am down or stressed out from the dieting..
                          I was at the 1997 powerhouse classic of Illinois when he took the overall..he was in excellent shape for that.. I recall his signed picture at the gym he remarked " Pain is temporary;defeat is permanent"... I certainly would like to wish him the best at this years masters nationals..it should be a great contest.

By the way Mike..who prepped you for the 1997 Powerhouse classic show.. I think that was probably your first show wasn't it? you dialed everything in!!!

all the best,

5th Ave Bodybuilding gym Brooklyn--- (the memory lives on)
                          I have to thank you for your support!!! As I struggle through these last days of dieting your words and support help to motivate me to get it done so thank you. Yes the 1997 powerhouse classic was my first show And Derrick helped with my contest prep. Thanks again for your support !!!
                          I cant believe yo rememmber that Quote:cool

Comment

weird ass arms!
                            "its not hard to fail, its not easy to win"

Comment

Originally posted by British Bulldog View Post
                              weird ass arms!
                              I thought that, when he was doing the one armed hammer shoulder press, I thought it was just the angle, but then it was the same with his other arm, just genetics I guess?

Comment

Working...
                              X