Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Smith Preps for Battle in the stacked heavyweight class at the 2011 Masters Nationals

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Smith Preps for Battle in the stacked heavyweight class at the 2011 Masters Nationals

The last time Brian Smith took first place was in 1989 when he won the heavyweight class at the Junior Nationals. Saturday he is hoping to take home the heavyweight win in Pittsburgh - with guru George Farah's guidance. In 2007 Smith took second in this contest, but since then, he has had to deal the setback of a kidney transplant. Now he is up against other heavy hitting heavyweights such as Rodney Roller, Chris Costa and Lance Johnson. Who will prevail? This should be the hottest class battle of the night!

this guy is awesome. hope to be where hes at when im in my 40's
    That's what she said -Michael Scott-

Comment

The kidney transplant should have been a wake up call to quit bodybuilding, hope he understands what he's doing to himself...

Comment

yeah but maybe hes doing bodybuilding at an intensity much lower then he did before the transplant...maybe he lifted a whole lot heavier back in the day and now its alot lighter... its just hard for someone to quit something after they have been doing it for most of there lives

Comment

Originally posted by muscleten View Post
          yeah but maybe hes doing bodybuilding at an intensity much lower then he did before the transplant...maybe he lifted a whole lot heavier back in the day and now its alot lighter... its just hard for someone to quit something after they have been doing it for most of there lives
          lol it has nothing to do with the weight lifting...

Comment

Ah, yeah, weightlifting has been known to tax the kidneys...he shouldn't lighten the weak.

Seriously folks, how sad that a young guy has lost a kidney. It is one of the most serious operation somewhere along the lines of Brain surgery and heart transplants. And then to wake up and put the poison in your body...Kevin Levrone said it best, lucky to have gotten out alive although who know, he may end up with problems soon enough. That said, he wouldn't go back to the drip...Natural baby. Natural is the way to go.

Comment

Wow what an amazing come back with all the bad stuff that happen you look great man keep it up and good luck on your show.

Comment

The kidney transplant took place back in '90 or so. His brother Steve gave him one of his. Unless he had another one. ( can they even do that? twice?) Besides that, hope Brian wins, hes one of the best BBRS i've ever known personally. Damn Smitty's know how how to get ready for a show, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by themakcompany View Post
                  Ah, yeah, weightlifting has been known to tax the kidneys...he shouldn't lighten the weak.

Seriously folks, how sad that a young guy has lost a kidney. It is one of the most serious operation somewhere along the lines of Brain surgery and heart transplants. And then to wake up and put the poison in your body...Kevin Levrone said it best, lucky to have gotten out alive although who know, he may end up with problems soon enough. That said, he wouldn't go back to the drip...Natural baby. Natural is the way to go.
                  Shut the fuck up.
                  My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

Originally posted by alpmaster View Post
                    The kidney transplant should have been a wake up call to quit bodybuilding, hope he understands what he's doing to himself...
                    I feel ya on the wake up call, but Brian is pretty sharp, I think he knows exactly what hes doing. Don't assume the worst. Like I said before the kidney came out back in the eearly '90s. That was quite a while ago.

Comment

Why grill the guy about needing to "quit bodybuilding," when he says he gets his blood work done regularly.... I'm sure he understands and is cautious about what he's doing, and that's why he's so regular.
                      Originally posted by Nik133

This is bodyBUILDING, not getting a bag of shit into condition building.

Comment

Sick arms! Great physique. It's cool to see videos of the more seasoned guys sticking with it. Inspiring.

Comment

the other day i was lifting heavy and my kidney fell out so i put it in my pocket and kept lifting, is that ok?
                          I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Originally posted by themakcompany View Post

with respect towards your opinion im sure you know its a personal choice to go through what he chose to after that surgery. i cant speak for the guy but its ok to take performing enhancing drugs as long as your "A-ok" so to speak....but if i were him i would think of it hard and long...but hey atleast hes doing his check ups every 3 months like he says right guys???

Comment

Originally posted by HangingLegRaise View Post
                              Why grill the guy about needing to "quit bodybuilding," when he says he gets his blood work done regularly.... I'm sure he understands and is cautious about what he's doing, and that's why he's so regular.
                              if you read my most recent comment in this thread im totally with you that yeah its risky but if hes doing his check ups regularly like every 3 months as he talks about then im sure there minimum damage at the very worst.....hes just doingthebest he can to staying healthy while doing what he really loves to do

Comment

Working...
                              X