Announcement

Collapse

Registeration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

2011 NPC Masters Nationals Bodybuilding RESULTS

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEARD UP
    replied
    Originally posted by Lifeguard102 View Post
    I was prepared to write my thoughts on claiming sickness as a reason for being off. I wanted to say that if you didn't declare you were sick in the days up to and the day of competition , you shouldn't bring it up after a loss.

However Rodney didn't do this . He said "he didn't have any movement for three days." To me Rodney got punched in the mouth and lost fair and square. I believe his post competition interview reflected that.

I respect him for not excusing his loss to sickness.

Props brutha.
    this is dead on

Leave a comment:

• GEARD UP
    replied
    Originally posted by alpmaster View Post
    Everyone "gets sick" when they've fucked up the diuretic protocol.
    this is what i was gonna say...LOL

but never the less im a roller fan and i hope he nails it next time!

Leave a comment:

• hifrommike65
    replied
    Rodney, don't be disappointed. This is what happened to Lance Johnson in 2009. After coming in first in his class at the Masters Nationals in 2004 (at a time there was just one pro card, so he couldn't get the 2nd), he was narrowly edged to 2nd place in 2005. A 2nd pro card was approved later that year & awarded retrospectively to the light-heavyweight winner who beat him. He stopped doing the Masters Nationals & shifted to the North Americans & Nationals. He finally came back to the Masters Nationals in 2009 & placed 7th in the over-40 light-heavies. It was a rough comedown. He didn't compete last year, but since he turned 50 he decided to give the Masters Nationals one more shot in that division. He said in an interview that he considered himself 52 weeks out as of last year's show. He did everything he could, & everything was enough this year. Hang in there. You will go pro.

Leave a comment:

• Lifeguard102
    replied
    I was prepared to write my thoughts on claiming sickness as a reason for being off. I wanted to say that if you didn't declare you were sick in the days up to and the day of competition , you shouldn't bring it up after a loss.

However Rodney didn't do this . He said "he didn't have any movement for three days." To me Rodney got punched in the mouth and lost fair and square. I believe his post competition interview reflected that.

I respect him for not excusing his loss to sickness.

Props brutha.

Leave a comment:

• Jude2
    replied
    This year comp was much harder. Look at how Stoli placed and James judge in the SHW who usually get 2nd and he was 7th

Leave a comment:

• RockyIII
    replied
    Originally posted by alpmaster View Post
    never heard any pro or top amateur admit when they fuck up their prep...it s always a food virus,or a bug,or some other shit outside of their control that lead to them looking off onstage. Not that that was the case with Rodney as i dont have all the details, but it s really strange that noone ever admits when they just plain fuck up

Leave a comment:

• alpmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Contest prep does beat the shit out of your immune system - getting sick at the end happens quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Harris
    replied
    Contest prep does beat the shit out of your immune system - getting sick at the end happens quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOf1
    replied
    Rodney don't give up bro! Shit happens, keep the chin up and move on

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied

What happened to Rodney Roller?

--> Here

Leave a comment:

• tewligans
    replied
    Being into bodybuilding for the love of it is a great thing. But to actually compete when you dont have the genetics for competing is entirely diffrerent. A young genetically gifted bodybuilder can handle the different things you throw at him (training, nutrition, last minute contest prep tricks) without getting sick. Others cant.

Leave a comment:

• ZeroFire
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike View Post
    We have an interview with Rodney and Oscar about all that which is going up in a bit. In short, Rodney got sick and they did all they could to pull him through.
    That just means he has to keep competing ! He shouldn't go out like this- Rodney can do better.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Rodney was sick earlier this week but his trainer wanted him to do the show anyway. He will be back & he will win. We're urging him to do the North Americans & I hope he does.
    We have an interview with Rodney and Oscar about all that which is going up in a bit. In short, Rodney got sick and they did all they could to pull him through.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Harris
    replied
    Originally posted by leigh View Post
    Looks like a water and carb thing to me. Looked much better in his training vids.

Seen it with plenty of guys before, try to get that extra 10% and go backwards.

Shame.
    That is exactly why I don't do a damn thing with my water or my carbs, as much as everyone insists that you 'have to.' I'd rather go in and show the results of 16 weeks of dieting instead of spilling over or flattening out and kicking myself because I looked so much better the week before. Risking looking 5% better or 25% worse is pretty shitty odds IMO.

Leave a comment:

• glen565
    replied
    rodney you,re wasting time working with oscar arden you,re no kai green .kai is young he had time to waste you dont get with another trainer if you wanna make it happen you looked awefull in your training video with drew iam a fan rod good luck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X