Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Shawn Ray's Toronto Pro Supershow Preview: Who to look for in Toronto June 17-18

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Shawn Ray's Toronto Pro Supershow Preview: Who to look for in Toronto June 17-18

Shawn Ray gives the rundown on who to watch at the Toronto Pro Bodybuilding competition June 17-18.

Sugar Shawn Ray's Toronto Pro Preview

This Summer "Heats up" in Canada as the All New Toronto IFBB Pro / EXPO gets underway on June 18th!

Promoters, Jim Morris & Ron Hache bring Pro Bodybuilding, Fitness & Bikini back to the Great White North with a huge 2 Day EXPO!

Co-emcees, Shawn Ray and Bob Cicherillo, with Contest Promoter, Ron Hache

Are you guys covering Dorian's seminar?
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Comment

Canada sucks. Especially the people from Montreal. They hate American policies (which may be understandable), but they let that spill over to treating Americans poorly. I found them highly rude when I went there, even though I spoke French. Even though I am an asshole, I went out of my way to be polite as a guest in their country. Never again homies!

Actually, now that I think about it, the people from Vancouver are really great, so I shouldn't say ALL Canadians suck. Maybe just the people from Montreal. But I love Cathy LeFrancois.
      BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

im from toronto and we dont even like people from montreal, so i think its just montreal.

Comment

Toronto Pro June Press Release Days Away From Show
          Dear media and industry professionals,

We are only days away from one of the most exciting events in Canadian bodybuilding history!

For media who are joining us, please check-in at Room 204, outside the Fitness Expo entrance, when you arrive on site. For media who haven`t registered yet, please visit www.torontoprosupershow.com/media to fill out an online application.

Join us in celebrating the culture of extreme and combative sport in this truly unique setting.

Diana Spremo
          Spremo Communications
          Media Relations Director, Toronto Pro SuperShow (June 17 & 18, 2011)
          T: 905-484-9543
          [email protected]
          www.TorontoProSuperShow.com

For Immediate Release

90 IFBB Pros from 19 countries descend on Toronto for the Toronto Pro SuperShow

Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates headline a line-up of celebrities

June 17 & 18, 2011

Toronto -- June 13, 2011 -- The largest collection of extreme sports ever held in Canada is only days away! The first Toronto Pro SuperShow June 17 and 18 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre will be a showcase of everything fitness -- from vendors, demonstrations, shows and seminars, to amateur and professional, provincial and world-class competitions.

The Fitness Expo
          With only a $10 admission fee, the Fitness Expo will cater to health and fitness enthusiasts' every need regarding the latest products, trends and information.

The Sports
          Highlighting the show will be a number of extreme and combative sports that will feature their sport either through interactive activities or competition. More than 500 competitors will range from children from GTA community groups to provincial and national and international-calibre athletes.

The sports include:

· Bodybuilding
          · Strongman
          · Arm Wrestling
          · Olympic Weightlifting
          · Boxing
          · Judo
          · Powerlifting
          · Kickboxing
          · Wushu

With 70,000 square feet of Expo, and another 70,000 square feet of extreme sports, you have 140,000 square feet of pure excitement! -- and the largest event of its kind in Canadian history!

Professional Bodybuilders
          Anchoring the show will be the very popular and anticipated events of both Amateur OPA and Professional IFBB bodybuilding, fitness, figure and bikini competitions. Athletes from 19 countries have registered for this world-class event, including Canada, USA, Aruba, Finland, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tahiti, Trinidad, the U.K. and more.

Here are just a few special celebrity and competitive appearances:

International:
          ·Celebrity appearance: (U.S.) Ronnie Coleman -- winner of 8 consecutive Mr. Olympia titles (hosted by TeamBodyPro.com)
          ·Celebrity appearance: (U.K.) Dorian Yates -- winner of 6 Mr. Olympia titles (hosted by Muscle Insider)
          ·Celebrity appearance: (from Los Angeles) Cung Le -- 3-time World Champion martial artist and actor.
          ·Celebrity appearance: Steven Wong -- Director/Producer of the 2010 documentary on Georges St. Pierre, The Striking Truth (hosted by Inside Fitness)
          ·Celebrity appearance: (U.S.) Toney "The Xman" Freeman -- IFBB Pro; top 10 Mr. Olympia, and 'Arnold Classic' Champion.
          ·Bodybuilding competitor: (from India) Varinder Singh -- Team Captain for India’s bodybuilding team, Bollywood actor and only world-class bodybuilding vegetarian.
          ·Bodybuilding competitor: (from Italy) Gianluca Catapano -- winner of Mr. Universe

Local Toronto or Canadian athletes:
          ·Celebrity appearance by sprinter Ben Johnson (hosted by TeamBodyPro)
          ·Celebrity appearance by Timothy Hung -- 2009 & 2010 Canadian Wushu Champion; current World Championships Bronze Medalist
          ·Bodybuilding competitor: (from Toronto) Mboya Edwards - 5-time Canadian Bodybuilding Champion
          ·Bodybuilding competitor: (from Halifax) Santana Anderson, 2010 Mr. Canada
          ·Figure competitor: Francisca Dennis (from Toronto) -- mother of 6, current National Level Figure competitor; and judge at the Toronto Pro SuperShow
          ·Bikini competitor: Justine Munro (from Oakville) -- at only 23 has gone Pro and has competed in 15 amateur and professional bikini competitions
          ·Hugo Girard, Strongman (from Quebec) -- multi-year Canadian and North American Champion, and 6-year "World's Strongest Man" finalist
          ·Michel Roy, Armwrestler (from Quebec) -- World Champion arm wrestler
          ·Stephen Jesso (from Toronto) -- 2009 World Champion "Blind" Powerlifter; and holder of 4 world-records.

Additional attractions will include:
          · First time ever... Canada vs USA Strongman competition (5 against 5)
          · Oxygen Magazine's Fitness Model Search
          · MuscleMag's Bikini Model Search
          · Party with the pros at the Inside Fitness Saturday night after party at Joe Badali's Restaurant

When: Friday, June 17
          Fitness Expo Hours:1:30 p.m. - 8:00 p. m.
          John Bassett Theatre Hours: 6:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
          Saturday, June 18 Fitness Expo Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
          John Bassett Theatre Hours: 9:00 am - 10:30 p.m.

Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building
          Halls A, B and the John Bassett Theatre

Cost: Fitness Expo: $10
          Fitness Expo & Extreme Sports Hall: $30
          John Bassett Theatre Competitions: $30-$90
          VIP passes: $250

Online:
          Web: www.TorontoProSuperShow.com
          Facebook: http://facebook.com/TorontoProSuperShow
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/TOProSuperShow (hashtag: #toprosupershow.com)

Working media:

Media are requested to register online at www.torontoprosupershow.com/media

If you'd like to join us, please sign-in at the Media Office, Room 204 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, North Building.

Comment

Whats up, no love for Frank "Wrath" McGrath? Huge fan base and he is from Canada!

Comment

Shawn, there are 90 IFBB pros competing and you mention only 2 in the open class? can we atleast get a comp list?

Comment

Originally posted by brandonosmond View Post
                im from toronto and we dont even like people from montreal, so i think its just montreal.
                I am also from Toronto, what part of the city are you in, where do you train.

Comment

AFTERNOON DELIGHT!

Comment

Why is Frank Mcgrath not on the list???
                    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Comment

I'm pulling for Curry this show, really like his physique. Hopefully he gets his conditioning right.
                      "It's dark, and the mayne is hot"

Comment

Originally posted by Climber213 View Post
                        Why is Frank Mcgrath not on the list???
                        thats what i wuz thinking, also am i the only one who thinks lionel beyeke will win this one?
                        Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Comment

Originally posted by majrminer View Post
                          Canada sucks. Especially the people from Montreal. They hate American policies (which may be understandable), but they let that spill over to treating Americans poorly. I found them highly rude when I went there, even though I spoke French. Even though I am an asshole, I went out of my way to be polite as a guest in their country. Never again homies!

Actually, now that I think about it, the people from Vancouver are really great, so I shouldn't say ALL Canadians suck. Maybe just the people from Montreal. But I love Cathy LeFrancois.
                          Sounds like we wouldn't supersize your milkshake
                          Those who can't, say YOU can't

Comment

lionel beyeke
                            nstagram: lightsout50

Comment

Originally posted by Tbecker01 View Post
                              Shawn, there are 90 IFBB pros competing and you mention only 2 in the open class? can we atleast get a comp list?
                              Yea, there are and the list is growing! If you listened to MD Radio yesterday, it was the most Updated list we had!
                              Relax, only the Top 5 Finalists have a shot at the Top 3 Olympia Spots!
                              If your on this web site, the complete list is posted and we certainly weren't going to run down the Complete list on a "Preview" Video.

Puff Puff Pass yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X