Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Email Only

Due to frequent disruptions by a rogue user on the forum, automatic email regisration will be suspended. Users will still be able to auto-register, but will not be able to post or comment until verified by a forum admin.

If there are any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]

Thanks very much for your cooperation

sincerely,
Jen the Admin
See more
See less

Lionel Beyeke Wins the 2012 Flex Pro!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medina1025 View Post
    Im guessing nobody else saw how soft his glutes and lower back looked. This is ridiculous.
    Well done to Lionel and all the others, he must have had what the judges were looking fore on the day. But no you not alone I said something similar in the wrap-up thread. I thought he was even a bit soft in some of the side shots as well, striations almost non-existent.. Definitely very proportionate and full bellies but really lacking detail - The kind that the no1 of a show normally has.. IMO.. Guess he just nailed the others in all the mandatory’s.. I won’t say more as I was not at the show & just critiquing based on the images, he definitely will be even more of a force if he can come in more pealed and keep the size..
    \_(**)_/

Comment

It's a whole new ball of wax with the new O qualifications. Judges will be looking for mr. O material in every show. Only the best 12-15 will set foot on the O stage. No longer will being ripped to shreds garner you automatic O status.

This new judging criteria will not bode well for Branch, Jay, and others that come to mind. Glad they are bringing back old' school physique's with this new so-called mandate.
      IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Comment

congrats to beyeke.
        Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Comment

Originally posted by dave415 View Post
          It's a whole new ball of wax with the new O qualifications. Judges will be looking for mr. O material in every show. Only the best 12-15 will set foot on the O stage. No longer will being ripped to shreds garner you automatic O status.

This new judging criteria will not bode well for Branch, Jay, and others that come to mind. Glad they are bringing back old' school physique's with this new so-called mandate.
          I think there is some truth to your tail.. Unfortunately for Eduardo he had 4 other much larger opponents and Lionel was the better of those 4 in symmetry and overall balance and there was not such a difference in those 4 in the level of conditioning so Eduardo was very limited by his size for this matchup. looking forward to seeing Lionel come in more shredded in the future..

As for the "new judging criteria" ill awiat for an official press release
          \_(**)_/

Comment

Originally posted by dave415 View Post

Yes!!! Absolutely
            FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Comment

Originally posted by He-Man View Post
              I thought Beyeke was the best bb'er on that stage if you go by mass, shape, fullness, no weak body parts, tight waist and lean all around...but he didn't have shredd glutes so boo hoo LOL If he was more conditioned from the back he would have silenced all the BS and I predict he will look a LOT better atmthe ASC!!!

And Im personally happy if the judging is going in this direction as the ultra shredded thing is so fuckin unhealthy for these guys. Look at Beyeke again, he was an awesome balance of mass and cuts...to be picky he could have been harder from the back.....but I hate when I see the shredded, depleted, smaller guys beating the huge, round, full guys.

Agreed!!!! Congrats to Beyeke
              1st Phorm Elite Athlete
              2011 Jr National Overall Champion
              2013 National Bodybuilding Overall Champion

Comment

Originally posted by naturalguy View Post
                It's a subjective sport, we have to keep that in mind. Conditioning is just one aspect. I actually like Fouad based on the pics but again things are different in pics than in person. Pakman looked good also. Correa had the conditioning but not as big as the other guys, I don't think he should have won but maybe should have placed higher.
                I agree with this. I had it beyeke and correa fighting for top 2 spots . My only problem with the show was correa in 5 th .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by He-Man View Post
                  I thought Beyeke was the best bb'er on that stage if you go by mass, shape, fullness, no weak body parts, tight waist and lean all around...but he didn't have shredd glutes so boo hoo LOL If he was more conditioned from the back he would have silenced all the BS and I predict he will look a LOT better atmthe ASC!!!

And Im personally happy if the judging is going in this direction as the ultra shredded thing is so fuckin unhealthy for these guys. Look at Beyeke again, he was an awesome balance of mass and cuts...to be picky he could have been harder from the back.....but I hate when I see the shredded, depleted, smaller guys beating the huge, round, full guys.
                  Haha he man a voice of reason again .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Correa held back so he would want to go back to the 212 division so the IFBB can hype that more .. there's no benefit to the IFBB for Correa to be in the open

Comment

• its not hate its the truth..........Lionel was smooth and eduardo was ripped to the bone with shape and symmetry to boot...he was the clear winner....Lionel is good but hes not that good bro.......Eduardo was in contest ready shape at contest time.... !!!!!!!

Comment

• the judging isn't going in that direction..........that's the problem...there is no direction !

Comment

• Shame on the Judges...Correa goes up in weight and still gets fucked !.....

Comment

• Originally posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
                            I guess your idea of being owned is losing a Magazine contract and supplement contract at the same time!

ps i guess you missed my interviews with BSA sean allen,jon delatosa and eugene mishin and his wife! The pros seem cool with me,so dont listen to other peoples lies!
                            Is it really necessary to continue the dissing of a member of our nations military who had a little bit of internet meltdown, which you also had at the same time. I did not believe Cedric brought his best last year but when you hear his story of what he had to go through with his families car accident and what not you have to understand that he is a human like the rest of us . He still has a bright future in this sport and like Lionel his placings are out of his hands so it does not really need to be a personal thing. Making fun of his economic circumstances after really is uncalled for and unnecessary , being able to expend an athlete after a tough two months is an unpleasant side of this sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFuture View Post
                              Is it really necessary to continue the dissing of a member of our nations military who had a little bit of internet meltdown, which you also had at the same time. I did not believe Cedric brought his best last year but when you hear his story of what he had to go through with his families car accident and what not you have to understand that he is a human like the rest of us . He still has a bright future in this sport and like Lionel his placings are out of his hands so it does not really need to be a personal thing.
                              Hey He made it personal not me. I just talk about how guys look,ohterwise md would ban me. We all have problems in life,guess what I stiil have to go to work despite my lifes problems. Life is tough.

ps How is saying a guy was not in shape personal,These guys are pros and get paid to show up in shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by bantamweightchamp2012 View Post
                                its not hate its the truth..........Lionel was smooth and eduardo was ripped to the bone with shape and symmetry to boot...he was the clear winner....Lionel is good but hes not that good bro.......Eduardo was in contest ready shape at contest time.... !!!!!!!
                                plain and simple...by comparison beyeke,bpak and rhoden looked like quality heavy weights and eduardo looked liked a well condition light heavyweight. just my 2cents
                                Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Comment

Working...
                                X