Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IFBB PRO WORLD MASTERS - PICTURES

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by eastcoast_beast View Post
    I think this show should be for the old timers from back in the day ..I dont think its fair to see guys like freeman and dexter competing against guys that haven't competed in some years. I think if dexter and freeman want to do masters then they cant do the open... .. For example say Robby the black prince is competing how would he compete with guys that are still competing in there prime now.. Rich gaspari looks awesome for his age but will lose against dexter.. Just seems like an unfair show...
    Agreed. Freeman and Alves both won shows this year, and Dex has a couple 2nd's. Pretty pointless IMO to put these guys up there with "old timers" making a comeback. I've said all along this show should be for 40+ who haven't competed in at least 2 years.

    Comment


    • #32
      Dexter

      Toney

      Troy
      "Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology ... Better. Stronger. Faster."

      Comment


      • #33
        So....still active pros are gonna eat almost all the money. Two old timers gonna get prolly best poser and comeback award. Others biiig NOTHING.


        Fucking comedy.
        It`s sad.

        Comment


        • #34
          Fucking Gary Strydom looking like a tank! i wish i could look like that when im in my 50s

          Comment


          • #35
            I would love to see these comments revisited when some of the posters turn 40. Recovery takes longer, strength falls, eating becomes a chore. Injuries abound. Anabolic receptors fail to respond as they once did. There is a major difference between your 30s and 40s. 50 tougher yet, 60 is nuts, 70 is ridiculous. I'm 71.....been thru them all. And, on a competitive level. I watch Troy daily focus to overcome all the pitfalls of being 44. He Dex, Toney and Ed have all reached their prime after 40. Let the posing begin!!!

            Baldie

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
              I would love to see these comments revisited when some of the posters turn 40. Recovery takes longer, strength falls, eating becomes a chore. Injuries abound. Anabolic receptors fail to respond as they once did. There is a major difference between your 30s and 40s. 50 tougher yet, 60 is nuts, 70 is ridiculous. I'm 71.....been thru them all. And, on a competitive level. I watch Troy daily focus to overcome all the pitfalls of being 44. He Dex, Toney and Ed have all reached their prime after 40. Let the posing begin!!!

              Baldie
              Good to see vetarans online.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by dddfff View Post
                Good to see vetarans online.
                True that, and I want to personally thank him for serving in WWI.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Jeff...I totally agree with you. The show should be for the old masters from back in the day. How can those guys compete against the younger masters like Dexter, Toney, Troy etc. I had this discussing on Friday at the gym with guys that are indecisive on attending the show because the younger masters will be competing. Its going to be quite interesting to see how this show will be judged.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
                    True that, and I want to personally thank him for serving in WWI.
                    Funny but I do recall sitting on my dad's shoulders (Navy ship yard foreman) when the sailors streamed onto the streets of Long Beach, Ca. to celebrate the wars (WWll) end. Yeah I am an old fossil. Trained by Steve Reeves himself at the Bert Goodrich Gym in the mid 50s. Knew Larry Scott when he was a kid,
                    All the Legends were invited to compete, guest pose under contract, do the seminar or pass altogether. Those with the fire still in their belly started training (Samir, etc.) and the mid 40s super stars saw a big payday and a settling of old battles. Without the mid 40s men there would be no show or thread here to bloviate on. I am pulling for my friend Troy to win and my friend Samir to garner 5th.


                    Baldie

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      In 2006 Gary looked amazing he looks nothing like that now. In fact he prob could have finished in the top 3 or maybe even better if this was 2006. He just couldnt pose from a physique standpoint he was as good as the young guys I think it was the Shawn Ray show that he competed in last.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        personally...juges will not be stupid and be like..ok dxter won because he is obviously bigger more cut etcc...there has to be considerations along the way
                        That's what she said -Michael Scott-

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          mail.google.com.jpg388785_2687975635372_1135873411_2951961_502709881_n.jpg
                          Troy Alves one day out!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by eastcoast_beast View Post
                            I think this show should be for the old timers from back in the day ..I dont think its fair to see guys like freeman and dexter competing against guys that haven't competed in some years. I think if dexter and freeman want to do masters then they cant do the open... .. For example say Robby the black prince is competing how would he compete with guys that are still competing in there prime now.. Rich gaspari looks awesome for his age but will lose against dexter.. Just seems like an unfair show...

                            Originally posted by petalbun View Post
                            Jeff...I totally agree with you. The show should be for the old masters from back in the day. How can those guys compete against the younger masters like Dexter, Toney, Troy etc. I had this discussing on Friday at the gym with guys that are indecisive on attending the show because the younger masters will be competing. Its going to be quite interesting to see how this show will be judged.
                            They should have separate categories for the various competitors. Definitely would not lump everyone together if this was my baby. I'd rather have it be a total exhibition and the prize money be distributed between the athletes based on their condition/legend status/etc.

                            It would certainly be no more arbitrary than any judging that may take place.

                            Posing exhibition by all participants and then a monster seminar!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by The Celt View Post
                              Gary Strydom? I'll bet (snip) or Lil Giant or whatever he calls himself now is on a one way trip to Fla to flirt with Gary some more....
                              lol Anyone have the jpeg handy of Strydom ******* that guy?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by blackironj View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]267951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]267952[/ATTACH]
                                Troy Alves one day out!
                                GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWWWW!! awesome, just seen this been away for a min.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X