X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: Albert Haynesworth Reportedly Facing Sexual Assault Accusation

Albert Haynesworth Reportedly Facing Sexual Assault Accusation

By David Elfin

Washington Redskins malcontent defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth continues to have a tough time in and out of the organization.

Less than 24 hours after Haynesworth appeared at the Reston (Va.) Police station on charges of punching a fellow motorist, NBC Washington reported that the 2007-08 All Pro has been accused of sexual assault by a waitress at Washington's W Hotel early Sunday morning.

District police and the U.S. Attorney's office are both investigating the incident to see whether to bring charges against Haynesworth, who was suspended for the final four games of 2010 by Redskins coach Mike Shanahan on the grounds of insubordination.

"This is the first I've heard ot (the sexual assault accusation) and we're going to investigate it further before we have any further comment," said Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie.

Haynesworth could not be reached for comment but his agent, Chad Speck, has dismissed the negative claims.

"There seems to be no truth to these allegations and we are currently evaluating the facts and considering our own legal actions against those involved," said Speck.

Haynesworth, who has been a huge disappointment since signing a seven-year, $100 million contract -- $41 million guaranteed -- with Washington on Feb. 27, 2009, He skipped the entire offseason program last year because of his unhappiness with Shanahan's switch from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 alignment.

The 29-year-old Haynesworth had been charged with simple assault in the Reston incident. Fairfax County police said that Haynesworth reacted to an apparently obscene gesture from the other driver who thought he was being tailgated by punching him when the cars were stopped at a traffic light. Simple assault in Virginia is a Class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to 12 months in a county jail and a $2,500 fine, but a maximum sentence is rarely imposed unless the defendant has a lengthy prior record.

While he was playing with Tennessee in December 2008, Haynesworth pleaded guilty to driving 103 mph in a 70-mph zone in Nashville and was placed on 30 days' probation. Shortly thereafter, he slammed his car into another vehicle which smacked into a concrete median, seriously injuring the driver, Corey Edmondson, who has sued Haynesworth.

in before MOB
    The world's best spoon's player

Comment

Fucking Thuuuuuuuuuug. Just wait, the number one DT comming out of this years draft Nick Fairley will follow right in this guys footsteps.
      A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

Albert needs to do some time. He is taking all of his blessings for granted. And as a Washingtonian who loves his 'skins, I'd have to say that he is a complete disappointment on the athletic level.
        BODYBUILDER MARCUS | The Blog

Comment

Albert Needs to get a job! This guy is a lazy loser in my book!

Comment

Originally posted by stick-man230 View Post
            Albert needs to do some time. He is taking all of his blessings for granted. And as a Washingtonian who loves his 'skins, I'd have to say that he is a complete disappointment on the athletic level.
            I'd welcome him back to the Titans with open arms lol...he got the job done for us
            Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by UriahMcGee View Post
              I'd welcome him back to the Titans with open arms lol...he got the job done for us
              And as long as he produces for whatever team he is on, fans won't care. Titans need a lot more than Albert. Shit, they need a QB!!!!!
              SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
              2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Comment

Working...
              X