Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman- How good was he?

He was a monster!

Put it like this, Man fought Evander, when Evander was young, fresh and Peaked, he was not able to knock out a Old, heavy out of shape foreman!!

Foreman knocks out Micheal Moore who was half his age for the world title!
    Fought, Alex stewered, whom he knock down 2 times in the 2nd round!! Tommy Morrison, and still was not knocked out!!

Was also in the works of fighting Mike tyson, who I think was dodged by Mike, who also was dodging David Tua latter on as well.

There you have it, a True heavy weight! Who I think was remembered more so because he lost to Ali, more than anything else. Don't forget Foreman fought Frazier and he basically literally beat the living life out of.

If your impressed by Foreman, then think how GREAT ALI WAS!! to have fought Foreman, Frazier, both in their peaks and prime and to have never be knocked out by them, and KNOCK THEM OUT IN THEIR PEAK and who todays Boxers, tried knocking out a much older out of shape Foreman couldnt, But Ali knocks OUT.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Comment

george is awesome...and the things he did at 45 were incredible....but there is no question he was milking it at the end....he was stripped of a title for dodging oponnets
      "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
        george is awesome...and the things he did at 45 were incredible....but there is no question he was milking it at the end....he was stripped of a title for dodging oponnets
        ROFL

Not true at all.

Comment

You remember who he dodged?? I think it was more so due to his age and the commission.

I'm relatively certain Tyson dodged him.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
            ROFL

Not true at all.
            damn man i read all about it in ROCKY LIVES BY A GUY NAMED FINGER......DONT TALK OUT OF YOURE ASS IT DISCREDITS YOU

Shortly after the Moorer fight, Foreman began talking about a potential superfight against Mike Tyson (the youngest ever heavyweight champ). The WBA organization, however, demanded he fight their No. 1 challenger, who at the time was the competent but aging Tony Tucker. For reasons not clearly known, Foreman refused to fight Tucker, and allowed the WBA to strip him of that belt. He then went on to fight mid-level prospect Axel Schulz of Germany in defense of his remaining IBF title. Schulz was a major underdog. Schulz jabbed strongly from long range, and grew increasingly confident as the fight progressed. Foreman finished the fight with a swelling over one eye, but was awarded a controversial majority decision (two judges scored for Foreman, one called it even). The IBF ordered an immediate rematch to be held in Germany, but Foreman refused the terms and found himself stripped of his remaining title. However, Foreman continued to be recognized as the lineal heavyweight champion.

HE WAS HEADED TOWARDS 50 FAST...PICKING FIGHTS HE COULD WIN IS UNDERSTANDABLE.....HE SHOULD HAVE GOT THE DECISION OVER SHANNON BRIGGS
            "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

SO THE WBA AND THE I BF STRIPPED HIM
              "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Well the fact of the mannor, he managed to make more money out of boxing, then he would would have. Hell the man is worth several hundred million!!

Comment

im sure he made way more off the grill than boxing
                  "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Obscene amount of money. His son is now trying to Box. I saw a few clips of his son...looked bad. Then had the audacity to say that there was no one to " fight me". Delusional, arrogant, and a bad boxer, has to used his father in entrances and promotion to get asses in seats.

Comment

MARVIS FRAZIER
                      "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

damn man i read all about it in ROCKY LIVES BY A GUY NAMED FINGER......DONT TALK OUT OF YOURE ASS IT DISCREDITS YOU

Shortly after the Moorer fight, Foreman began talking about a potential superfight against Mike Tyson (the youngest ever heavyweight champ). The WBA organization, however, demanded he fight their No. 1 challenger, who at the time was the competent but aging Tony Tucker. For reasons not clearly known, Foreman refused to fight Tucker, and allowed the WBA to strip him of that belt. He then went on to fight mid-level prospect Axel Schulz of Germany in defense of his remaining IBF title. Schulz was a major underdog. Schulz jabbed strongly from long range, and grew increasingly confident as the fight progressed. Foreman finished the fight with a swelling over one eye, but was awarded a controversial majority decision (two judges scored for Foreman, one called it even). The IBF ordered an immediate rematch to be held in Germany, but Foreman refused the terms and found himself stripped of his remaining title. However, Foreman continued to be recognized as the lineal heavyweight champion.

HE WAS HEADED TOWARDS 50 FAST...PICKING FIGHTS HE COULD WIN IS UNDERSTANDABLE.....HE SHOULD HAVE GOT THE DECISION OVER SHANNON BRIGGS
                        Foreman did not duck Tucker, he simply had no reason to fight him. Foreman was old and had a very limited number of fights left and he had an agenda.

Many champs drop belts by not fighting who their organizations tell them to. Lennox Lewis did it also and for the same reason as Foreman....the Boxing organizations are corrupt and they fights they demand many times are not against the best fighters or do not generate enough money for the fighters.

Tyson did however duck Foreman and lewis.

Comment

TYSON HAD THE SAME SITUATION AS FOREMAN.....THEY WANTED HIM TO DEFEND AGAINST LEWIS HE SAID NO...STRIPPED.....THEY WANTED FOREMAN TO DEFEND AGAINST TUCKER HE SAID NO....STRIPPED ....HE ALSO WOULDNT GIVE THE GUY THAT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REMATCH A SHOT(SHULZ)....STRIPPED......HE ALSO HAD A WBU BELT THAT HE GAVE UP BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A MEANINGFUL TITLE.......YOU CANT CLAIM SOMETHING ISNT TRUE WHEN ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE,YOU CANT REVISE HISTORY BECAUSE YOU SOMEONE OR ARE A FAN.....I LOVE MIKE TYSON....BUT HE HAD A LOT OF FLAWS AND MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES....I DONT BLAME FOREMAN FOR PICKING SMART FIGHTS.....BUT HE COULD BEAT TUCKER IF HE BEAT SHANNON BRIGGS......YOU SHOULD DEFEND AGAINST THE # 1 CONTENDER...PERIOD
                          "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Tucker was no Lewis

LMFAO

Comment

WHO EVEN COMPARED THE TWO...#1 IS # 1....YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME TRYING TO OWN ON EACH BOARD INSTEAD OF HAVING THE CONVERSATION.......I WISH I HAD FOREMANS TELEPHONE POLE JAB
                              "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Working...
                              X