Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    LEWIS WAS AWESOME.....TALL AND STRONG.....ONLY USED HIS OWER WHEN IT WAS GOING TO COUNT

Leave a comment:

• paradox
    replied
    Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    TYSON HAD THE SAME SITUATION AS FOREMAN.....THEY WANTED HIM TO DEFEND AGAINST LEWIS HE SAID NO...STRIPPED.....THEY WANTED FOREMAN TO DEFEND AGAINST TUCKER HE SAID NO....STRIPPED ....HE ALSO WOULDNT GIVE THE GUY THAT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REMATCH A SHOT(SHULZ)....STRIPPED......HE ALSO HAD A WBU BELT THAT HE GAVE UP BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A MEANINGFUL TITLE.......YOU CANT CLAIM SOMETHING ISNT TRUE WHEN ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE,YOU CANT REVISE HISTORY BECAUSE YOU SOMEONE OR ARE A FAN.....I LOVE MIKE TYSON....BUT HE HAD A LOT OF FLAWS AND MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES....I DONT BLAME FOREMAN FOR PICKING SMART FIGHTS.....BUT HE COULD BEAT TUCKER IF HE BEAT SHANNON BRIGGS......YOU SHOULD DEFEND AGAINST THE # 1 CONTENDER...PERIOD
    Allot of Boxers dodge others, thats the nature of the buisness. Thats out of Ali's own mouth in an old interview after he retired, but he latter said, " But you can't go dodgin every one cause your scared or think you cant fight, you gotta put in that sweat, those hours of training and convince your self you can beat him, and challenge your self to fight"

George had a lot of weaknesses him self, the issues is like Cus Demato had said to Ali, Youve got to beat the man physocologically, hes weak mentally and will buckle, youve gotta come out and hit and hit hard and dont dance in the first round.

Sure enough if you Look at Ali Vs Foreman 1- He came out and hit him like Ali was the Bully! Thats what Boxing is all about, the mental aspect, how many times can you train to throw the nice combos on the mits and look great, or learn to do a Hook, in the end its about endurance, heart, smarts. And Ali had alot of it which lead to his greatness, and Tyson had non.

Physically with the excpetion of being short, Tyson could have and would have been great, but the same man who made tyson also predicted his down fall! He said tyson didn't have a good head on his shoulders. When Tyson and Lennox faught as youngsters with cus watching, he right away said " theses 2 are fighting in the future and hes Lennox is going to be a problem"

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    OH AND LEWIS DUCKED PEOPLE TOO...WOULD NOT FIGHT RUIZ(A NOBODY DON KING PUT ON TOP) AND HE RETIRED TO AVOID A REMATCH WITH VITALI

Thats true. But lennox had enough sense to know when to quit, Lennox took on Daid tua, and when he did he didnt anything he did to Mike tyson.
    Last edited by paradox; May 8th, 2011, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    WHO EVEN COMPARED THE TWO...#1 IS # 1....YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME TRYING TO OWN ON EACH BOARD INSTEAD OF HAVING THE CONVERSATION.......I WISH I HAD FOREMANS TELEPHONE POLE JAB

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tucker was no Lewis

LMFAO

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    TYSON HAD THE SAME SITUATION AS FOREMAN.....THEY WANTED HIM TO DEFEND AGAINST LEWIS HE SAID NO...STRIPPED.....THEY WANTED FOREMAN TO DEFEND AGAINST TUCKER HE SAID NO....STRIPPED ....HE ALSO WOULDNT GIVE THE GUY THAT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REMATCH A SHOT(SHULZ)....STRIPPED......HE ALSO HAD A WBU BELT THAT HE GAVE UP BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A MEANINGFUL TITLE.......YOU CANT CLAIM SOMETHING ISNT TRUE WHEN ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE,YOU CANT REVISE HISTORY BECAUSE YOU SOMEONE OR ARE A FAN.....I LOVE MIKE TYSON....BUT HE HAD A LOT OF FLAWS AND MADE A LOT OF MISTAKES....I DONT BLAME FOREMAN FOR PICKING SMART FIGHTS.....BUT HE COULD BEAT TUCKER IF HE BEAT SHANNON BRIGGS......YOU SHOULD DEFEND AGAINST THE # 1 CONTENDER...PERIOD

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    damn man i read all about it in ROCKY LIVES BY A GUY NAMED FINGER......DONT TALK OUT OF YOURE ASS IT DISCREDITS YOU

Shortly after the Moorer fight, Foreman began talking about a potential superfight against Mike Tyson (the youngest ever heavyweight champ). The WBA organization, however, demanded he fight their No. 1 challenger, who at the time was the competent but aging Tony Tucker. For reasons not clearly known, Foreman refused to fight Tucker, and allowed the WBA to strip him of that belt. He then went on to fight mid-level prospect Axel Schulz of Germany in defense of his remaining IBF title. Schulz was a major underdog. Schulz jabbed strongly from long range, and grew increasingly confident as the fight progressed. Foreman finished the fight with a swelling over one eye, but was awarded a controversial majority decision (two judges scored for Foreman, one called it even). The IBF ordered an immediate rematch to be held in Germany, but Foreman refused the terms and found himself stripped of his remaining title. However, Foreman continued to be recognized as the lineal heavyweight champion.

HE WAS HEADED TOWARDS 50 FAST...PICKING FIGHTS HE COULD WIN IS UNDERSTANDABLE.....HE SHOULD HAVE GOT THE DECISION OVER SHANNON BRIGGS
    Foreman did not duck Tucker, he simply had no reason to fight him. Foreman was old and had a very limited number of fights left and he had an agenda.

Many champs drop belts by not fighting who their organizations tell them to. Lennox Lewis did it also and for the same reason as Foreman....the Boxing organizations are corrupt and they fights they demand many times are not against the best fighters or do not generate enough money for the fighters.

Tyson did however duck Foreman and lewis.

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    MARVIS FRAZIER

Leave a comment:

• paradox
    replied
    Obscene amount of money. His son is now trying to Box. I saw a few clips of his son...looked bad. Then had the audacity to say that there was no one to " fight me". Delusional, arrogant, and a bad boxer, has to used his father in entrances and promotion to get asses in seats.

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    im sure he made way more off the grill than boxing

Leave a comment:

• paradox
    replied
    Well the fact of the mannor, he managed to make more money out of boxing, then he would would have. Hell the man is worth several hundred million!!

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    SO THE WBA AND THE I BF STRIPPED HIM

Leave a comment:

• TheKillerOfSaints
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    ROFL

Not true at all.
    damn man i read all about it in ROCKY LIVES BY A GUY NAMED FINGER......DONT TALK OUT OF YOURE ASS IT DISCREDITS YOU

Shortly after the Moorer fight, Foreman began talking about a potential superfight against Mike Tyson (the youngest ever heavyweight champ). The WBA organization, however, demanded he fight their No. 1 challenger, who at the time was the competent but aging Tony Tucker. For reasons not clearly known, Foreman refused to fight Tucker, and allowed the WBA to strip him of that belt. He then went on to fight mid-level prospect Axel Schulz of Germany in defense of his remaining IBF title. Schulz was a major underdog. Schulz jabbed strongly from long range, and grew increasingly confident as the fight progressed. Foreman finished the fight with a swelling over one eye, but was awarded a controversial majority decision (two judges scored for Foreman, one called it even). The IBF ordered an immediate rematch to be held in Germany, but Foreman refused the terms and found himself stripped of his remaining title. However, Foreman continued to be recognized as the lineal heavyweight champion.

HE WAS HEADED TOWARDS 50 FAST...PICKING FIGHTS HE COULD WIN IS UNDERSTANDABLE.....HE SHOULD HAVE GOT THE DECISION OVER SHANNON BRIGGS

Leave a comment:

• paradox
    replied
    george is awesome...and the things he did at 45 were incredible....but there is no question he was milking it at the end....he was stripped of a title for dodging oponnets
    You remember who he dodged?? I think it was more so due to his age and the commission.

I'm relatively certain Tyson dodged him.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    george is awesome...and the things he did at 45 were incredible....but there is no question he was milking it at the end....he was stripped of a title for dodging oponnets
    ROFL

Not true at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X