No announcement yet.

Lebron James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish it could have been a minute commercial, give more depth to the concept. or see him leaving Gund Arena (if its still called that) and running into the Paul Brown Stadium to play ball.
    "They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America: They will be met."

Comment

LeBron At MSG...

I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid - John Gotti

Comment

NEW YORK (AP) -Not quite Kobe Bryant . Definitely vintage LeBron James .

James scored a season-high 52 points in his 21st career triple-double, joined Michael Jordan as the only visitors with multiple 50-point games at the present Madison Square Garden, and led Cleveland to a 107-102 victory over New York on Wednesday night.

Two nights after Bryant set a record at the present building with 61 points, James was on pace to break it after scoring 20 in the first quarter.

His scoring eventually tailed off a bit, especially after he briefly left the game in the fourth quarter after cramping up, but the skills that make him perhaps the NBA's premier all-around player remained throughout.

''I don't go out there for the numbers, I just play my game,'' James said. ''You guys seen every phase of my game tonight, the scoring, the rebounding, the assists and defensively just trying to attack the opposing team.

''I never thought you could look at the box score and see somebody with 50 with a triple-double, but it's happened.''

James added 11 assists and 10 rebounds, becoming the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975 to have a triple-double in a 50-point game. James grabbed his final rebound with under 2 seconds left, then tumbled out of bounds as time expired.
        Attached Files
        I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid - John Gotti

Comment

I'm gonna tread on hallowed ground here, but if LBJ should be compared to any NBA predecessor I believe at this point it should by Larry Bird. I know ...he isn't white!LOL but why are the white guys only the next Bird? He can drop 40 on you or 20 and 15 assists to get the win. He takes what the Defense gives him and succeeds with a weaker cast (until possibly this season) than Bird had. He trusts his teammates and makes sure they are in position on the court to succeed. He is a student of the game. He is only 23.

I'm not a huge LBJ fan, I think because being in the Cleveland market he's been jammed down our throat since he was 16, but he may be as close to Bird or Magic that this generation has.
          “War is peace.
          Freedom is slavery.
          Ignorance is strength.”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

LeBron Loses Triple Double

NEW YORK (AP) -- LeBron James lost his latest triple-double Friday when the NBA determined that one of his rebounds should have been credited to Cleveland teammate Ben Wallace.

James scored a season-high 52 points and had 11 assists Wednesday in the Cavaliers' 107-102 victory at New York. He was believed to have a triple-double when he grabbed what went down as a 10th rebound with under 2 seconds left.

However, the league reviewed the game and ruled that a rebound given to James with 39.3 seconds remaining should have been credited to Wallace. The corrected statistics now have James with nine rebounds and Wallace with two.

A release from the league said: "All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics."

Had the triple-double stood, it would have been the first 50-point game in a triple-double since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975.
            James now remains with three triple-doubles this season and 20 for his career.

Comment

Was LeBron James right about Sir Charles?

LBJ vs SCB

LeBron James - there is no secret that LBJ is a Dallas Cowboys & NY Yankees fan after being seen at home Cleveland Browns & Indians games wearing the opposing teams gear. His buddy, Jay Z is part owner of the NJ Nets who hope to relocate to Brooklyn although higly doubtful due financial issues regarding the arena construction & a potential foreign investor buy out. Segway to the NY Knicks who have traded good players just to relieve some salary cap for the upcoming LBJ free agent derby. LBJ has dawned a special NY edition of his Nike at their first meeting at the Garden this season. He has not denied the possibility of leaving Cleveland but that has quited since the Cavs have been on a "best season" terror.

TNT's Sir Charles Barkley stated that LBJ should just "shut the hell up" regarding the NY trade talks & that he is distracting to the team & disrespecting the Cleveland fans yet again. LBJ's answer to Barkley's comments... "he's stupid". Well it looks like regardless of the reason for LBJ's comments and all gambling issues aside Charles... LBJ maybe correct. Driving drunk is stupid, careless & dangerous. See below...
              Barkley pleads guilty in Scottsdale to DUI charges

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—Charles Barkley will serve time in jail after pleading guilty Monday to charges of driving drunk.

According to Scottsdale court records, the 45-year-old former NBA star pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges related to the same drunken driving arrest.

Barkley, who works as a TV analyst, is set to begin a five-day jail sentence on March 21. The Hall of Famer must pay more than $2,000 in fines and attend an alcohol treatment program. Under Arizona law, he’ll also be forced to install an ignition interlock device on his vehicles.
              His attorney was not immediately available for comment.

Barkley was stopped by police Dec. 31 shortly after leaving a Scottsdale nightclub. He was arrested after failing a field sobriety test. He had a blood-alcohol level of .149 percent, nearly twice the legal limit of .08 percent in Arizona when he was pulled over.

After a six-week leave of absence, Barkley resumed his studio analyst role for TNT last week.

“This is just my bad, no excuses,” Barkley said in an interview with TNT colleague Ernie Johnson posted on NBA.com before he returned to work.
              “I think that a DUI is unacceptable,” he added. “That can’t happen and I’ve got to challenge other people, not just celebrities or jocks. You have to really think before getting behind the wheel after you’ve been drinking.”
              Barkley conceded at the time he could face jail time.

“I think it’s going to be good for me, to be honest. I need to make sure drinking is not a problem for me,” he said. “I just want some professionals to talk to me about it.”

If they tell him to stop drinking, “then I’ll have to stop drinking,” he said.
              Asked if he could do that, he replied, “I feel I can do anything that I put my mind to.”
              Humapro - Protein for Humans - alrindustries.com

Comment

LeBron is not exactly a Rhoads Scholar himself....

Comment

LeBron gets a big bonus from Nike if he plays for the Knicks. It's pretty much a given he's gonna go there.

Comment

after the season they're having this year im not so sure he's gonna leave...i too, thought he would be heading off to NY but if they make the finals this year and make an attempt to acquire another big name in the offseason i dont believe he will leave

Comment

Originally posted by GOODFELLAS View Post
                      LeBron is not exactly a Rhoads Scholar himself....
                      you do not have to be to call it like it is. CB is a dumb ass just for the fact that he drove drunk. all who do that are dumb assess including self when i did it young and dumb 20 years ago. CB is a grown old ass man. he has money. call a cab or personal limo & someone to wheel your Range Rover home for you.

i want to know how many 18 year olds with multi-millions, traveling the country with 20-30 year old men, access to anything anywhere anytime, going from 32 HS games to 82 NBA games could of handled themselves as professionally well as LBJ has!

that there speaks volumes. he is mature emotionally & mentally beyond his years to match the man child frame he was gifted. outside of the Hummer H2 & 2 throwback jerseys what have you heard truly negative about LBJ. he handled his mothers DUI with class & dignity, respectfully putting her in his place. he takes care of his kids mom. so he's not married but he handles his. with the current divorce rate especially among celebs, marriage is overrated. im done...

Comment

Originally posted by dnice91369 View Post
                        you do not have to be to call it like it is. CB is a dumb ass just for the fact that he drove drunk. all who do that are dumb assess including self when i did it young and dumb 20 years ago. CB is a grown old ass man. he has money. call a cab or personal limo & someone to wheel your Range Rover home for you.

i want to know how many 18 year olds with multi-millions, traveling the country with 20-30 year old men, access to anything anywhere anytime, going from 32 HS games to 82 NBA games could of handled themselves as professionally well as LBJ has!

that there speaks volumes. he is mature emotionally & mentally beyond his years to match the man child frame he was gifted. outside of the Hummer H2 & 2 throwback jerseys what have you heard truly negative about LBJ. he handled his mothers DUI with class & dignity, respectfully putting her in his place. he takes care of his kids mom. so he's not married but he handles his. with the current divorce rate especially among celebs, marriage is overrated. im done...
                        Awww why not?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV View Post
                          LeBron gets a big bonus from Nike if he plays for the Knicks. It's pretty much a given he's gonna go there.
                          This is completely untrue.
                          TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                          www.fitcorps.net

Comment

Originally posted by GOODFELLAS View Post
                            Awww why not?
                            ok. it would help considerabley but not an absolute prerequisite. there...

Comment

He needs to worry about locking up home court so game 7 will be in Cleveland this year against the Celtics

Comment

Didn't LeBron almost jeopardize his draft eligibility by accepting money or was that someone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X