Bettman sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettman sucks

So, what do you figure, will Sidney Crosby have his career cut short before Gary (the fairy) repeals the instigator rule? Gretzky only lasted as long as he did because everyone knew if they touched him they were toast. It was a Suter cross-check to the back that was the beginning of the end for him, which would have come a lot sooner were it not for the fear of a Marty Mcsorley or his like coming over the boards looking for blood...
    Maybe the Pens should beat the hell out of anyone who tries to hurt Crosby, I mean really beat them, third-man-in like, until the rest of the league gets the picture, and damn the penalties. Killing off some extra penalty time would be nothing compared to losing Crosby. What do you guys think?
    Enjoying the awesomeness of the pumptitude as an end in itself

INSTIGATOR RULE BLOWS, IM OLD SCHOOL HOCKEY... BETMAN DOESNT GIV A FACK ABOUT NHL OR CANADIAN HOCKEY. KANAS CITY WANTS A TEAM SO BAD THEY MIGHT DO ANOTHER EXPANSION - MAGIC NUMBER OF 32 TEAMS AND $150 MILLION EACH TEAM. NHL CANT EVEN TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN TEAMS RIGHT NOW...ONLY WANT EXPANSION IN THE U.S AND NOT CANADA. I DONT THINK THEY WILL EVER DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT THEIR PLAYERS, THATS Y ITS ALL UP TO THE OWNERS/ GM'S AND COACHS TO TAKE MATTERS INTO THEIR OWN HANDS.
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH HOCKEY HERE IN THE USA IS NO ONE CARES !
      THE TWO STRIKES KILLED THE LEAGUE

Comment

If any American city gets an NHL team, it should be Seattle. Who in Kansas city has ever even been on skates?
        Bettman's idea of eliminating fighting from the game to make it more popular in the states is just plain stupid. I may not be an expert on American sports fans, but since when do they not like to see a good fight? To sell this game in the U.S., they should stick to what made it great in the first place, not try to pander to an imaginary fan base. That will just backfire, ruining the game and losing money!

Comment

no they will save hokcey by making the nets bigger....excuse me i just threw up a bit there

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

might as well make the puck smaller...

Comment

I WOULD RATHER THEY GO BACK TO THE OLD RULES ... ONLY CHANGE I MAKE IS MAKE EVERY RINK IN THE LEAGUE EUROPEAN ICE SIZED.... OR PERHAPS A MEDIUM INBETWEEN

Comment

It was good to take out the two line pass, but a larger rink would mean less hitting, a la European hockey.

Comment

This article is quite an indictment of Bettman. I heard the writer on the radio today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Comment

Did u see Betman attempt to apease the Canadian fans? Yeap he said it's possible for Winnipeg to have a NHL team... only took him 11 years to say that. I emailed NHL and TSN and CBC voicing some views and a week later.. BOOM on the ALL Star game braodcast drops that bomb on CANADA. The buzz he has create this past week in WINNIPEG and across Canada is only to make Betman look good..a NHL team in Winnipeg? another post / other time.... in the meantime becasue the league is doing so good another 2 US teams wont water down the product. I think this Commissionaire needs to be replaced and new blood with new views and perhaps a new plan to keep its fans.

Comment

The Gary Bettman Song - I'm an Asshole

Last edited by UkrainianGuy; April 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

BETTMAN: 'NHL NO CLOSER TO MOVE TO LAS VEGAS'

LAS VEGAS - The NHL is no closer to moving a team to Las Vegas, despite shifting its annual awards ceremony to Sin City for the next three years.
                        NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said Monday at the Palms Hotel Las Vegas that moving the awards will let the show expand with bigger and better events to celebrate hockey's top players, and is not an indication that the league is suddenly eyeing the city any closer.

"This has nothing to do with that," Bettman told reporters as he stood on an outdoor terrace with the Stanley Cup and the Las Vegas Strip behind him.

"Some league will be here," Bettman said. "Somebody's going to be first, but the stadium/arena issues, I think until they resolve, will preclude any serious consideration."

Bettman said building a new arena is the biggest issue Las Vegas faces in getting its own sports team. He said a stadium would be difficult to finance now.

"We have no plans to expand, and I don't think anybody does in this time frame based on the economy," he said.

Bettman said the NHL is in sound financial shape, and he expects to see league revenues to increase five per cent this season. He said that playoff ticket sales and season ticket sales for next season were fine, based only on anecdotal evidence.

Bettman hopes that Las Vegas' reputation would attract more players, fans and celebrities to the awards ceremony that honours the best of the best for that season.

Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman believes that the NHL and NBA are "neck and neck" as the leagues most likely to put teams in the desert town - if a suitable arena existed.

"I think if we had an arena right now, with all due respect to what the commissioner said, we would have a team," Goodman said. "I really believe that."
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X