Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in the WORST shape of my life...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm in the WORST shape of my life...

    Hello my Brother's and Sister's...

    I don't know how to being this, but I do know how I feel and where I want to get too.

    When I first started to take weight training seriously, I would chase numbers. The more I weighed, the more I could push/pull and the more I did then the next guy is all that I cared about.

    But as time went on and my health deteriorated, I began to focus more on 'bodybuilding' and took my weight of 240lbs down to 190lbs within a year at 6% bodyfat.

    As a 'fat' child growing up, I always found it challenging to lower my bodyfat and consistantly keep it down, hence, 6% for me was beautiful and at the same time horrible.

    I found I could not function in everyday life as a normal human being. I would lose my sense of humor and gain frustration and annoyance with the general public. The only time I felt amazing was when I was in the gym and had an amazing pump and being able to see the 'ravioli and biscuits'.

    Then, I had two horrible years of my life creep up on me where it seemed as though everything was going wrong.

    I lost my motivation and drive to continue to challenge myself.

    Within those two years, I went from 190lbs at 6% bodyfat to 230lbs at 25% bodyfat.

    I feel horrible and hate looking at myself in the mirror.

    However, I am sick of feeling sorry for myself and blaming the hard times of my life for me letting go.

    I am not a 'nub', 'noob' or 'emo' to any bodybuilding forum or 'the game'. I am well versed in many aspects both educationally and practically.

    I have browsed these forums and realize, again, that this is where I belong and that the members of these boards, even though complete strangers, are where my strength lies...

    In the bodybuilding family..

    I will post up pictures of my fat ass. Flame away as it's what I need to get back on track.

    I look forward to being here and being a positive contribution to the board.

    Thanks for your time.

    The Bull

  • #2
    Here are a few pics of what I USED to look like....



    Comment


    • #3
      As soon as the wife comes home with the digital camera, I'll post up pics of how out-of-shape I am now.

      Comment


      • #4
        I say dont be so hard on yourself. Everyone here has been at a point where they werent happy with there body, some people still arent, and never will be. I, for one, will never be happy. Just pick yourself back up and work your ass off, literally . Much luck to you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't be so hard on yourself dude.

          You looked great in the pics you posted from back in the day - I'm sure you can get back there. Just gotta get the ball rolling - remember, getting started is half the battle.

          Best of luck.

          Comment


          • #6
            I know how you feel. I am very endomorphic and tend to store bodyfat easily. The one positive to being an endormorph, is the fact that we can put on size. We just need to focus more on the fat loss aspect of training. I am trying to get my bodyfat down to 9%. I would say I am 20% at this time. Hopefully by the start of 2008, I will be close to my goal. Don't be hard on yourself, many people such as myself are feeling the same way. This game is difficult sometimes. I feel it is more mental than physical. The mental approach to training is so crucial. Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your physical endeavor!!!!
            mike the ripper is a bitch

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Bull View Post
              Hello my Brother's and Sister's...

              I don't know how to being this, but I do know how I feel and where I want to get too.

              When I first started to take weight training seriously, I would chase numbers. The more I weighed, the more I could push/pull and the more I did then the next guy is all that I cared about.

              But as time went on and my health deteriorated, I began to focus more on 'bodybuilding' and took my weight of 240lbs down to 190lbs within a year at 6% bodyfat.

              As a 'fat' child growing up, I always found it challenging to lower my bodyfat and consistantly keep it down, hence, 6% for me was beautiful and at the same time horrible.

              I found I could not function in everyday life as a normal human being. I would lose my sense of humor and gain frustration and annoyance with the general public. The only time I felt amazing was when I was in the gym and had an amazing pump and being able to see the 'ravioli and biscuits'.

              Then, I had two horrible years of my life creep up on me where it seemed as though everything was going wrong.

              I lost my motivation and drive to continue to challenge myself.

              Within those two years, I went from 190lbs at 6% bodyfat to 230lbs at 25% bodyfat.

              I feel horrible and hate looking at myself in the mirror.

              However, I am sick of feeling sorry for myself and blaming the hard times of my life for me letting go.

              I am not a 'nub', 'noob' or 'emo' to any bodybuilding forum or 'the game'. I am well versed in many aspects both educationally and practically.

              I have browsed these forums and realize, again, that this is where I belong and that the members of these boards, even though complete strangers, are where my strength lies...

              In the bodybuilding family..

              I will post up pictures of my fat ass. Flame away as it's what I need to get back on track.

              I look forward to being here and being a positive contribution to the board.

              Thanks for your time.

              The Bull
              It's amazing to me how there are so many people hop on your bandwagon when you take the time to post your journals and let them peek into your life. When I had my weight loss thread over on the natty board, people were constantly chatting me up and sending me well wishes. It seems as if we're all really united for a common goal and it's much easier to walk the path when you can find strength in others. Even when those others happen to be complete strangers.

              Hopefully the next challenge starts soon, we get picked, and I motivate you enough to try and kick my ass.
              Best of luck to you.
              The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

              Comment


              • #8
                good luck

                Comment


                • #9
                  I feel your pain. All someone has to do is show me a picture of food and I gain weight. If I don't stay in what would be contest prep mode for most people I blow up like a balloon. I can put on 50 lbs in a little over 2 months.

                  But the flip side is that Endos can put on some serious muscle! If you stay at it you can have a body that most people have to work at for years to achieve. Muscle has memory!

                  I managed to take off 100 lbs and now I'm trying to get the rest of the weight off and get into shape so I can take my shirt off at the beach without someone calling Greenpeace. If I can do it, you can do it too!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You are not alone....I was once well...awesome as well
                    Now this is what I look like....
                    Attached Files
                    Right-Wing Women Rock!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by apollo11 View Post
                      You are not alone....I was once well...awesome as well
                      Now this is what I look like....
                      You still beat Kamali
                      Ding a dang dong my dang a long ling long

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You got there once youll get back to that shit again! The body remembers where its been. Once you get back into the routine again itll come back much faster. I know cuz I lost 50lbs of muscle after rupturing some disks, was out of training for 2 years and defying odds am returning to where I was finally. My problem is opposite of yours. I drop weight extremely rapidly, hate to eat all the time, and require massive force feeding to grow.

                        KILL THAT SHIT!!
                        Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by apollo11 View Post
                          You are not alone....I was once well...awesome as well
                          Now this is what I look like....
                          LOL, Apollo, I am a fat female bodybuilder right now as well. I am enjoying my curves as much as possible.

                          Fat is fixable.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Tatyana View Post

                            Fat is fixable.

                            lol and contrary to popular belief...you can flex it
                            I love to get narked

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rmenyin27 View Post
                              lol and contrary to popular belief...you can flex it
                              I call myself a Fat Cat.
                              And yes fat is just "unused energy" so tatyana is right....it's very fixable, just takes some discipline, diet and cardio!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X