This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr G View Post

SINCE YOUR SUPPS ARE NOT THERE WHY NOT THINK OF THE BEST OUTCOME THEY WILL LEAVE A NOTE OR YOU WILL BE THERE WHEN THRY DROP IT OFF,ALSO ALL THE FLAVORS ARE GREAT AND THEY ARE GOING TO SEND YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR.YOU KNOW ELECTRICITY EXISISTS YET YOU CANT SEE IT,YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ELECTRICITY SO YOU CAN ATRACT WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR LIFE SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU THINK.
    YOUR GLASS IS ALWAYS FULL
    NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!
    What can i say about Mr G - apart that he is the MOTIVATOR. So True Mr G - our thoughts are ever so powerful and i am sure we will experience this sooner rather than later for the good on this challenge.

Its a shame we have such a massive time difference and i miss out on all your posts (its midnight now) but on the positive side you guys make me wanna get up earlier to go to work just so i can log on the site to catch up on what i have missed

For me day 2 is in the books and tommorrow as per our workout plan is a day of rest so i am going to take it, i really dont wanna burn out - but i warn you guys - i have the edge on you all since i have walked this path before on last years challenge so get that fire in your bellies buring and lets start some competive motivational chatter amoungst ourselves - we have to keep at each other, to spur each other on.

Have a fantastic day

Pan
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• haha now...I don't want to sound negative...but...the delivery guys don't even attempt to go to apartments since 99% of the time people aren't home...so to save time they just go to the office...and that's why we don't get notes My apartment complex's response was just "if you're expecting something, call us and we'll see if we have it yet"...ughhhh! But no worries! I'll call and ask them daily

Oh..and Ludo...no...I didn't get to pick...but I'm not picky w/supps so I'll happily take whatever!
      I love to get narked

Comment

• I did my 45mins at 1pm pst. In the exercise guidelines there are recommendations for abs, but it does not specify the day to do the exercises. I have been doing abs on the days off. Is that ok? if not, what day should I incorporated them?

Thanx.

P.s. I don't care what flavors I get. I'd eat it if it tasted like dog s**t if it helped me loss fat and gain muscle. But I know MHP is a great company and will make it easy on my taste buds.

Comment

• ABS/CALFS

ABS/CALFS
          Originally posted by yoke408 View Post
          I did my 45mins at 1pm pst. In the exercise guidelines there are recommendations for abs, but it does not specify the day to do the exercises. I have been doing abs on the days off. Is that ok? if not, what day should I incorporated them?

Thanx.

P.s. I don't care what flavors I get. I'd eat it if it tasted like dog s**t if it helped me loss fat and gain muscle. But I know MHP is a great company and will make it easy on my taste buds.
          DO YOUR ABS 5 DAYS A WEEK WE USUALLY DO THEM AFTER OUR WEIGHT TRAINING WORKOUT

EVERYONE HAS A ROCKY INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!

IN YOUR WORLD EVERYTHING IS PERFECT
          [email protected]
          516-557-4192

Comment

• Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr G View Post
              NO AMOUNT JUST DRINK ,WHEN I WAS HUNGRY DIET COKE MAKES OTHER COOL FLAVORS AS WELL WITH LIME CHERRY ETC. I WOULD DRINK IT TO SATISFY MY HUNGER.
              JUST RELAX AND ENJOY WHAT YOUR DOING ,YOU CAN NOT MAKE A MISTAKE ,STRESS CAUSES THE BODY TO STORE FAT
              SO DONT WORRY BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

NEVER GIVE UP!NRVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!
              Mr. G,
              Glad to read about the diet coke - otherwise, you are just a beautiful motivating person - this group of people making up the 3rd 2008 Team MD Transformation Challenge, are so lucky to have you cheering them on. You are a shining star!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to the new team and best of
              luck on all of their new transformation endeavors

Comment

• Vitamins, EFAs, etc....

I know Dave recommends taking vitamins, EFAs among other supplements. I'm currently taking:

Fish Oil (Omega-3)
                Evening Primrose Oil
                Vitamin E
                Vitamin C
                Glucosamine/MSM
                Calcium
                ZMA
                One-a-Day Multivitamin

Are we allowed any of these?
                CEE
                HMB
                AAKG
                Beta-Alanine

My question is, how much of each should I be taking and when? I just want to be exact on the quantities. Thank you guys.
                "Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right" -Henry Ford

Comment

• This is what Dave said in 2006 http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/88/57/
                  • 1. Multivitamin 2 x per day (take all vitamins with food): Men should take a multivitamin "without iron" added (women require iron since they lose blood, and thus, iron when they menstruate monthly)
                  • 2. Vitamin C 1000mg 2 x per day (anti-oxidant): Antioxidants prevent damage from free radicals (which can further damage muscle cells even after the workout is completed). By reducing cellular damage to muscle tissue, it enables the damaged muscle (from training) to repair itself at a greatly accelerated rate
                  • 3. Vitamin E (with Selenium) 400IU 2x per day (anti-oxidant): Two other vital Antioxidants.
                  • 4. Omega-3 Fish Oil Pills 1000mg2-3x per day (essential omega-3 fats)
                  • 5. Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 2 x per day (essential omega-6 fats): As mentioned before, essential fatty acids are required to help rebuild broken down tissues in the body. If not consumed, daily, they will, essentially, stunt future muscle growth.
                  • 6. MSM Powder (for joints and tissue repair) 2000mg 2 x per day: All bodybuilders, at one time or another, have had joint pain and/or injuries. MSM is an extremely bio-available source of sulfur that is vital in the repair of connective tissue (joint surfaces, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage). Sulfur is also a necessary component in the repair and synthesis of muscle tissue and since we don't eat many foods that are high in sulfur, MSM becomes a very desirable supplement to the mass-gaining or contest-dieting bodybuilder.
                  • 7. Glucosamine sulfate 1000mg 2x per day: Glucosamine sulfate is another component of connective tissue that is very rarely consumed in the diet (since not many people eat ligaments and tendons along with there chicken breasts and filet mignons). Ingesting adequate amounts of glucosamine, has, experimentally, been illustrated to aid in the repair of torn meniscal cartilages, degenerative joint surfaces, and weak ligaments and tendons.
                  • 8. Creatine 5 grams 2 x per day (5g in the morning/ 5g after you train): Creatine is one of the most incredible natural supplements to hit the market. Its strong presence, even after almost 10 years on the market, is a testament to its truly unique abilities. It does two distinct, yet invaluable, jobs in the body.
                  • Someone basically just ask the same question in his Q&A thread his answer was:
                  • All those listed in that article are still the same, but I have added the following:
                    1. Juice Plus – all the benefits of fruits and vegetables without the sugar (or any calories)
                    2. FIberlyze – my soluble and insoluble fiber mix. It tastes phenomenal and provide endless health benefits – colon health, regularity, fat loss,…
                    3. Arthrolyze – the most potent joint repair supplement on the market.
                    I don’t feel ALA is imperative. You can use it as part of GDA stack, but its not necessary.
                  I don't know about the rest you mentioned hopefully someone will chime in

Comment

• Thanks for clearing that up. I was already taking the said amounts, I just wanted to make sure it was still the same.

Comment

• Shake Question

I usually sprinkle some ground cinnamon and add a little imitation vanilla falvoring (liquid) to my protein shakes. I like the flavor it gives to the shake, but is it allowed? Am I messing the diet up? I'll stop if its hurting my progress. Thanks.

Comment

• Good Morning Guys

Its 08.30 here in Sunny Cyprus - I am at work eating my whole egg and egg white omelet that my lovely wife prepared for me and catching up on our thread.

MHP's probolic is the best tasting protein I have ever tasted - I have been religiously taking it since last year. Apart from that I use Mac-oil which takes care of my Omega 9’s and for my EFA’s I use the species brand Omegalyze.

Species Arthrolyze does wonder for my joints also. Having very high blood pressure I am unable to take the conventional fat burners since they are loaded with stimulants so I use again species brand lypolyze which is stimulant free and very effective.

A week into it last year I had a rude awakening and that was my bowel stopped moving LOL so I use species Fiberlyze for that.

Apart from the above a good coral calcium is really what else is needed – personally I wouldn’t get too bogged down at the moment with trying to take everything that would be beneficial – like DROS said, Dave – or MR G will give us heads up on the next step, be it nutrition, supplementation or exercise.

Have lovely evening guys – and come back to the boards quick

Pan

Comment

• Originally posted by Dros View Post
                          EVERYONE DO CARDIO THIS MORNING?
                          I did mine after my back workout - thats still ok yes?

Comment

• I don't know if I would worry about all the other supps too much. Besides the multi vit/min, Omega 3, and a fiber supp, I don't think the rest is really going to give one a huge advantage in fat loss and muscle gain. Plus they are already providing us with a vast array of MHP products. I agree with Pan "Dave – or MR G will give us heads up on the next step, be it nutrition, supplementation or exercise."
                            Last edited by yoke408; November 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan View Post
                              I did mine after my back workout - thats still ok yes?
                              I'm pretty sure thats is cool. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach or after your workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludo View Post
                                I usually sprinkle some ground cinnamon and add a little imitation vanilla falvoring (liquid) to my protein shakes. I like the flavor it gives to the shake, but is it allowed? Am I messing the diet up? I'll stop if its hurting my progress. Thanks.
                                I think I remember reading something about cinnamon helping insulin sensitivity(Not sure if it matters on a keto diet) And the fak vanilla I don't know about.(does it say it has carbs?)

Comment

Working...
                                X