This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

I have been stalling on this, but here goes. I am a BIG MD fan, love the mag, the hype at the Arnold- you guys are for real!! I have been working out for a while now, enjoying every second of it, and it wasn't until last year that the competition bug started to bite. I attended the Arnold, and one in New York at the auditorium (forget the name- the guy from Hawaii won) and decided to go for it. I trained, i dieted, i hit it hard, only thing, my shoulder started to act up- rotator cuff strain. So there went my plan last year. This year, I was at it again, I dieted, I did cardio, I hit the weights, and NOTHING happened!! My body just remained the same for three months, didn't gain a lb, didn't lose a lb. My belt buckle stayed in the same hole. Well, this knocked the wind out of my sails. Feeling discouraged and flat, I reached out to Mr. G. Sent him an email. I followed the last transformation, and really looked forward to the videos, especially the Mr. G characters at the end, and the "NEVER GIVE UP " part. Thanks Mr. G. Well, I was watching one episode, and he gave a shoutout to me over here in Bermuda!! (I saved that on my iPod and listen when needed )That, along with watching the people in the challenge doing their thing got me pumped. I re-tuned my brain, and got back in gear. I missed the timeline to get ready for the show, but am now doing it because love it.
    So why am I entering this essay? I have never been really able to dial in my body to get down to competition form. I have been trying Dave's diet from what I can piece together from the forums, but to have Dave, trainer of champions actually help me tune the diet up, and Mr. G. with the motivational talks, and the positivity of the brothers and sisters in iron from this forum, I figure I can't go wrong The great thing about this challenge is the fact that, even if not picked, you can still follow along.

height- 6'3"
    weight -301lbs
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by raggeddesign View Post
      My whole like I have been plagued with obesity. Through lots of determination I have managed to drop a considerable amount of weight in the last couple years (around 110lbs), but I'm not satisfied. I look at my progress pics and I still see major areas of improvement and I feel like the guidance and supplement assistance from this challenge is what I need to take my body to the next level, a level I have never been at, a level I can be proud of.

I have received compliments on my transformation already, however, I can honestly say that I feel with the guidance and supplements I'd receive from Dave P, MHP, and the others from this challange..."You haven't seen anything yet"

Here are my current pics for my entry.
      Attached Files
      My Transformation Journal - http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=23781

Comment

Well I've been following the diet for about a week and a half now and its working great. I'm already under 190 pounds. Eating 6 meals a day is great and haven't had the urge to cheat once. I complete the workouts as described and try to do between an hour to 2 hours of cardio a day depending on work. You really don't realize the amount of JUNK you eat a day until you say NO. The only suppliments I have been using are muscle milk for the aloted protein shakes (w/o peanut butter) and NO shotgun since these were the suppliments I had before I began the diet. I plan to switch once I run out.
        Hope everyone is doing well and I will post pictures once the contestants are selected, if I'm selected or not.

Comment

Can people from the Uk enter? are you still taking entries? If so I'll take some pix
          cheap healthy meals

Comment

Whats the word on this contest?

2 weeks turned into a month already..

Comment

Originally posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
              [/u][/i][/b]

this link is not working....................
              it's working now.....
              I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Comment

"Time keeps on slippin' slippin' into the future"

Comment

contest still on?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the contest is still on? Two weeks have come and gone. I guess I'm just eager to find out who Dave and company chose !!!! lol. I have also taken some better pics for the contest if Dave needs them.

Comment

i could pack on a few more pounds and tell greater tales of woe... seriously though, i'm eager to see the contestants and more of Mr. G's motivational videos

Comment

DUD YOUR CHEST HAS HEALED UP GREAT, DO WILL YOU BE BACK TO COMPETING SOON, MR. ZACHIZZLE
                      MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

whats the word on the contest, has anyone at all heard anything?

Comment

Big Dave whats the word on this?? i am busting my hump here. LOL let us know whats cookin'--Thanks

Comment

I mean no disrespect , but I don't understand why we haven't gotten any word on what happened to the contest? is this just a dead thread ? If something has fallen thru , please just let us know.

Comment

Struggling to lose the weight

My name is Taurice, I am 5'6 and weigh 300 pounds. I was very in terrific shape as a teenager. I was very active in sports ( baseball, basketball, football, and softball )and hanging out all day in the streets. After deciding to change my life, I decided not to hang out as much and stayed in the house with first girlfriend I lived with. She kept me fed and sexed up. I went from 155 to 175 pounds. My eating habit were starting to catch up with me and soon I developed an eating disorder.

I decided to move to Madison Wisconsin for a better life although the lifestyle was better. I still suffered from obesity. I have tried several ways to lose to only lose the weight then gain more then what I had lost before. My mental capacity is somewhat weaken because of the weight gain. I am afraid to talk to pretty girls, employers looking over me for promotion, and a host of physical aspects. I feel the MHP Challenge would be the best opportunity for me to seriously tackle the weight gains.

I
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for getting me motivated. After being almost a month and a half after the cut off with no word, I'm saying that I want nothing to do with it. You guys are the best in the business, but still you don't follow through with anything you say. I'll spend my own money and do my own thing to get in shape for myself. I'm not waiting for you or your free supplements. Forget you. You do your mag a great disservice by not keeping to your word.

Comment

Working...
                                X