Erik's Road to 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MHP-Stan View Post
    i agree with tight booty on the comment above. you should be worried about putting on lean muscle mass rather than doing a low carb diet. once you have the mass you want, then you can slowly reduce your carbs to help with the cutting process. you should shoot for 6-7 meals per day. start off with something like this (whole food meal, protein shake, wholefood meal, protein shake, etc, etc, etc) to get started. not a bad way to ease into the transition.

pm me or email me directly and I can help you out.
    thanks MHP-Stan yea I've been eating six whole meals a day already just gonna start adding the carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by erikzarazua View Post
      thanks MHP-Stan yea I've been eating six whole meals a day already just gonna start adding the carbs.

adding carbs is a wise choice. but you must choose the right type of carbs. those are called complex carbs. they help shuttle the nutrients as to where they need to go and help the muscles grow. you just have to find your perfect ratio of protein/carbs/fat. what works for me isn't going to work for you, but we can find a meeting point lol.

Comment

adding carbs is a wise choice. but you must choose the right type of carbs. those are called complex carbs. they help shuttle the nutrients as to where they need to go and help the muscles grow. you just have to find your perfect ratio of protein/carbs/fat. what works for me isn't going to work for you, but we can find a meeting point lol.
        Yea thanks MHP-Stan for the help . Yea i am using the ration of 1:1:1 with protein:fats:carbs.

Comment

Yea thanks MHP-Stan for the help . Yea i am using the ration of 1:1:1 with protein:fats:carbs.

that may be too high of a ratio for you now. i would try something like .5g of fat per pound of body weight. then use 1.5g of carbs per lb of bodyweight. then 1g of protein per lb of body weight

ex. 200lb guy
          100g fat split into 6 meals per day
          300g carbs split into 6 meals
          200g protein split into 6 meals

(16g fat, 50g carbs, 35g protein) is average of 480-500 calories per meal for the above athlete. just use your own bodyweight and apply above. use the ratios and see how that works. this worked for me starting out.

Comment

that may be too high of a ratio for you now. i would try something like .5g of fat per pound of body weight. then use 1.5g of carbs per lb of bodyweight. then 1g of protein per lb of body weight

ex. 200lb guy
            100g fat split into 6 meals per day
            300g carbs split into 6 meals
            200g protein split into 6 meals

(16g fat, 50g carbs, 35g protein) is average of 480-500 calories per meal for the above athlete. just use your own bodyweight and apply above. use the ratios and see how that works. this worked for me starting out.
            Ok I weigh 170lbs
            so here is what i calculated:
            85g fat
            255g carbs
            170g protein
            So per meal that would be 14g fat, 42g carbs, and 28g of protein. In total that would be 2465 is that correct?

Comment

Ok I weigh 170lbs
              so here is what i calculated:
              85g fat
              255g carbs
              170g protein
              So per meal that would be 14g fat, 42g carbs, and 28g of protein. In total that would be 2465 is that correct?

that sounds good to me. try that out for 4-6 weeks and see how your body reacts to it. i follow that protocol pretty much all year round for lean mass/bulking. for cutting up i do a ratio like this (1g fat, .5g carbs, 1.5g protein) per lb of body weight. listen to your body and see how your body eases in with the ratio that your wrote above. train 4-5 days a week and try to stay away from cardio. bodyfat is going to come with the muscle, but not much. its part of the bulking phase.

Comment

that sounds good to me. try that out for 4-6 weeks and see how your body reacts to it. i follow that protocol pretty much all year round for lean mass/bulking. for cutting up i do a ratio like this (1g fat, .5g carbs, 1.5g protein) per lb of body weight. listen to your body and see how your body eases in with the ratio that your wrote above. train 4-5 days a week and try to stay away from cardio. bodyfat is going to come with the muscle, but not much. its part of the bulking phase.
                Thanks for all the help MHP-Stan will do.

Comment

Thanks for all the help MHP-Stan will do.

you got it bro...keep us updated

Comment

you got it bro...keep us updated
                    Thanks bro in will do I'll post up new pics in about 4 or 6 weeks to see if the diet is working and thnks again.

Comment

1st week in college and still stying strong

I just completed college and it was tough at first because there is so many temptations over there and its difficult leaving this life style but still stying on track. I'm fortunate enough that I got some pretty chill teachers they understand what I'm doing and let me get my meals during class. And then there is the girls oh man how difficult is that and the parties but I've stayed true and looked forward and know that all this sacrafices aren't really anything and that in the end it will all be worth it.

Comment

The Olympics a ture motivation.

I've been at home and watching the Olympics while eating and just watched the gymnastics and track and man those athletes have really motivated me to actually want to do something big in this world and follow you're dreams and goals. So its I'm going and moving forward and no looking back anymore and just being in that gym and giving 100% and no less. It's off to 2009.

Comment

Lets see some of your up to date picture bro

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Long View Post
                            Lets see some of your up to date picture bro
                            Yea I'll post some up as soon as I get a camera because my last camera broke and my phone camera is really crappy but by the end or next week for sure I'll have some pics up.

Comment

Here is a pic but its from my phone I took it on 08/25/2008 its been about three weeks since I added carbs to my diet.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Are you using MHP products? I think I read some place that you are using Animal products is that correct?
                                Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Comment

Working...
                                X